Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    for the record I'm all for Obama taking office, but until the lobbyist are no longer an influence, the armed forces infrastructure is dismantled and rebuilt, and chicken & watermelon are served on every dinner table once a week things will never change.............

yes you can use that as a quote brotha haze

JWBL
    Funny you should say that.......... I actually found a recipie where you roast a chicken inside a watermelon. I'll let you know how it goes. Sounds quite nice tho.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGrande
    Happy.

Can any Obama supporters articulate a logical case for voting for Obama?facts, logic, and reason required.
    While you're at it, can any McCain supporters do likewise? As I'm not American, I'd really like to see both sides put forward the pros and cons of their chosen candidate. Like PapaGrande says, facts, logic and reason required.

Fork 'andles

Veteran Poster

I prefer Teddy Roosevelt..now there was a dude who kicked ass and took names!

Platinum Poster

uh i'll be bummed about my federal grants being taken away from me.

i may just have to start whore-ing it up.lol

look out cocksuckers.lol

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Can any Obama supporters articulate a logical case for voting for Obama?facts, logic, and reason required.
    There are thousands of reasons.

Let's just start with Roe vs Wade.

Ron Paul is a libertarian. He's for individual rights and liberty. Libertarians believe that "persons are absolute owners of their lives and should be free to do whatever they wish with their own bodies." I've known some libertarians. Some are even friends of mine. Believe me, Ron Paul is no libertarian when it comes to the rights of women to control their own bodies. No libertarian should want to vote for Ron Paul.

McCain is a maverick conservative, right? Well maybe not. He's promised to stack the supreme court with judges who will overturn Roe vs. Wade. No woman who demands her full rights as an individual over her own body should want to vote for McCain. Hell, McCain isn't even for the right of Habeas Corpus.

Ralph Nader whines there's no difference between the democrats and the republicans. But on this issue, there is...

Obama supports Roe vs Wade. Obama supports individual freedoms and in particular the rights of women over their own bodies. The next president is likely to have the opportunity to appoint several supreme court judges. If you're for individual freedom, you'll vote to have Obama make those appointments.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

How will you feel if Obama loses?
    Like I've been robbed, raped, and butt fucked by the Republicans
    again, like they did in the last election with George Bush.

And y'all know how Peggy feels about butt fucking.

Junior Poster

~Ok here's how it looks to me from the other side of the pond.

I kind of agree with what some of the others said.

For starters,Hilary was never going to get nominated coz-1: She is a fucking uber-bitch and
    2: A woman.

Obama will not get in I reckon because quite simply-he's black and America isn't ready for a black guy in charge.
    If by some chance he does get in someone will assassinate him.
    You can't tell me that all the right wing and redneck reactionaries are going to stand for having a black guy telling them what to do. Fuck me if it was still up to them you would still have slavery.

I may be wrong but that is how it looks from quaint cute olde worlde Britain.

It's not hurting anyone,so what's your problem?

Rookie Poster

Great! The only way it could be worse if he won was for Queen Hillary to win! I'll take McCain anyday!

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    There are thousands of reasons.
    Bingo, trish!

Here's another: Obama wouldn't have vetoed the stem cell research bill, which could one day save your life or a loved one's.

And another: an end to tax cuts and tax havens for the top few percent.

And another: a sane foreign policy, one that isn't controlled by a senile old fool like McCain who knows nothing but war. A man who graduated in the bottom 1 percent of his class at Annapolis, yet still managed to get the highly coveted assignment of carrier pilot. A man who touts his POW experiences to cover up his otherwise very mediocre military career as a naval aviator. A man who has shown that he is willing to flip-flop on any position in order to get elected...in other words, another war-mongering white man of privilege like our current chimp-in-chief.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Danny partridge
    Quote Originally Posted by unctrld1
    I will feel the same way I felt when stinking Dinkins became mayor of NYC. I knew nothing will change, and I was right then.

An Obama presidency will be the equivalent of the Dinkins administration. And Obama will be a one-termer too. And, just like Guiliani the next republican to run for president in 2012 will use racial animosity to cruise to an easy victory.

For those in NYC who lived through Dinkins and Guiliani, I am afraid we are in for Round 2 - this time on a national scale.
    Curious what you think of this: Obama gets elected, economy tanks (not his fault; it just does), out of work rednecks need someone to blame, white supremacist groups emerge/re-emerge, Obama gets assassinated.
    Your scenario is plausible, and I had thought of it. However, I think people are afraid of martyrs. Martyrs can't be stopped, their ideas fester and infect others.

Those who do evil have learned that lesson. Ever wonder why "Messy" Jesse Jackson, Rev. "tax evasion Al, and Farrakhan are still alive? Living leaders are fallible. Assassinated leaders are saints to be emulated. Better to let them live and destroy themselves.