PDA

View Full Version : Jamie French On The Piano.

DeadGirl-Productions
09-29-2015, 08:24 AM
I wrote and recorded this when I was nineteen. This is the first time I've performed it all the way through in one sitting. It's going on the upcoming album from This Island Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJYdCpD9fY

EZWind
09-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Catchy tune there
....had a little trouble hearing the lyrics, tho
...I worked around a lot of loud machinery for 39 years and in my spare time at nite I used to like to go listen to a lot of amplified music, so it could be my ears are going bad
...like the song tho

runningdownthatdream
09-29-2015, 03:18 PM
sounds like you were channelling Tom Waits there?

buttslinger
09-29-2015, 04:37 PM
I was a little distracted, I liked it.

Canucklehead
09-29-2015, 08:53 PM
This is just a joke, so please don't rip me a new one for saying it but........

......"Jamie is great on the piano, but she sucks on the organ."

DeadGirl-Productions
09-29-2015, 10:23 PM
I reaalllly toned downed the Tom Waits-ness from what it use to sound like. I had a good three years there in my 20's where all I ever did was my best Wait's impression in most of what I wrote. Oddly enough this song was written a few months before I ever heard of Tom Waits.

Steve-Oh
10-02-2015, 01:26 AM
Never could stand that dog.

DeadGirl-Productions
10-02-2015, 12:42 PM
More from my band. Details in the details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=QiyThVgaIxc

DeadGirl-Productions
10-02-2015, 01:12 PM
A Tom Waits​ cover I pulled squarely out of my ass. My drummer is the Consummate trooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57kCD6j_vWA

Steve-Oh
10-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Nice Tom Waits, Jamie!
You're singin' lead soprano In a junk-man's choir.

I did not know Willie Nelson covered that, too. I suppose he's not sounding like Tom.

buttslinger
10-02-2015, 09:15 PM
I know Houston is a big city, and I've heard about the strip clubs there, but I think you should have maybe taken your implant money and bought a ticket to L A or New York, Jamie, because that's where the transsexuals and musicians thrive??????????
Am I at least half right?

DeadGirl-Productions
10-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Cost of living around Dallas is ridiculously cheap. Why live out in LA when I'm only gonna get three or four shoots a year? I run my production company from my apartment and drive out to LA when I'm needed. As far as the music... why go where my band will only be drowned out by massive competition? We do our business on the internet where all the kids shop and play in clubs that appreciate our company. Allso, I already know all the trans that matter in my business so I don't really need to live where "the trans are" - If I need to see another trans, I'll look at my girlfriend or into a mirror.

Nah, right here is just fine by me.

I know Houston is a big city, and I've heard about the strip clubs there, but I think you should have maybe taken your implant money and bought a ticket to L A or New York, Jamie, because that's where the transsexuals and musicians thrive??????????
Am I at least half right?

buttslinger
10-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Cost of living around Dallas is ridiculously cheap. Why live out in LA when I'm only gonna get three or four shoots a year? I run my production company from my apartment and drive out to LA when I'm needed. As far as the music... why go where my band will only be drowned out by the massive competition... we do our business on the internet where all the kids shop and play in clubs that appreciate our company. Nah, right here is just fine by me.

That's what I thought you'd say, (I thought you lived in Houston.......When I think transsexual, I don't think Dallas.)

Jimmy W
10-03-2015, 01:26 AM
You did a cover of "Come On Up To The House" so, not that you care, you're pretty fucking ok with me.

DeadGirl-Productions
10-03-2015, 04:53 AM
Thanx

runningdownthatdream
10-04-2015, 12:51 PM
A Tom Waits​ cover I pulled squarely out of my ass. My drummer is the Consummate trooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57kCD6j_vWA

shit that sounded better than Tom Waits......thanks for that and I'd like to take some small credit for inspiring the impromptu performance too........

up_for_it
10-06-2015, 02:09 AM
I thought 'on the piano' was code for something else. Too bad :p