PDA

View Full Version : OK Cupid Stop Discriminating Against TG's

GroobySteven
05-13-2014, 06:49 PM
https://www.change.org/petitions/okcupid-end-your-discrimination-against-transgender-users-remove-all-transphobic-content-from-your-site

Either click on the link above and read there - or read below then sign. This petition was started by the lovely, Kayden Harley BTW

THE ISSUE:
Since its launch, OKCupid has been a 'go to' for young people looking to find a date. However, the admins of OKCupid have made it clear that Transgender people (Specifically Trans Women) are not welcome on their site. Throughout the years, hundreds of their site members have had their profiles closed and banned simply because they identify as Transgender.
Taking it a step further, OKCupid.com serves as host to countless Transphobic user quizes/tests. Using derogatory terms such as "shemale, ladyboy & tranny' members are asked to judge a woman's gender based on physical features. Below are just a few of the many quizes/tests that can be easily found by a simple google search.
Shemale Or Female Test...Can U Tell? (http://www.okcupid.com/tests/shemale-or-female-testcan-u-tell)
The Female or Shemale (part 2) Test (http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-female-or-shemale-%28part-2%29-test)
do you like shemales (http://www.okcupid.com/tests/do-you-like-shemales)

THE OKCUPID HYPOCRICY:
In March of 2014, OKCupid led a boycott of web browser: Mozilla Firefox, for appointing a new CEO who donated $1,000 in support of California's anti-gay Proposition 8 in 2008. In their own words: "we’ve devoted the last ten years to bringing people—all people—together." Later on in their boycott letter they claim: "Equality for gay relationships is personally important to many of us here at OkCupid. But it’s professionally important to the entire company. OkCupid is for creating love. Those who seek to deny love and instead enforce misery, shame, and frustration are our enemies, and we wish them nothing but failure."
Apparently, OKCupid reserves 'equality' for straight and gay people just as long as they don't identify as Transgender. Meanwhile, OKCupid promotes misery, shame and frustration every time they deny those (Trans People) who seek love on their dating site & whenever they allow content that is offensive to the Transgender community at large.

THE SOLUTION:
Unlike in their own petition, we do not wish OKCuid failure. Instead, we demand they stop removing the accounts and profiles of Transgender people, we also demand they remove all transphobic content from their website. Immediately.
Please stay tuned as I will post any and every update related to this petition. Also, I encourage you all to share this petition with your friends and family. Feel free to tell us your experience with OKCupid as a Transgender person in the space provided below.

https://www.change.org/petitions/okcupid-end-your-discrimination-against-transgender-users-remove-all-transphobic-content-from-your-site

nysprod
05-13-2014, 09:19 PM
I've been a member there for about two years...never seen those tests before and i thought they had a no nudity policy.

There are many transgender women with profiles there, and pretty much every one states they're tg in their profile...i had no idea ok cupid was deleting the accounts of some tg women but as i said, there are many profiles of tg women currently active.

Fyi, Venus Lux has a profile on the site.

TSMichelleAustin
05-13-2014, 10:37 PM
I used to have one! I deleted it! I met a few guys who love trans on there. Its sad.

But what is up with every girl they show she has to be muscle girl and every trans is Brazilian? LOL

deepfix
05-14-2014, 12:56 AM
I've been a member there for about two years...never seen those tests before and i thought they had a no nudity policy.

There are many transgender women with profiles there, and pretty much every one states they're tg in their profile...i had no idea ok cupid was deleting the accounts of some tg women but as i said, there are many profiles of tg women currently active.

Fyi, Venus Lux has a profile on the site.
I think it's more a open system of hostility if I remember correctly in OK Cupid and a lot of those dating sites. You can't identify as "trans" in the drop down than men on the forums pull the whole,"I showed up for the date and she told me after we were in bed and I was blowing her!!!" So the admins solution is to more or less purge their database of accounts that have been flagged. Again this is just from what I remember. And if had a dollar for every girl on Ok Cupid that looked like Venus Lux I might be able to get a handjob with 100 sandpaper and a half eaten happy meal lol. I should look again if the talent came up like that!!!

Wendy Summers
05-14-2014, 01:18 AM
wth? Granted it's been a number of years since I used it, but the website used to be very good with it. TBH this is the first I'm hearing there is a problem.

nysprod
05-14-2014, 02:29 AM
I think it's more a open system of hostility if I remember correctly in OK Cupid and a lot of those dating sites. You can't identify as "trans" in the drop down than men on the forums pull the whole,"I showed up for the date and she told me after we were in bed and I was blowing her!!!" So the admins solution is to more or less purge their database of accounts that have been flagged. Again this is just from what I remember. And if had a dollar for every girl on Ok Cupid that looked like Venus Lux I might be able to get a handjob with 100 sandpaper and a half eaten happy meal lol. I should look again if the talent came up like that!!!

You won't see "transgender' in the drop-down menu on sites like okc or pof, but you can search by keyword on okc.

Obviously I can't be definite about Ms. Lux, but her email is there and her location switches when she travels.

deepfix
05-14-2014, 02:48 AM
You won't see "transgender' in the drop-down menu on sites like okc or pof, but you can search by keyword on okc.

Obviously I can't be definite about Ms. Lux, but her email is there and her location switches when she travels.
Yeah I seem to remember Sareena maintaining a profile on their years back as well. Ahhhh I needed that smile I shall track her down presently :) I also know several local girls who keep up their pics on a couple sites.
Again I think its a half from the guys who are mad about what they expect they should be getting from a paid service/dating site and are/aren't receiving. And the other half is from the admins who would rather not fix their metrics and as soon as a complaint comes in they just flag it to be removed. It's not an ip/mac addie ban. Just strip the profile and make them put it up again.