Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: 2024 USA Election: Wishin' and Hopin'

So it is not the record, but the player that is the problem. Will both DJs still be spinning come November? Is it still too late to change?

Biden’s record on the economy is good but voters don’t feel it. Character, not policy, is key to victory | Robert Reich | The Guardian

Not sure who this woman is, I see her stuff on the yahoo site when I have logged out of my email account. This video on Arizona points to the people, if not the means, whereby Trump might be guaranteed victory in Arizona no matter who the people vote for. Suggests the 'Republican Party' is as unhinged as its Dear Leader.

Don't know much about him, but isn't he, ahem, too intelligent to be No 2? Or are his fingers that brown?

There’s a new frontrunner on Trump’s VP shortlist. And it’s not who you’d think (yahoo.com)

Or could it be the second coming of 'St Peter' -why just have one convicted criminal in the White House when you can have two?

Trump would ‘absolutely’ rehire Peter Navarro despite prison sentence | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

I love it when White people speak up for us Blacks which simultaneously is insulting because what they're really saying is that we're too stupid or too weak to think for ourselves....
    I.E. "Move along, we'll take from here FOR you".....

IMHO, Charlamagne Tha God has it right: "Both candidates are trash"......
    (Oops, Charlamagne is Black therefore he must be too stupid like the rest of us)

Last edited by MrFanti; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:11 PM.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

Looks like Trump hasn't exactly been winning over the Libertarian crowd: "Trump furiously jeered as he taunts Libertarians for winning ‘3%’ in elections at their convention." Why would a supposedly independent party invite a major party's candidate to address their convention?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2551645.html

filghy2 Silver Poster

This article provides relevant background on attempts by MAGA-leaning extremists to take over the Libertarian Party. https://www.motherjones.com/politics...rtarian-party/

I think libertarianism is a simplistic philosophy that has little useful to say about the world's major problems, but if you are going to subscribe to it you should be consistent. It's hardly libertarian to want freedom for yourself while supporting authoritarian solutions against others you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    This article provides relevant background on attempts by MAGA-leaning extremists to take over the Libertarian Party. https://www.motherjones.com/politics...rtarian-party/

I think libertarianism is a simplistic philosophy that has little useful to say about the world's major problems, but if you are going to subscribe to it you should be consistent. It's hardly libertarian to want freedom for yourself while supporting authoritarian solutions against others you don't like.
    Thanks for the link, but the contradictions make the 'Libertarian Party' a contradiction in terms, like much of their pseudo-philosophy -if they are non-state anarchists, it makes no sense to both have a political party which has rules and membership, and also participate in a system they don't believe in. Rothbard, Hoppe and people like that are no different from Murdoch -they think Markets know better than Governments, and that the former should replace the latter. But while they are opposed to the State they don't seem to be so hostile to the concept of the Nation (von Mises aside, perhaps) while their attitude to race seems to be shaped more by the experience of American history than the history of states and markets.

Trump was booed at their conference, presumably more footage of this will emerge later. They are an irrelevance right now, and that's their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I love it when White people speak up for us Blacks which simultaneously is insulting because what they're really saying is that we're too stupid or too weak to think for ourselves....
    I.E. "Move along, we'll take from here FOR you".....

IMHO, Charlamagne Tha God has it right: "Both candidates are trash"......
    (Oops, Charlamagne is Black therefore he must be too stupid like the rest of us)
    a) Whoever this God person might be, he does sound like an idiot, but I doubt it is because it is due to the colour of his skin, more likely the absence of intelligence.

b) I think you dislike White people talking at you, not for you. But you might also tell us if you are jazzed and energized by Trump's negroes -are they 'House Negroes' or 'Field Negroes' ?-Tim Scott, and Byron Donalds. What do you think Trump, a pathological racist who loathes Black people, is doing when he recruits them and any rapper with a rap to his cause? After all, this is the man who built New York City -a city with thousands or buildings and hundred of skyscrapers, of which Trump built two, and probably not with Black construction workers. Lying is what counts, because if you tell a lie enough times, people will believe it.

From what I have seen and heard, and in the UK that is not as much as you, there are plenty of intelligent, articulate Black Americans in politics who are worthy of both respect, and votes. Maybe best to focus on them rather than a parade of losers and nutjobs who reinforce prejudice when they would do better to end it.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Start at 3.38.20