PDA

View Full Version : how is this racist?

RallyCola
03-28-2014, 09:15 AM
so i was just accused of being racist because i said eryn sky and kourtney dash look almost identical to me. the response was..."oh so you are saying all black people look alike...that's fucking racist"

that's not what i meant at all. don't you guys agree that they are really quite similar? save for the tats and penile coloration, i'd have a hard time ID'ing them since things like hair color/length are so transient.

BatMasterson
03-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Anybody who doesn't see what you mean is a moron. A blind moron. Of course there is an actual resemblance.

martin48
03-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Nothing to do with being racist. It is a universal phenomenon in humans called "The Other Race Effect." Check it out

GroobySteven
03-28-2014, 10:17 AM
I had a problem thinking this was a same girl when the sets came into the office, within a short time of each other. Look close they're obviously different but on first look ...

giovanni_hotel
03-28-2014, 12:06 PM
People need to trust the moral conscience and instincts more and not freak out when someone accuses them of being racist.

Other than the cock, that's the same chick!!lol

Everybody looks like somebody, even Black folk.

Ben in LA
03-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Not racist...only speaking the truth (they DO look alike; even their eyebrows are similar).

Prospero
03-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Both cute as hell.. And Ben, your strap line is pure brilliance

RallyCola
03-28-2014, 01:29 PM
thanks...i am happy i am not alone on this one because i meant nothing by it accept to indicate that one beauty could easily be mistaken for the other.

also, while i don't know if this is accurate...but they are apparently both from houston too (as per shemalestardb).

other girls do share similarities; the evidence is in all the ID threads where errors are made because one may look like the other but i can't think if another situation where two babes look so close.

the perv in me can't help but imagine if they did a lesbian scene...it would be akin to identical twins doing each other, no? and wouldn't that be hot?!?!?

dderek123
03-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Perhaps they had the same makeup artist for their shoots. On closer inspection I can see how their faces look a little bit different. Not racist.

APD2
03-28-2014, 02:04 PM
The top one has an outie and the bottom an innie. Apart from that,if you told me they were the same model I wouldn't disbelieve you.

People can change a lot with surgeries,hormones and tattoos- along with your standard make-up and hairstyles for a shoot.

APD2
03-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Nah.Not racist, rally.

Wendy Summers
03-28-2014, 02:14 PM
so i was just accused of being racist because i said eryn sky and kourtney dash look almost identical to me. the response was..."oh so you are saying all black people look alike...that's fucking racist"

that's not what i meant at all. don't you guys agree that they are really quite similar? save for the tats and penile coloration, i'd have a hard time ID'ing them since things like hair color/length are so transient.

Clearly the person calling you racist is a cockhound... one woman's cock is waaaay larger than the other. :banana::banana::banana:

DeezNuts515
03-28-2014, 02:47 PM
"Racist" is usually a cop out insult from ignorant people who don't know the true meaning of the word, and lack an understanding of historical events. It makes them feel powerful and important to call others that, which underscores their own insecurities.

trish
03-28-2014, 03:29 PM
I don't see race. People tell me I have an innie (as opposed to an outie), and I believe them because I feel an indentation there.

LABiM75&StrF51
03-28-2014, 03:39 PM
They both have that over-exaggerated TS look.... with the eyebrows, hair, and make-up.
(That I personally just don't understand outside of a John Waters movie)

Otherwise, not too similar....

Though, the comment you received I would hope was jokingly or just a Troll.... otherwise, the person making it was the Racist.

alpha2117
03-28-2014, 03:41 PM
I don't see race. People tell me I have an innie (as opposed to an outie), and I believe them because I feel an indentation there.

Trish do you have a Captain America shield on your wall by any chance?

trish
03-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Trish do you have a Captain America shield on your wall by any chance?You mean this? ->

buttslinger
03-28-2014, 05:02 PM
They look like SISTERS to me.....

blackchubby38
03-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Its not racist at all and the people giving the OP shit about it need to lighten the fuck up.

Dino Velvet
03-28-2014, 06:12 PM
About as racist as people who can't tell the difference between Robert DeNiro and Harvey Keitel during certain moments of Mean Streets. I think some people just get a thrill up their leg calling someone racist.

nysprod
03-28-2014, 06:17 PM

Not saying you're racist but the post is problematic on several levels:

1. You're white (or at least your avatar is) and the girls aren't.

2. Saying they look "almost identical" implies that you as a white guy can't tell two black girls apart...perhaps a better choice of words might have been something along the lines of "these girls could be sisters," which anyone would be hard pressed to deny.

3. Since one has a tat (and a noticeably bigger dick), it's actually easy to tell them apart.

4. What's the point of saying they look alike in the first place?

Still, there definitely is a level of over-sensitivity out there, so choose wisely.

trish
03-28-2014, 06:24 PM
About as racist as people who can't tell the difference between Robert DeNiro and Harvey Keitel... All I see here are two old white dudes. I can't tell one from the other, and I got 20/80 vision without my glasses.

Dino Velvet
03-28-2014, 06:32 PM
All I see here are two old white dudes. I can't tell one from the other, and I got 20/80 vision without my glasses.

I wish those two would work together again. I really like Mean Streets and Taxi Driver. What other films did they appear in together? Trivia Time...

trish
03-28-2014, 06:37 PM
I believe this is them in Expendables.

Dino Velvet
03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
I believe this is them in Expendables.

I was thinking Copland but I forgot about Expendables. Good one.

$$$Bill
03-28-2014, 06:42 PM
Falling in love

buttslinger
03-28-2014, 08:06 PM
This clip might be a tad racist, but it does have some movie reviews

Howard Stern - Daniel Carver's Movie Reviews & His Thoughts On Blacks (1/2) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wySofwr2ZQ)

lifeisfiction
03-28-2014, 09:04 PM

2. Saying they look "almost identical" implies that you as a white guy can't tell two black girls apart...perhaps a better choice of words might have been something along the lines of "these girls could be sisters," which anyone would be hard pressed to deny.

3. Since one has a tat (and a noticeably bigger dick), it's actually easy to tell them apart.

Still, there definitely is a level of over-sensitivity out there, so choose wisely.

I remember Grooby a while back had to explain that they were different girls. I it is not easy to tell unless they are side by side. Or if you have good memory. I don't think calling them identical is racist. I am black, I don't see it in this case as problem. If had said they were sisters I am sure he probably would have gotten more slack. Society has become way too oversensitive for me these days.

bluesoul
03-28-2014, 09:50 PM

1. his avatar shows a white person and the girls aren't white: that's actually a problem?

2). you acknowledge that they looks like they could be related, but one cannot say they look "almost identical"? are we allowed to say "they looks almost a like" or is that racist too?

3. what if they had their clothes on and we couldn't see their dicks. or what if we were just to consider their faces: since i don't think even twins have similar penis sizes.

4. if someone thinks two people look similar, it's not good to point this out? what can and can we not say then?

broncofan
03-28-2014, 11:24 PM
4. if someone thinks two people look similar, it's not good to point this out? what can and can we not say then?
It doesn't apply in this case but if you say two black people look alike and they don't at all (even considering that there's some subjectivity involved) it might indicate that you have a part of your mind where you process faces in a crude and associative manner. Like for instance if you say that a slightly heavy set black guy reminds you of George Foreman. Or that you always get Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle confused.

It's not the most malicious thing in the world, but people being people, they may have some sense of how you have processed the information. Instead of remembering the faces and a range of relevant info, you may have a tiny folder in your brain for "funny black man" or something.

Anyhow, people aren't perfect and I think there should generally be some slack on this...as the ability to acutely identify faces has been shown to be more difficult across racial lines (so it's not just white people who make mistakes).

RallyCola
03-28-2014, 11:45 PM
i'm not white so i won't even bother to respond to any sentiment about that. i have a pet turtle and that directv turtle commercial is damn funny.

its ironic that the person who alleged that i was racist for initially thinking it was the same girl has not replied to this thread.

i stand behind what i said before...i can think of no other 2 models NO MATTER WHAT RACE THEY ARE, that look so incredibly similar. I'm not as cock obsessed that it was the first think i looked at to see if they were the same girl or not...i compared facial features then i looked at naked pics and immediately saw the tats so that's how i knew.

i'm not saying that Morgan Bailey looks like Sienna Grace, or that Kandi Redd looks like Suzanna Holmes or that Venus Lux looks like GroobyKrissy...those are absolutely ridiculous statements...these are just 2 girls that share an uncanny resemblance. There is a popular transwoman model that IMHO looks like Miss Piggy...what is that? am i going to be regarded as a zoomorphist then? stop the insanity.

broncofan
03-28-2014, 11:59 PM
i'm not white so i won't even bother to respond to any sentiment about that.
You've actually said what your background is elsewhere. I think the two models look a lot alike also.

RallyCola
03-29-2014, 12:07 AM
You've actually said what your background is elsewhere. I think the two models look a lot alike also.

exactly and since i feel it has no bearing on this discussion, it is pointless.

now, after carefully studying the 2 women in question because, well, ya know, a guy's gotta fap...their differences stand out far more than their similarities but as i said...initially, i was very confused.

to me this is no different than saying that laisa lins and carole bouquet look identical (well, carole bouquet when she was young and hot...laisa still has years before she catches up in the wrinkles dept).

Jimmy W
03-29-2014, 01:29 AM
Want to know why you were accused of being a racist? It's cause someone has nothing better to do than concoct a phony controversy, feign outrage, and attempt to draw you in. And yes, they look alike

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 01:54 AM
Want to know why you were accused of being a racist? It's cause someone has nothing better to do than concoct a phony controversy, feign outrage, and attempt to draw you in.

I think some people just get a thrill up their leg calling someone racist.

Not sure if this character is raising the roof or trying to keep it from falling in on him. Sam Jackson enjoying some Hollywood Liberal backpedaling as he works him like an insecure, guilt-ridden puppet. Woot! Woot!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/10/article-2556192-1B5E0F4100000578-905_634x380.jpg

RallyCola
03-29-2014, 11:29 AM
is that the guy that thought sam jackson was laurence fishburne after the superbowl? i only heard the story on the radio...don't know what the interviewer looked like.

nysprod
03-29-2014, 06:38 PM
I remember Grooby a while back had to explain that they were different girls. I it is not easy to tell unless they are side by side. Or if you have good memory. I don't think calling them identical is racist. I am black, I don't see it in this case as problem. If had said they were sisters I am sure he probably would have gotten more slack. Society has become way too oversensitive for me these days.

I agree, I'm not saying it's racist...and you're right, society has become too oversensitive, although I still think saying the girls could be sisters would have been better.

1. his avatar shows a white person and the girls aren't white: that's actually a problem?

2). you acknowledge that they looks like they could be related, but one cannot say they look "almost identical"? are we allowed to say "they looks almost a like" or is that racist too?

3. what if they had their clothes on and we couldn't see their dicks. or what if we were just to consider their faces: since i don't think even twins have similar penis sizes.

I still want to know what the point of the thread is since it's so obvious they do look alike...I mean, why bother making a thread saying there's a lot of sand in the desert?

ladd3rfr3ak
03-29-2014, 06:47 PM
There are people here in this forum who think from their nuts instead of a their brain.
Btw one has an awesome sausage and the other has awesome balls. i can differ between them by that feature..:P

fred41
03-29-2014, 07:02 PM
They look similar in the pics used as examples, especially because they did their eye makeup identically - very close set eyebrows using what looked like a stencil.
It wasn't a racist statement.
Rally...was that accusation made in one of the threads...because I couldn't find it.

trish
03-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Here they are side by side. Look pretty different to me.

fred41
03-29-2014, 08:08 PM
They look different (especially side by side)..but there's enough of a resemblance where a cursory glance could make you confuse the two...especially when you are dealing with photos. It happens in real life too...I get confused with people all the time and...again...sometimes the resemblance is close, sometimes it isn't...sometimes it's within a specific context..
Doesn't make it racist though...need more information than that about a person for them to be labeled that.

broncofan
03-29-2014, 08:27 PM
But you don't see people side by side. If you see people you confuse side by side you can distinguish them easily. When I was a kid I thought Matt Damon reminded me of Mark Wahlberg. The truth is they're just two somewhat shorter guys from Boston with brown hair. It has more to do with the foibles of memory than eyesight.

nysprod
03-29-2014, 08:31 PM

There's a strong similarity, they could be sisters imo

fred41
03-29-2014, 08:37 PM
But you don't see people side by side. If you see people you confuse side by side you can distinguish them easily. When I was a kid I thought Matt Damon reminded me of Mark Wahlberg. The truth is they're just two somewhat shorter guys from Boston with brown hair. It has more to do with the foibles of memory than eyesight.
yup...as a matter of fact..google : celebrities mistaken for other celebrities..in the google image section...some look similar, some don't...we all make those mistakes.

trish
03-29-2014, 08:43 PM
As Martin's early post points out, confusing people of another race is a cognitive phenomena, not racism. Hey, I can't tell De Niro from Keitel :)

What I think is going on here is precisely that we don't see these girls side by side. In the original post we have to scroll down and in the process some folks are unable to retain a faithful enough copy of the first image in their minds. By the time they get there its features blur into the (what they regard as) similar second image. (Besides, while scrolling they're distracted by ... all those pretty distractions) I think their minds simply haven't logged the necessary facial markers that make the first face unique. The question is "Why?" I think, like Martin, the answer may be racial but not racism.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 08:45 PM
I always like this one.

http://www.moillusions.com/wp-content/uploads/photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5639/2020/400/988315/SeparatedatBirth2-1.jpg

trish
03-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Second Dude is W. Who's the first?

broncofan
03-29-2014, 08:49 PM
I think Ted Bundy

trish
03-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Which one got the most people killed?

broncofan
03-29-2014, 09:03 PM
As Martin's early post points out, confusing people of another race is a cognitive phenomena, not racism. I think their minds simply haven't logged the necessary facial markers that make the first face unique.
If you can't log people's features as easily, I wonder if people also don't register the facial cues for emotions such as sadness, anger, or joy as well in people of different races.

I also wonder if the ability to register faces of the same race is an extension of narcissism. We have a keen sense of how we look and maybe we recognize other people by extrapolating from that. Just random thoughts.

trish
03-29-2014, 09:08 PM
If you can't log people's features as easily, I wonder if people also don't register the facial cues for emotions such as sadness, anger, or joy as well in people of different races.A very astute and interesting question. I would guess, "yes."

broncofan
03-29-2014, 09:13 PM
A very astute and interesting question. I would guess, "yes."
I did find stuff on the cross race effect of emotion recognition just now. There is something to that.

I could not find anything about self-image and narcissism as being underpinnings for any of those effects.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Harvey Keitel.

trish
03-29-2014, 09:15 PM
You're pulling my leg, Dino. But that alright, sweetie.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 09:17 PM
You're pulling my leg, Dino. But that alright, sweetie.

Wouldn't mind grabbing you by the ankles.:fuckin:

trish
03-29-2014, 09:18 PM
I usually associate narcissism with individual personalities, not groups like race. I wonder too, if it cross-racial phenomena have more to do with the culture you were raised in rather than race. Do people raised in more diverse environments have less difficulty with cross-racial confusion?

trish
03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Wouldn't mind grabbing you by the ankles.:fuckin:
Down boy, you're making me pant.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Down boy, you're making me pant.

Take them panty things off. I'm breathing fire over here.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/SmokingPot.gif

broncofan
03-29-2014, 09:32 PM
This is getting too awkward. I'm gonna step out for a bite to eat. Put a do not disturb sign on the door.:)

trish
03-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Later, bronco. Here ya go Dino, have at it. Don't mind me if I fall asleep in the afterglow. It's already past time for my afternoon espresso and nap.

fred41
03-29-2014, 09:42 PM
You can nap after an espresso?...that's amazing...I can't even nap after a diet coke.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Here ya go Dino, have at it.

Gimme some o' dat Sweet Sassy Molassy!!!

fred41
03-29-2014, 09:51 PM
..also...regardless of cross-race effect...I've stared at that derriere pic long enough in the past, where I'm at the point I can accurately pick that ass out of a line up...with an extremely high probability of success...lol.

trish
03-30-2014, 01:20 AM
You can nap after an espresso?...that's amazing...I can't even nap after a diet coke.Unfortunately yes. Often in the afternoon, I'll have a shot and settle in to catch up on reading committee reports. My eyes blur and soon I'm off in wonderland having all kinds of fun with Mr. Rabbit, the Red Queen and the Carpenter.

..also...regardless of cross-race effect...I've stared at that derriere pic long enough in the past, where I'm at the point I can accurately pick that ass out of a line up...with an extremely high probability of success...lol. How many boxes of tissue do I owe you? (Never mind, just fishing for another compliment...thank you, fred...for noticing).

fred41
03-30-2014, 02:24 AM
I always notice ;)