PDA

View Full Version : Casa Susanna

maaarc
06-02-2014, 04:41 AM
Stumbled upon this and thought it was interesting to see the girls from way back when.

The original secret drag hideaway, called Casa Susanna, was discovered when a furniture dealer named Robert Swope bought an unmarked box of the club’s photos at a flea market in Manhattan. In 2005, he turned the collection of pictures into a book, Casa Susanna, and a lot of the men’s stories finally came to light after it was published.

The bed-and-breakfast was run by a husband and wife team; Tito Valenti was a court translator, who was also a cross-dresser named Susanna, and Marie was a famous wig maker in Manhattan, who happily cooked, and provided makeover lessons, for guests

And those guests just wanted to look like average women – not over-the-top parodies. They’re pictured eating dinner in 50s cocktail dresses, posing demurely in evening gloves and pearls, and strolling through the grounds in perfect make-up and high-heels.

One of the men, who didn’t want his true identity revealed, told the New York Times: “It was the most remarkable release of pressure, and it meant the world to me then. I’d grown up in a very conventional family. I had the desire to marry, to have the house, the car, the dog. And I eventually did. But at that point there were all these conflicting desires that had no focal points. I didn’t know where I fit.

“Whatever your secret fantasies were, you were meeting other people who had similar ones and you realized, ‘I might be different, but I’m not crazy’.”

dakota87
06-02-2014, 04:50 AM
Good find. Thanks for sharing. It's very interesting. Here's another set I found:
http://lightbox.time.com/2014/04/14/casa-susanna/#1

dakota87
06-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOvwbPyCEc

maaarc
06-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Good find. Thanks for sharing. It's very interesting. Here's another set I found:
http://lightbox.time.com/2014/04/14/casa-susanna/#1

Thanks Dakota :)

danoblue
06-02-2014, 06:35 AM
This is GREAT stuff! I love looking at these retro CDs. I guess most were straight?

It's like looking at T-Girl Night party photos but from 50 years ago. A real turn on, thank you OP.

danoblue
06-02-2014, 06:46 AM
I just bought the book from Amazon. I love looking at these ladies.

There's a link on the T-Girl Nights site where for I think $300 a lady will dress you up in full makeup and take photos of you.

I've thought about doing this many times. I know of all the effort and cost that goes into dressing up which is why I don't really do it but love hanging out at clubs with girls who do.

Big crossdresser fan, especially if they really get girly and femme. It's even better if they are a gay man so there's a possibility of getting intimate.

I can only be with a man if they dress up [and hair shaved!] a guy by himself doesn't do much for me.

danoblue
06-12-2014, 03:17 AM
Just got the book and flipped thru it. I love these photos.

I'm very turned on.

Have to go out but will examine in more detail tonight!:)

nevada64
06-13-2014, 03:04 AM
Fascinating. Thank you for this. Seeing the old interiors of the dwellings, reminds me of being a little boy. The televisions, furniture, wallpaper, fashions, hair, it takes me back to being a boy in the 60's. Thanks.

LI SEAN08
06-13-2014, 03:41 AM
None showing cocks like today. I wonder if they look the same as tranny cocks today!!! Lol

stan.smith
06-14-2014, 10:41 AM
damn thats awesome. coming from a time where there was no ts exposure let alone the internet these girls look fantastic and classy. def not what the new girls represent. right now its all about the $$$$