PDA

View Full Version : GISELLE interviewed

hmmm
08-01-2006, 04:20 PM
http://claycane.blogspot.com/2006/08/august-ballroom-feature-giselle-xtrava.html

xxMelania4uxx
08-01-2006, 11:57 PM
That was a Good interview!!! i always Lived 4 giselle..... and she was right i felt the same way when Janice said the Comments aswell.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-02-2006, 02:27 AM
hehehe

ARMANIXXX
10-26-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm a little confused on what a "house" is.

Can someone explain what it means in relation to the article?

ARMANIXXX
10-30-2006, 12:47 AM
^

because I'm still confused on the term "house".

whatsupwithat
10-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Q. What is a HOUSE?
A. A House is a group of people who create a "family" structure with an appointed Mother and /or Father representing the HOUSE, and a collective of other members called "the children". The HOUSE attends Balls under their HOUSE name and competes in varies categories.

The HOUSE name is usually derived from the names of fashion designers or names of founding house members. Examples of HOUSE names are Xtravaganza, Milan, Escada, Armani, and Blahnik just to name a few.

Q. Who becomes the Mother/Father of a HOUSE?
A. Mother and Father are usually people with status in the ballroom scene and who are known for walking a particular category(s). Anyone can take on a Mother or Father role. The Mother role is associated with a nurturing and caring persona. The Father role is usually associated with a defensive and protective persona.

And lastly

Q. Does the Ballroom scene have a specific language/lingo?
A. YES, the Ballroom scene has its own language

House of Aviance (kevin, Kim, etc.) doing the runway tonight with Junior Vasquez. Should be fun!

tommytuu
10-30-2006, 05:02 AM
You know, I usually don't read these articles but i deceided to read this one. Have heard so much about this Giselle person and wanted to see for myself what the buzz is all about. To me, she sounds like any other t-girl from a club. Didn't do anything to increase my understanding of the transgender lifestyle. I don't take her or any t-girl seriously as a model because I don't take models seriously anyway. I like to know that there is a brain working beyong all the ball lingo and designer shoes and purses. Needles to say I wasn't impressed. Just my two thoughts. And why the need to say "I wouldn't look down on someone with hiv". There are some very powerful and successful people who have hiv, we just don't know they do. Some of them are multi-millionaires while others have six figure incomes and she's running around in balls wondering whether she looks down on them. Laughable.