Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: 2024 USA Election: Wishin' and Hopin'

The man is desperate, and plain ignorant.
    Tim Scott on Trump Getting Booed by Libertarians: He’s So Popular! (yahoo.com)

One wonders if he ever crosses the state line to see how the economy is doing under 'the worst President in American history'...

"...after years of careful planning, Chatham County has started to change.The new Wolfspeed factory — six football fields long — overlooks I-64 and will soon produce advanced wafers for computer chips. Automaker Vinfast is scheduled to open a factory as well. Both projects stem in large part from incentives that Biden signed into law.

Developers, including the Walt Disney Corp., plan to build several thousand new homes.
    “When the right opportunity came along, we were there and we were ready,” said Greg Lewis, who owns the steakhouse. “It is growth, growth, growth.”".
    In one North Carolina county, it's 'growth, growth, growth.' But will Biden reap the benefit? (yahoo.com)

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    b) I think you dislike White people talking at you, not for you. But you might also tell us if you are jazzed and energized by Trump's negroes -are they 'House Negroes' or 'Field Negroes' ?-Tim Scott, and Byron Donalds. What do you think Trump, a pathological racist who loathes Black people, is doing when he recruits them and any rapper with a rap to his cause? After all, this is the man who built New York City -a city with thousands or buildings and hundred of skyscrapers, of which Trump built two, and probably not with Black construction workers. Lying is what counts, because if you tell a lie enough times, people will believe it.
    Who are you quoting regarding the ‘House Negroes’ or ‘Field Negroes’ labels? It doesn’t say in your comment.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I love it when White people speak up for us Blacks which simultaneously is insulting because what they're really saying is that we're too stupid or too weak to think for ourselves....
    I.E. "Move along, we'll take from here FOR you".....

IMHO, Charlamagne Tha God has it right: "Both candidates are trash"......
    (Oops, Charlamagne is Black therefore he must be too stupid like the rest of us)
    Biden has appointed more black judges to the federal judiciary than any president in history. If the question is “what has Biden done for black people?” you can add that to the list. With a black judge, when black people appear in court - whether they are the plaintiff or the defendant- it’s much less likely that racism will be a factor in the judge’s decisions. Biden just did another round of student loan forgiveness- an issue that disproportionately affects black students (when your family isn’t rich, you take out student loans).

What are some of Charlamagne’s complaints about Biden? Or what are some of your complaints about Biden? What makes him “trash”? What are some issues you wish Biden would address (but hasn’t)?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Luke Warm; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:19 AM.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

The man is desperate, and plain ignorant.
    Tim Scott on Trump Getting Booed by Libertarians: He’s So Popular! (yahoo.com)

One wonders if he ever crosses the state line to see how the economy is doing under 'the worst President in American history'...

"...after years of careful planning, Chatham County has started to change.The new Wolfspeed factory — six football fields long — overlooks I-64 and will soon produce advanced wafers for computer chips. Automaker Vinfast is scheduled to open a factory as well. Both projects stem in large part from incentives that Biden signed into law.

Developers, including the Walt Disney Corp., plan to build several thousand new homes.
    “When the right opportunity came along, we were there and we were ready,” said Greg Lewis, who owns the steakhouse. “It is growth, growth, growth.”".
    In one North Carolina county, it's 'growth, growth, growth.' But will Biden reap the benefit? (yahoo.com)
    Tim-Baldheaded Asskisser-Scott very delusional and needs to keep his idiotic comments to himself. His unhinged leader maybe popular among the MAGA Base,however he isn't so popular everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Who are you quoting regarding the ‘House Negroes’ or ‘Field Negroes’ labels? It doesn’t say in your comment.
    It was not a quote from a verifiable source. I was using the terms, sarcastically I admit, in an 'as if' context, the terms having been used in other contexts, such as in films, though in one case with one of the words I used replaced by something much more offensive. One should really use the " mark for actual quotes though these days the rules are not always applied, hence the confusion. Hope that is clear.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I love it when White people speak up for us Blacks which simultaneously is insulting because what they're really saying is that we're too stupid or too weak to think for ourselves....
    I.E. "Move along, we'll take from here FOR you".....
    Not sure why white and black need to be capitalised, but what I'd like to know is:
    Was Abraham Lincoln insulting black people when he signed the Emancipation Proclamation?
    Was the Supreme Court insulting black people when it ruled against segration in Brown vs Board of Education?
    Was the Johnson administration insulting black people when it enacted civil rights legislation?
    Were all the white liberals who took part in the civil rights movement insulting black people?
    Would it have been better if all these white people had just stayed out and left black people to look after themselves?

Yes, I know you are not going to answer. All we ever get from you is vague insinuations, never any solutions.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Warm View Post
    Biden has appointed more black judges to the federal judiciary than any president in history. If the question is “what has Biden done for black people?” you can add that to the list.
    Mr Fanti reminds me of the Monty Python scene 'What have the Romans ever done for us?'. What have liberals ever done for black people apart from emancipation, ending segregation, civil rights legislation, affirmative action, increasing assistance for needy families, increasing numbers of black representatives and judges, etc, etc?

Yes, many of these things should have been done earlier, but it's still perverse to be more critical of the people who've generally been supportive than those who have been opposed.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

a) Whoever this God person might be, he does sound like an idiot, but I doubt it is because it is due to the colour of his skin, more likely the absence of intelligence.

b) I think you dislike White people talking at you, not for you. But you might also tell us if you are jazzed and energized by Trump's negroes -are they 'House Negroes' or 'Field Negroes' ?-Tim Scott, and Byron Donalds. What do you think Trump, a pathological racist who loathes Black people, is doing when he recruits them and any rapper with a rap to his cause? After all, this is the man who built New York City -a city with thousands or buildings and hundred of skyscrapers, of which Trump built two, and probably not with Black construction workers. Lying is what counts, because if you tell a lie enough times, people will believe it.

From what I have seen and heard, and in the UK that is not as much as you, there are plenty of intelligent, articulate Black Americans in politics who are worthy of both respect, and votes. Maybe best to focus on them rather than a parade of losers and nutjobs who reinforce prejudice when they would do better to end it.
    I know you posed this question to Mr. Fanti, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in.

While I don't see eye to eye with either Tim Scott or Byron Donalds, they're neither a "House Negro or a "Field Negro". Just because they have an (R) next to to their name and are towing the Trump Republican party line, doesn't make them any less of a black person than the Democrats who do the same for President Biden.

As for why recruits Scott, Donalds, and rappers to his cause, maybe its because his campaign team is paying attention to the polls. Like this one:

"One poll from the New York Times/Siena College/Philadelphia Inquirer, released earlier this month, found Biden leading Trump among Black voters, 63 percent to 23 percent. This is a significant decrease from the 87 percent of Black voters who voted for Biden in 2020."

Why else would the Trump campaign hold a rally in a Democratic county in a blue state he has no chance of winning in November. Maybe they feel there are inroads to make with Black and Latino voters. The latter which make up a majority of the population in that part of the Bronx.

As for Trump being a pathological racist who loathes Black people. I have always believed that I rather have a racist wear their heart on their sleeve, so I know where they're coming from. Instead of someone being subtlety racist and in moments of disagreement has the potential to show their true colors.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    As for Trump being a pathological racist who loathes Black people. I have always believed that I rather have a racist wear their heart on their sleeve, so I know where they're coming from. Instead of someone being subtlety racist and in moments of disagreement has the potential to show their true colors.
    I'm not sure it makes any sense to say that racists are less bad if they are open about it. How many Jewish people would say "the Nazis weren't so bad because at least they were open about wanting to exterminate us"?

It's doubly strange to apply this argument to Trump, who always denies he's racist. This is a man who has claimed numerous times to be the least racist person there is!

Last edited by filghy2; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    I know you posed this question to Mr. Fanti, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in.

While I don't see eye to eye with either Tim Scott or Byron Donalds, they're neither a "House Negro or a "Field Negro". Just because they have an (R) next to to their name and are towing the Trump Republican party line, doesn't make them any less of a black person than the Democrats who do the same for President Biden.

As for why recruits Scott, Donalds, and rappers to his cause, maybe its because his campaign team is paying attention to the polls. Like this one:

"One poll from the New York Times/Siena College/Philadelphia Inquirer, released earlier this month, found Biden leading Trump among Black voters, 63 percent to 23 percent. This is a significant decrease from the 87 percent of Black voters who voted for Biden in 2020."

Why else would the Trump campaign hold a rally in a Democratic county in a blue state he has no chance of winning in November. Maybe they feel there are inroads to make with Black and Latino voters. The latter which make up a majority of the population in that part of the Bronx.

I understand the points you are making, but the way people more intelligent than Trump are grovelling before him is demeaning and on another level quite scary -it is little different from the people who hailed Saddam Hussein as a new 'Saladin' or tell Putin he is the last hope of Christianity, or Stalin being hailed as a literary genius, or Narendra Modi saying last week I am convinced I was not born biologically, God sent me to do his work-
    I am convinced I was not born biologically, God sent me to do his work: Modi in UP | Free Press Kashmir

When adulation replaces estimation based on facts and reason, democracy and the rule of law are diminished. Steve Bannon is open about his views '-Stalingrad every day'-, as is Alex Jones, and I don't know that Marjorie Taylor Greene is coy about her views either, none of which makes them admirable. They are open about their views because they really don't care about the platforms they need to voice them, just as if it comes to it, they will shut them down when it suits them, just as they ban books, ban drag queens, ban abortion -and if Trump can work out what he really thinks that his party wants, and ban contraception -then tell everyone it is the Left that is responsible for 'Cancel Culture'.

Americans must choose between democracy and dictatorship, or competence compared to incompetence, it is that simple. Tim Scott and Byron Donalds want to drag their country back to the Plantation where everyone knows their place, and there is only one boss, and in the latter case seem to think Education Apartheid is America's only hope. After all, Capitalism is a form of slavery, and it has many willing victims, terrified of their own freedom.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.