Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Tigers back

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Default Re: Tigers back

Quote Originally Posted by bassman2546 View Post
    yeah they should be nice to their fans. It's the fans that make it all happen for them. Without paying to see them live, watching them on tv, buying their brand name product, the sport would be screwed. Yeah, they should be nice to their fans.

Role model? Hmm, let's see. Aside from him winning, what does he have to offer today's youth golfer:

1) bitch attitude toward fans and fellow golfers
    2) dissing the media after shooting a shitty round
    3) not sticking around to signing autographs (mickelson will spend an hour after a round of golf signing, even after attending a press conference after a shitty round of golf).
    4) cursing and swearing when he hits a bad shot. (too many times to count)
    5) slamming his club into the ground, digging up turf after a bad shot. Great example for golf course etiquette.

Phil mickelson will still crack a smile and acknowledge the crowd even after putting out for double bogey. He appreciates them. Role model? Mickelson hands down. People are looking at tiger through rose-coloured glasses. It's quite pathetic actually.
    newsflash there slick phil is the least liked player on tour by far.i have one pga player and one swing coach who i am intimate with once a year and they both told me the same thing,dont believe everything you see when the cameras rolling.did you see the movie tin cup?that cocky prick played by Don Johnson is exactly who phil mickleson is period.

Last edited by lisaparadise; 03-29-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

lol. It's not just about numbers, and never will be.
    oh trust me its all about the numbers if shallow people wanna judge the man so be it but tiger woods as a golfer is without a doubt already the greatest player ever and numbers dont lie.

Yeah they SHOULD be nice to their fans. It's the fans that make it all happen for them. Without paying to see them Live, watching them on TV, buying their brand name product, the sport would be screwed. Yeah, they should be nice to their fans.

Role model? Hmm, let's see. Aside from him winning, what does he have to offer today's youth golfer:

1) Bitch attitude toward fans and fellow golfers
    2) Dissing the media after shooting a shitty round
    3) Not sticking around to signing autographs (Mickelson will spend an hour after a round of golf signing, even after attending a press conference after a shitty round of golf).
    4) Cursing and swearing when he hits a bad shot. (too many times to count)
    5) Slamming his club into the ground, digging up turf after a bad shot. Great example for golf course etiquette.

Phil Mickelson will still crack a smile and acknowledge the crowd even after putting out for double bogey. He appreciates them. Role model? Mickelson hands down. People are looking at Tiger through rose-coloured glasses. It's quite pathetic actually.
    this ones for you lol

Rookie Poster

Tiger shows emotion on the course, nothing wrong with cussing, reminds me of a REAL athlete, football player, baseball player, etc....if you want your "athletes" to be pansies go watch figure skating

You're living in the past man, and its funny, when the whole tiger scandal went down, older espn analysts knew of another old school golfer who was a hound, they didn't name names, but it was funny because they believe if the media was as harsh and as instant now, back then, this this golfer (top 5) wouldve been roasted.

it is about the fans, and the fans tune in way more when tiger is on his game...that's a fact

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    newsflash there slick phil is the least liked player on tour by far.i have one pga player and one swing coach who i am intimate with once a year and they both told me the same thing,dont believe everything you see when the cameras rolling.did you see the movie tin cup?that cocky prick played by Don Johnson is exactly who phil mickleson is period.

Intimate with? Want to add a clubmaker to the list?

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    With all fairness to Phil, does one player and a swing coach dictate the opinion of everyone? And THEY probably heard it from one other person each. Small numbers. You can't please everyone. No one ever will. Even if it's the case, Phil hides it well - something someone else needs to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by 95racer View Post
    Intimate with? Want to add a clubmaker to the list?
    seriously lol oh ya

Junior Poster

As much as Tiger is an ass, I enjoy that as I have said I want winners I want people that take no prisoners, I think to get to the heights he has gotten to you have to be somewhat of a prick, like say Jordan who it's well known is not the nicest guy at all, plus Tiger drives the sponsorships and the crowds and I don't really think thats at all debatable, if you look at a tournament that he is not in the purse is lower and the gate numbers are drastically lower so as far as people hating him I think that the proof shows up when all the people show up to watch him play.

Rookie Poster

Golf fans should watch this:
    http://wimp.com/amazinggolfer/

Quote Originally Posted by Skunch View Post
    Golf fans should watch this:
    http://wimp.com/amazinggolfer/
    Except, I've heard of the great Moe Norman. I think every Canadian golfer has. Nice excerpt.