PDA

View Full Version : I need a Tommy's burger now!

bat1
01-29-2014, 02:23 AM
I don't need nothing from LA but my Tommy's burgers!

Dino Velvet
01-29-2014, 03:11 AM
I used to go there when I was a kid with my dad late at night and wondered why many of the customers seemed to look familiar to him. Burgers were so good it was worth going behind enemy lines.

Yeah
01-29-2014, 03:13 AM
Never had one. I have had In -n- Out Burger which are awesome.

nevada64
01-29-2014, 08:13 AM
I think Tommy's was good back in the 70's and 80's. Now I don't think much of their food. In-N-Out is far better as far as I am concerned. Provecho!

Ben in LA
01-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Brolly Hut. Few folks know about them. Tommy's and INO are still the shit though.

Too bad Hamburger Hamlet is drying up...

nevada64
01-29-2014, 08:38 AM
I agree about Hamburger Hamlet. My dad and I used to go to both the Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset Blvd. restaurants. Both are now gone... I loved their Bleu Cheeseburgers.

luvs2lick1385
01-29-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm on the east coast but when I was in CA I had In and Out Burger. Great burger BUT here in the NY area, White Castle belly bombers are the best. My record is 30 sliders in one sitting. I was a bit drunk and stoned but I won $50 on the bet. Had the runs for days and it was years before I could go back.

The Piper
01-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Sorry ignorant Brit here.....What is a slider?

SammiValentine
01-29-2014, 05:29 PM

knuckle shuffle

The Piper
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
What! 30 times.

SammiValentine
01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
what! 30 times.

rsi :)

SammiValentine
01-29-2014, 05:39 PM
those diners and stuff all look boss, like out of the shield. gotta go to america sometime :D

Dino Velvet
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Brolly Hut. Few folks know about them. Tommy's and INO are still the shit though.

Too bad Hamburger Hamlet is drying up...

I agree about Hamburger Hamlet. My dad and I used to go to both the Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset Blvd. restaurants. Both are now gone... I loved their Bleu Cheeseburgers.

Memories, you two. I used to go to the Hamburger Hamlet in Century City. Nice sit-down burger joint. They closed that one then the one off Sepulveda and National too. Are many left? What a shame for that place to go away.

My favorite burger joint is Fatburger.

Either of you guys like the burgers at Marie Callender's? I like the messy Deluxe Frisco Burgers.

RallyCola
01-29-2014, 07:45 PM
FUCK IN-n-OUT burger.

holy shit...my 2 friends from cali swore up and down that i would jizz in my pants once it touched my lips. In-n-out is so overrated. Animal style? please....fuck that. i seriously took out my cock and pissed on my friend's foot after i got back to NY and was so disappointed by in-n-out.

if you are comparing in-n-out to shit, aka wendy's or white castle, maybe it is palatable...but it is absolutely nothing special at all.

never had tommy's. maybe next month!

nevada64
01-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Dino,
The only Hamburger Hamlet that I know of is in Sherman Oaks, on Ventura Blvd. and Van Nuys Blvd.

I've never had a Marie Calendar's burger, so can't give my opinion on it.

Dino Velvet
01-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Dino,
The only Hamburger Hamlet that I know of is in Sherman Oaks, on Ventura Blvd. and Van Nuys Blvd.

Good. I'm glad at least one is around. If I find myself on the other side of the hill I might go there.

I mentioned Marie Callender's as an alternative to Hamburger Hamlet. Not the same place but still a good sit-down burger. I go to the one on National off Sawtelle.

RallyCola
01-29-2014, 08:02 PM
no one here cares for fat burger?

nevada64
01-29-2014, 08:15 PM
I like Fat Burger. Are you going to bag on that place too RallyCola?

maxpower
01-29-2014, 08:32 PM

Sliders are the mini hamburgers that are served at White Castle. I guess they're called that because they just slide down your throat. They are only about 3" square. When you eat there, it's not uncommon to see people order a half-dozen, dozen, or more at once.

The Piper
01-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks.

Ben in LA
01-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Dino,

This here. When I drove for the LACMTA on the Van Nuys line, I used to call ahead for a burger to eat when I returned to the yard. Good stuff!

Haven't had a burger at Marie's...and I'll be at a location in the near future (Lakewood, California!).

Tapatio
01-30-2014, 06:50 AM
no one here cares for fat burger?

I like FatBurger okay, but it's nothing special. Marginally better than Jn n Out, though. Fuck In n Out

I honestly feel like the big In n Out fans either grew up here, never actually had In n Out, or no longer have taste buds.

Tapatio
01-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Tommy's rocks. I also like Tomy's Burgers and Tomas' Burgers.

Dino Velvet
01-30-2014, 07:14 AM
This here. When I drove for the LACMTA on the Van Nuys line, I used to call ahead for a burger to eat when I returned to the yard. Good stuff!

Haven't had a burger at Marie's...and I'll be at a location in the near future (Lakewood, California!).

If you go to Marie Callenders, the burger I mentioned is "The Works" Frisco Burger. It's 1/2 lb meat, grilled parmesan sourdough with crisp lettuce, tomato, pickles and Sweet Gherkin Thousand Island dressing with aged American cheese, applewood smoked bacon and onion rings. I like the fries there too.

http://www.mariecallenders.com/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GsDS487VAJ4/S7owMfWnFsI/AAAAAAAAAkA/H_4LFj_vaMY/s1600/DSCN1299.JPG

TSMichelleAustin
01-30-2014, 07:42 AM
I am not fan of Fat Burger, I thought it was too expensive and not that great! In n Out ok, I prefer the fries! LOL

Also for the brit... Sliders slide right through u. First time I had one was a few hours before a flight from Chicago back to Texas... huge mistake! LOL