Page 219 of 459 FirstFirst ... 119169209214215216217218219220221222223224229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4582

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Just watched wanderlust. The part where the guy gives himself a pep talk in the mirror had me rolling.

Better quality.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Did you like Denzel Washington in Training Day? I'm not a huge fan of his but I enjoyed that role. Like to see him play another baddie.
    Training Day was on tv last night, so I watched it. Disaster. Good cop/bad cop, old cop/young cop, renegade cop/rule-book cop and so on I don't know how many such films there are, some, like the Dirty Harry set are even watchable. In this one, in spite of boasting about how many druggies he has banged up or has waiting for trial, the DZ character never writes a report, never sets foot inside a police station, has one conference with superior officers who seem little interested in his work and then draws on a team to first dig up $4m that has been sealed in a trunk underneath a concrete floor, before murdering the peddlar who it belongs to. How the peddlar was supposed to get at his own money is not explained; why the rookie who has a wife and a new-born baby never once calls home in the entire training day, not even to say he is going to be late, is not explained. But because we are asked to take seriously this depiction of the 'other side' of LA, is it escapist fantasy? Rookie cop has head thrown through a window, after which DZ smashes a deckchair on the same head, and throws his victim, a fellow policeman, from a fifth floor balcony onto a mezzanine below; moments later, rookie cop leaps from roughly the 4th floor onto the bonnet of DZ's car, with no apparent injury and so on and so on. Seeing Maori Cliff Curtis pretending to be a latino homeboy wasn't much of an improvement either. Apparently the crime writer James Elroy Flecker descibed this film as a waste of time, which is an understatement. Needless to say, Denzel Washington dominates this film with his wooden delivery and histrionics. A waste of time indeed.

Senior Member Professional Poster Absarokah's Avatar

127 hours...would you be able to?

LIVE YOUR DREAMS, FULFILL YOUR FANTASIES

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Stavros - the crime writer James Elroy Flecker? Reviewing films in between writing stanzas of the Golden Road to Samarkand?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Stavros - the crime writer James Elroy Flecker? Reviewing films in between writing stanzas of the Golden Road to Samarkand?
    Oops! Looks like I been fleckered on that one! James Ellroy.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Training Day was on tv last night, so I watched it. Disaster. Good cop/bad cop, old cop/young cop, renegade cop/rule-book cop and so on I don't know how many such films there are, some, like the Dirty Harry set are even watchable. In this one, in spite of boasting about how many druggies he has banged up or has waiting for trial, the DZ character never writes a report, never sets foot inside a police station, has one conference with superior officers who seem little interested in his work and then draws on a team to first dig up $4m that has been sealed in a trunk underneath a concrete floor, before murdering the peddlar who it belongs to. How the peddlar was supposed to get at his own money is not explained; why the rookie who has a wife and a new-born baby never once calls home in the entire training day, not even to say he is going to be late, is not explained. But because we are asked to take seriously this depiction of the 'other side' of LA, is it escapist fantasy? Rookie cop has head thrown through a window, after which DZ smashes a deckchair on the same head, and throws his victim, a fellow policeman, from a fifth floor balcony onto a mezzanine below; moments later, rookie cop leaps from roughly the 4th floor onto the bonnet of DZ's car, with no apparent injury and so on and so on. Seeing Maori Cliff Curtis pretending to be a latino homeboy wasn't much of an improvement either. Apparently the crime writer James Elroy Flecker descibed this film as a waste of time, which is an understatement. Needless to say, Denzel Washington dominates this film with his wooden delivery and histrionics. A waste of time indeed.
    Training Day was based on the LAPD Rampart Scandal. FX's The Shield was too.

LAPD Rampart Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rampart scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry buddy. I'll flip you a few Spaghetti Westerns. You seem good with those.

Can't go wrong with Lee Van Cleef. Tomas Milian does a nice job too.

Last edited by Dino Velvet; 11-14-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Training Day was based on the LAPD Rampart Scandal. FX's The Shield was too.
    You might like this...saw it a couple of weeks ago....doesn't really have an ending though (in my opinion).
    Rampart (2011) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk4MjAxNzU2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA5NTAwNw@@._ V1._SX95_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTk4MjAxNzU2MV5BMl 5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA5NTAwNw@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX95@@AMEPAR AM@@SY140

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    You might like this...saw it a couple of weeks ago....doesn't really have an ending though (in my opinion).
    Rampart (2011) - IMDb
    I remember seeing the poster recently. Probably check it out on DirecTV when it comes on. Thanks.

Senior Member Professional Poster

I saw Wreck-It Ralph .

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .