PDA

View Full Version : 50 Shades of Grey

AshlynCreamher
11-15-2014, 05:32 PM
I read the trilogy in Seattle two years ago. Finally the movie will be released this Valentines Day, and I must say I am so excited!!! :nervous:

Fifty Shades Of Grey - Official Trailer (Universa…: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZWFDs0LxA

Jericho
11-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Oh Christ...I *know* I'm going to get dragged into watching that at some point.
Please...Kill me now! :praying:

SXFX
11-15-2014, 07:11 PM
god it's going to suck as much as eat pray throw the fuck up?

Ben in LA
11-15-2014, 08:16 PM
With all of the girls that are going to be in town that weekend maybe I should have a group outing with them to see it at The Grove or something...

AshlynCreamher
11-17-2014, 04:03 PM
If you had the chance to read the first book 5O Shades of Grey and watch the trailer, they are both dead on. Everything from his office, Charlie Tango, the late night Piano and the Red Room of Pain! Its all in the trailer so this tells me that it ISNT going to' how did SXFX put it?

god it's going to suck as much as eat pray throw the fuck up?This will simply be the movie that knocks Pretty Woman off the shelf!!!

up_for_it
11-17-2014, 11:46 PM
god it's going to suck as much as eat pray throw the fuck up?

Ha! Yep, I agree. The trailer is total cheesecake. I guess the upside is that more people will be open to kink, oh wait, then it will go the way of every other form of counter-culture people figured out they could make a buck off of. :dead-1:

lifeisfiction
11-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Can someone please tell me what's the gist of the movie and why so many people are going crazy over it.

AshlynCreamher
11-18-2014, 12:44 AM
Fifty Shades of Grey is a romance/erotic novel written by Brirtish author E.L. James. It is the first installment in the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy that traces the deepening relationship between college graduate, Anastasia Steele, and business magnate, Christian Grey. It is notable for its explicitly erotic scenes featuring elements of sexual practices involving bondage/discipline, dominance/submission, and sadism/masochism (BDSM).

lifeisfiction
11-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Really, hmmmmm. I thought it was more than just that. A young innocent women, under the control of big powerful man and she just wants to fulfill his every wish. If that is actually the plot, I will wet my pants with laughter. Romance novels never change.

fred41
11-18-2014, 01:33 AM
Not big on bondage or S&M but I did kind of like "The Secretary" with James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal...They looked real in that...it was quirky in a good way. The cast helped make it that way.
The casting for this film...meh...but you never know.

plus I'm apparently not the target audience anyway.