Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Eternal optimist Junior Poster beatlephil's Avatar

Default Re: 20 kids were killed today.... so was the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    America is too diverse and complicated to make sweeping statements about our values. Fact is, most folks from New York, New Jersey, and Conneticut feel the NRA are lunatics.
    I can't speak for people from places like Texas and the deep south. Those cretans wanted to succeed from the USA when Obama was reelected. Most of us would not object.
    I'm a native-born Texan and since all you people in the ultra-liberal Northeast, the far-left coast, and the bankrupt urban centers in the midwest believe us to be dangerously armed lunatics why don't you just repeal the 2nd Amendment and then you can legally take everyone's guns away. All you have to do is introduce a Constitutional amendment in Congress, get 2/3 vote in both the House and the Senate, and then have it ratified by 3/4 of the states and you'll have your dream come true--a completely disarmed America. Of course, you won't mind if we fight you every inch of the way. And I'm certain I speak for tens of millions of legal guns owners when I say you'll take my guns only from my cold dead hand! PS: the successionist movement is no joke!

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    beatlephil

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

the successionist movement is no joke!
    Wear your flag pin when you say that.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlephil View Post

PS: the successionist movement is no joke!
    It is if you can't spell it.

It's "secessionist".

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Why do folks keep thinking people want ALL guns banned? That's idiocy.

And if Texas wants to leave, peace out...but don't expect peace when the superior armed forces of the USA invades the Republic of Texas and colonizes it...

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Junior Poster Wanderer1's Avatar

Thumbs down nope!

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    I'm trying to deal with this tragedy today, as we all are.
    As Gov Malloy addresses the citizens of Connecticut and the rest of our nation I grieve knowing that this deranged scumbag who murdered these kids had 3 guns. How did he get them ? It's as easy to buy these things as to buy a flat screen TV.

NRA. You are dead. You no longer have a political base.
    Fuck you and die
    Legal owner, murdered, that's how the guns were obtained, this is common fact.NRA dead, ha ha, you wish. People, not guns kill people. Firearms don't just jump up by themselves and go on a rampage!

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    there is nothing like a sweaty, hairy shemale!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    Why do folks keep thinking people want ALL guns banned? That's idiocy.
    To be fair...I'd be willing to bet that there are indeed people that would like all guns banned. Why would you , or other members on this site who have claimed the same thing, think that there aren't?

BTW...wanting only P.D.s or military to have them is pretty much considered a gun ban as I see it.

Senior Member Silver Poster

I hope the Dems write up something quick, the American Public has a memory like a Goldfish.

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by beatlephil View Post

I'm a native-born Texan and since all you people in the ultra-liberal Northeast, the far-left coast, and the bankrupt urban centers in the midwest believe us to be dangerously armed lunatics why don't you just repeal the 2nd Amendment and then you can legally take everyone's guns away. All you have to do is introduce a Constitutional amendment in Congress, get 2/3 vote in both the House and the Senate, and then have it ratified by 3/4 of the states and you'll have your dream come true--a completely disarmed America. Of course, you won't mind if we fight you every inch of the way. And I'm certain I speak for tens of millions of legal guns owners when I say you'll take my guns only from my cold dead hand! PS: the successionist movement is no joke!
    I apologize for my anti-Texas remark.
    But to distort what the majority of Americans are in favor of, a reasonable approach to eliminate the legal sale of automatic, high capacity weapons, you weaken your chance to stop what will be the inevitable victory of gun control legislation.
    The more pro gun folks try to stop ANY ban, the better the chance more kinds of guns will be included in anti-gun laws. That's why I cheer the voice of the NRA. He makes the case for doing nothing totally unacceptable.
    If people on your side of the debate participate in the discussion you won't lose all your guns, just the worst kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    To be fair...I'd be willing to bet that there are indeed people that would like all guns banned. Why would you , or other members on this site who have claimed the same thing, think that there aren't?

BTW...wanting only P.D.s or military to have them is pretty much considered a gun ban as I see it.
    I plead guilty. I hate all guns. I believe they should be limited to law enforcement and military use.
    I don't believe a person trained in accountancy or welding is safer in his home with a gun. He's more likely to accidentally shoot his wife or teenaged daughter in a drunk induced domestic argument than accurately using it against an intruder in his home. Ask NYPD how many law abiding civilians successfully killed bad guys last year robbing their homes or stores versus the number of people shot by loved ones in domestic violence disputes with legally registered guns. Hint: it aint even close.
    Oh, you say you're hunter. You dig killing defenceless bears and deer..... It makes you feel like a man?
    Go join a rodeo. take up bowling, or kick boxing. Leave Bambi alone. What she ever do to you?

Last edited by flabbybody; 12-26-2012 at 08:28 AM.