Default Re: Coronavirus

Trump ain't shit

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Boris Johnson moved to intensive care:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Doubt Novartis makes any real money on the drug. It’s cheap , been around forever and there’s no patent on it. Several companies make versions of it, and from what I understand, both they and companies like Bayer are donating large quantities of this. Maybe Trump likes it cause it’s cheap. Who knows with him. Maybe he’s getting advice from one of his personal friends. It does have some side effects, as all drugs do, but seems relatively safe under the guidance of a doctor...which is why it’s going to get tested and used for this around the world anyhow (just as it already was before he opened his mouth about it). I do wish he would shut his big yap at these press conferences and just let the experts and other members of the team do all the talking, or better yet, don’t show up at all or just introduce everyone and leave.
    Unfortunately, he has a childish inability to do so.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    And it seems like that should be obvious, but apparently it isn't. I can't fathom how anyone could have thought ignoring it and then trying to minimize its significance in public statements was a wining strategy.
    Even if he cares only about reelection the smarter strategy would have been to act early and decisively to get on top of it, then ease off gradually after a prudent period once cases fall to low levels. That would give you a good chance that things would be clearly improving by November. But that would be beyond Trump's skill set and psychological makeup. It's clear that he will be itching to open up the economy again as soon as there is a run of improving data.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

a new era , a new world, all my bullies DEAD or broke, Jesus do Exist and I support him

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

TS Dominatrix Junior Poster AlexisDVyne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Even if he cares only about reelection the smarter strategy would have been to act early and decisively to get on top of it, then ease off gradually after a prudent period once cases fall to low levels. That would give you a good chance that things would be clearly improving by November. But that would be beyond Trump's skill set and psychological makeup. It's clear that he will be itching to open up the economy again as soon as there is a run of improving data.
    Well y'all need to get covered in the blood of Jebus and y'all be saved!

Or is it doomed..

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/AlexisDVyne

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Maybe Trump likes it cause it’s cheap. Who knows with him. Maybe he’s getting advice from one of his personal friends. It does have some side effects, as all drugs do, but seems relatively safe under the guidance of a doctor...which is why it’s going to get tested and used for this around the world anyhow (just as it already was before he opened his mouth about it).
    I'm not sure it's that benign. Not all doctors are equally careful, and Trump's pushing this will lead to many more people taking it without adequate safeguards. The priority being given to this is diverting effort from other potential cures that have better prospects. It also makes the drug harder to get for people who need it for other reasons. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...roquine-170543

I think the primary motive is political. He just wants a story to divert attention from his failures, especially ignoring the earlier advice of the medical experts who are now resisting his miracle cure.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisDVyne View Post
    Well y'all need to get covered in the blood of Jebus and y'all be saved!

Or is it doomed.. ]
    Natural selection works in many ways

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Maybe Trump likes it cause it’s cheap. Who knows with him. Maybe he’s getting advice from one of his personal friends. .
    According to Huffington Post (which does not refer to the Brilliant Mr Kushner) the President is receiving advice from Rudolph Giuliani, Peter Nabarro and a businessmen called Bernard Marcus. Thus Giuliani in the Washington Post:

"...Giuliani shrugged off concerns from Fauci and other medical experts, telling the Post that Trump agrees with him about hydroxychloroquine.
    “I’m sure [Fauci] thinks I am an ignoramus,” Giuliani told the newspaper.
    “They’ve thrown cold water on it because they are academics,” he said of scientists. “We’ve got thousands of people dying, sweetheart. And by the time you blind test it, we’ll have 100,000 people who are dead. Why don’t we get in the real world of being a doctor instead of being an academic?”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...DBzo6yKyv-bdfc

Be afraid, be very afraid.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.