Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I love, live, and breath hip hop. I do think that hip hop in general does not treat or give the respect to the classics, greats, and fallen icons they deserve. If any genre truly lived the 'here today gone tomorrow' creed, hip hop would be it.

You mad as shit.

90% of the music i listen to is hip hop. im real big on east coast (new york) hiphop. nas, jigga, biggie, mobb deep, dipset, gunit, state prop, etc... you dont find too many cats from the south that are like this

New Orleans, no place like home.

Junior Poster

I love rap music. It's all I listen to. My favorite MC is Tupac.

Also a big fan. I've been listening since RUN DMC's King of Rock album in the early/mid eighties. My all time favorite: Public Enemy.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Tupac had a MASSIVE influence on society. The world is a different place because of him. He really was a genious, but made very poor choices in life, and paid for it.

In terms of having charisma, talent, and intelligence, i dont think he'll ever be surpassed. Theres a reason why todays biggest Rap stars all credit him with being the biggest influence. If he was live today, and had leaned away from the Ganster Rap, more towards mainstream, he'd probly be one of the top few artists in the music world today, and maybe even one of the top actors. at least black actors.

I'm sure the east coast people will flame me for this, but there are people all over the world who reveare Pac, and will forever. His music and message is not dead.

PS, everyone should watch 'Tupac: Resurrection', even if yer not a Pac or Rap fan, its an amazing look into someone who really did have a lasting effect on the world.

mc ren the ruthless villain,
    dre, the muthafuckin docta

Professional Poster

Tupac Schmupac....... "Y'All Ain't Ready" for Kfed biotches!!!!!!

52 sec. clip of the his upcoming hit single http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYZ46WWH

You know it's pretty bad when Britney thinks it's horrible. Fuck Platinum his album is going straight Wood.

Kool Kieth's "Dr.Octogon" was a classic.

Hip hops best years: 88' to 94'
    Public Enemy
    Boogie Down Prod.
    Tribe called Quest
    NWA
    De la Soul
    Gangstarr
    And the list is just to long...

There just not much moving me in hip hop anymore. I'm feeling a few cats like MF Doom, Common, Madlib, little brother, but a lot is just not doing it for me.

I listen to a lot of what is labeled "Neo-Soul" nowadays.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by McRen
    Tupac had a MASSIVE influence on society. The world is a different place because of him. He really was a genious
    Ooooooooooooooookay.

I saw his influence on society in traffic court when a guy went before the judge with a Tupac shirt that read, "Only God can judge me." He got up there arguing with the judge, let a few smart-ass comments slip as he stepped away from the bench, and the judge slammed his ass in jail for 3 days for contempt of court.

Tupac is a babbling thug. Sorry, but that's how I feel about him. I think he's popular because girls find him attractive, and brothers listen to what the girls listen too for pussy. Quote unquote from Tupac, "You got to wrap to da bitches." Then the bruthas will buy your albums.

Hype hype hype.

Junior Poster

tupac is the most overrated hip hop artist of all time...how some people call him the goat is a joke...he had alot of passion for what he was doing but he wasnt much of an emcee...he was an ok lyricist and his flow was very average...i love hip hop and we should give props to truely great emcees such as big l, kool g rap, and rakim(the goat).