View Full Version : Piers Morgan interview

retroboy
02-07-2014, 07:25 AM
What's anyone's thoughts on the Piers Morgan interview with Janet Mock

First She Was A Guest, A Fight Broke Out, Then She Went Back For More - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIMekqiWRGE)

Piers Morgan Upsets Transgender Guest And That's Just The Beginning - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GRMt8MESo)

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Poor America. How did you end up with that bellend?:)

Stavros
02-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Every time I hear the name 'Piers Morgan' I reach for my nuclear weapon, and I am a pacifist!

Prospero
02-07-2014, 09:45 AM
I dislike him intensely but he rose in my estimation when he took on the US gun lobby in public.

RallyCola
02-07-2014, 09:50 AM
he "rose" before that because he parlayed "america's got talent" into his more serious show. it doesn't make sense unless he sucked a good dick.

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 09:52 AM
I dislike him intensely but he rose in my estimation when he took on the US gun lobby in public.

oooo 1 green apple, in a rotten orchard :) nah bollacks to him, bigtimebillybollacks teabagging the fat gimp live on CNN. now that would be worth watching. ha ha ha

RallyCola
02-07-2014, 10:00 AM
there is one solution. don't watch cnn and get all your relevant news from espn and the weather channel.

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 10:05 AM
there is one solution. don't watch cnn and get all your relevant news from espn and the weather channel.

i forgot he existed till i saw this thread tbh, and i just couldnt help myself and had to watch the clips :)

bluesoul
02-07-2014, 10:06 AM
i found myself agreeing with ben mankiewicz about this topic

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
i found myself agreeing with ben mankiewicz about this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIMekqiWRGE

Never heard of him. I did listen to his point, but to be fair she was on a backfoot already being 2nd interview after the direction questions took 1st time around and whatever he asked she was going to say her piece, as he said a "standard retort" like a sports coach.

I blame piers for being a tit personally :)

tsadriana
02-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Piers who?:mad:

bluesoul
02-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Never heard of him. I did listen to his point, but to be fair she was on a backfoot already being 2nd interview after the direction questions took 1st time around and whatever he asked she was going to say her piece, as he said a "standard retort" like a sports coach.

I blame piers for being a tit personally :)

he mainly works as a presenter for turner classic movies (a television channel on cable here in the united states) and part time does the tyt news. he's also a regular at many studio parties because his grandfather co-wrote citizen kane and his other grandfather was a film director around the same time.

i think his issue was this. piers asked the following question: why is the entire lgbt community mad at me?
her response was "let's focus on now. who i am now instead of who i was then"

this was in response to his opening comments and question "if i didn't know, i'd never have thought you were born a boy, which to me then means, you should always have been a girl. can you tell me about growing up as a boy?"

this is what angered most lgbt viewers and also, apparently janet didn't like.

i agreed with ben's point because you need to let the average citizen know janet. this interview isn't for you and me. we already know janet mock. we already like her. but the average everyday joe doesn't know her and (most likely) doesn't like her. piers is doing this interview for that guy.

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 10:50 AM
he mainly works as a presenter for turner classic movies (a television channel on cable here in the united states) and part time does the tyt news. he's also a regular at many studio parties because his grandfather co-wrote citizen kane and his other grandfather was a film director around the same time.

i think his issue was this. piers asked the following question: why is the entire lgbt community mad at me?
her response was "let's focus on now. who i am now instead of who i was then"

this was in response to his opening comments and question "if i didn't know, i'd never have thought you were born a boy, which to me then means, you should always have been a girl. can you tell me about growing up as a boy?"

this is what angered most lgbt viewers and also, apparently janet didn't like.

i agreed with ben's point because you need to let the average citizen know janet. this interview isn't for you and me. we already know janet mock. we already like her. but the average everyday joe doesn't know her and (most likely) doesn't like her. piers is doing this interview for that guy.

She was mad that majority of the questions fueled the stereo typical notion of deception. It sounded like that to myself, are they the questions people that are not like ourselvs need? I disagree.:)

GroobySteven
02-07-2014, 11:04 AM
I think it was very good. I liked the fact he asked her back on also and give her the ability to clarify, I can see why she was annoyed.

I'm actually a fan of Piers Morgan for his interview style and his twitter account. His GQ interviews were the best that magazine has run (especially when interviewing politicians) and I believe his direct approach has gotten a lot more out of interviewees than other hosts.
His twitter is awesome because he answers almost every detractor - and is passionate about what he believes in.

I think it's typical of the English to look down at anyone who has "made it".

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I think it was very good. I liked the fact he asked her back on also and give her the ability to clarify, I can see why she was annoyed.

I'm actually a fan of Piers Morgan for his interview style and his twitter account. His GQ interviews were the best that magazine has run (especially when interviewing politicians) and I believe his direct approach has gotten a lot more out of interviewees than other hosts.
His twitter is awesome because he answers almost every detractor - and is passionate about what he believes in.

He has made it??? I thought he "fled" to the states. My bad. :)

Who has made it in the US? The beatles, john lennon, the beckhams, russell brand.. ummm theyre all fine..:)

GroobySteven
02-07-2014, 11:12 AM
He has made it??? I thought he "fled" to the states. My bad. :)

Clearly - you have any idea of how much he's making there?

I "fled" to the states also, otherwise I'd still be living in a 3-bedroom shared house in N.Finchley.

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Clearly - you have any idea of how much he's making there?

I "fled" to the states also, otherwise I'd still be living in a 3-bedroom shared house in N.Finchley.

Yes I dont see how what you did has any relevance to Piers, thats not what i was saying, he was getting a lot of bad press not so long ago. Next minute he was in the U.S thats how it looks anyway, *cough phone hacking cough*

GroobySteven
02-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Yes I dont see how what you did has any relevance to Piers, thats not what i was saying, he was getting a lot of bad press not so long ago. Next minute he was in the U.S thats how it looks anyway, *cough phone hacking cough*

I'm not denying he's a tit and the phone hacking but his move from the UK to one of the highest viewed and most high profile television jobs in the US ... that's not running away.
Moving to the US allowed me to step out of the issues that the UK has on letting people move ahead with business and preconceptions. It's not specifically a knock at the Brits - but we LOVE to build people up only to put them down and see them fail (see every soap opera in the UK which are adored daily). This is why we love a good old moan - and probably why more art, creatives and ideas come from Brits than many other places - we just often need to implement them elsewhere.

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm not denying he's a tit and the phone hacking but his move from the UK to one of the highest viewed and most high profile television jobs in the US ... that's not running away.
Moving to the US allowed me to step out of the issues that the UK has on letting people move ahead with business and preconceptions. It's not specifically a knock at the Brits - but we LOVE to build people up only to put them down and see them fail (see every soap opera in the UK which are adored daily).

I see what your saying (even though I do not watch soaps myself). But trust me thats not why I look down on Piers, many reasons, phone hacking tops the list though.

I have never been to the U.S , i didnt realise CNN was such a big deal. Interesting anyway :)

Stavros
02-07-2014, 11:28 AM

This is the same Piers Morgan who was sacked as editor of the Daily Mirror because he approved publication of photos showing British soldiers abusing prisoners in Iraq that were phoney. Presumably the same Piers Morgan whose precise role in the phone-hacking at the Mirror emerging from the Leveson enquiry and the trial of Rebekah Brooks has yet to be clarified. No wonder he buggered off to America at the time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3716151.stm

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/nov/30/piers-morgan-phone-hacking-leveson-inquiry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25336084

bluesoul
02-07-2014, 11:29 AM
She was mad that majority of the questions fueled the stereo typical notion of deception. It sounded like that to myself, are they the questions people that are not like ourselvs need? I disagree.:)

interesting. i actually thought he did a good job. i knew janet mock from someone posting a link to her blog from this forum, but i didn't know she got her name because of her love for janet jackson and 'the velvet rope' album (plus issues addressed in the album).

if piers didn't ask those questions, i'm not sure i'd have known that. so for me, it was something i needed :)

also, at some point, i actually thought piers was impressed by her. he even said "it takes a lot of guts to write this book" which imo, is probably something a lot of people don't have and may not have transitioned because of.

bluesoul
02-07-2014, 11:34 AM

ha! me too brother. otherwise i'd be living in ashfield suffolk

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/colekill/Multicultural-Obama-handshakes.gif

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 11:48 AM
ha! me too brother. otherwise i'd be living in ashfield suffolk

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/colekill/Multicultural-Obama-handshakes.gif

Suffoks aight homie ;'-)

bluesoul
02-07-2014, 11:54 AM
you right we is sammi. you right we is

http://i.imgur.com/1r2accD.gif

Prospero
02-07-2014, 12:32 PM
LOL.... yes Stavros, that's him.

However a friend f mine, working at The Mirror under him but now at the Independent, says he was the best editor he ever worked for in terms of relations with his staff.

Stavros
02-07-2014, 03:00 PM
LOL.... yes Stavros, that's him.

However a friend f mine, working at The Mirror under him but now at the Independent, says he was the best editor he ever worked for in terms of relations with his staff.

So what? Margaret Thatcher was a considerate employer to her her staff in No 10 -neither Morgan nor Thatcher are remembered for their HR. What happens when you meet someone who judges people by the way they treat animals and discover Hitler was kind to his dogs?

SammiValentine
02-07-2014, 03:24 PM
hitler bummed dogs!!!!

Fu Manchu
02-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Piers Morgan is doing his thing in the U S of A, because in the uk, anybody with a right mind knows he's a attention seeking slime ball. Nasty

JordanNite
02-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Interview was shite, but he said nothing offensive.

surf4490
02-09-2014, 12:42 AM
So what? Margaret Thatcher was a considerate employer to her her staff in No 10 -neither Morgan nor Thatcher are remembered for their HR. What happens when you meet someone who judges people by the way they treat animals and discover Hitler was kind to his dogs?

I admire a few of the things Thatcher did .Morgan is a Toad with no redeemable qualities and should be in the dock ,with the other hack's

fivekatz
02-09-2014, 01:09 AM
All you need to know is CNN, which secretly eves Ruppert Murdoch and a good muck rucker from the UK was appealing to them.

surf4490
02-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Never mind his mother ,he so greedy n thick ,he would fuck himself over for a story :wiggle:

fivekatz
02-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Never mind his mother ,he so greedy n thick ,he would fuck himself over for a story :wiggle:That is a very ugly visual…