PDA

View Full Version : Ariel Casro Hangs Himself in Prison Cell

nysprod
09-04-2013, 11:06 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1445168.1378283835!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/missing-women-found.jpg

The man who held three women captive in his home for nearly a decade before one escaped and alerted authorities has been found dead and is believed to have committed suicide, a prison official said.

Ariel Castro, 53, was found hanging in his cell around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, located south of Columbus in central Ohio, JoEllen Smith, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman, said early Wednesday.

He was in protective custody because of the notoriety of his case, meaning he was checked every 30 minutes, but was not on suicide watch, Smith said. She said suicide watch entails constant observation.

Castro was also watched closely in Cuyahoga County Jail in the several weeks after his arrest and before his case was resolved by a guilty plea, with logs noting his activity every 10 minutes. He was taken off county jail suicide watch in early June after authorities determined he was not a suicide risk.

In an interview last month after Castro's conviction, Schlachet and attorney Craig Weintraub said their client clearly fit the profile of sociopathic disorder and that they hoped researchers would study him for clues that could be used to stop other predators.

The three women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old. They escaped from Castro's Cleveland home May 6, when Amanda Berry, one of the women, broke part of a door and yelled to neighbors for help.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1445162.1378273672!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/cleveland4n-7-copy.jpg

TSMichelleAustin
09-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Bitch move! He put those girls through years of torture but can't live alone in a cell???

Jericho
09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
One less burden on the taxpayer! :shrug

Ben in LA
09-04-2013, 12:48 PM

tiramisu
09-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Hell is his destination

Stavros
09-04-2013, 01:50 PM
The ultimate act of a control freak? Maybe once in prison himself he realised what it was he put those women through- or not.

BeardedOne
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
One wonders how much help he had getting that noose on.

my my my!
09-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Bitch move! He put those girls through years of torture but can't live alone in a cell???

Well, he WAS named after the Little Mermaid, so.....

mistab
09-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Agree with B1...probably had help if they were really checking him every 30min..

Quiet Reflections
09-04-2013, 07:44 PM
good, fuck him

the_unnatural
09-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I wish that little prick Dennis Rader would join him.

CORVETTEDUDE
09-04-2013, 09:30 PM

I would almost guarantee he had all the assistance he needed!!

ktkraft
09-04-2013, 10:08 PM
why are people glad he's dead? wouldnt it be better he be alive, in jail. then he has to sit and go crazy in his thoughts about what he's done, before he dies or is sent to hell.

LilyRox
09-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Suicide my ass. They killed that fucker and I'm glad he's dead.

Quiet Reflections
09-04-2013, 10:29 PM
why are people glad he's dead? wouldnt it be better he be alive, in jail. then he has to sit and go crazy in his thoughts about what he's done, before he dies or is sent to hell.
I don't want to waste my tax dollars on a piece of shit like him. Some say it was a pussy way out but I say killing himself was the only good thing he has ever done. And all this talk about him holding those girls for 10 years so he should have been able to deal with his sentence is just plain silly. Him living in prison is no comparison to the hell he put those girls through. His sentence was to light and he deserved to die for what he did. The only problem I have with his suicide it that someone else deserved the pleasure of killing that fucker.

Jimmy W
09-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Life plus a thousand.....so he only has a thousand years before he gets out?

pimpdog
09-05-2013, 01:10 AM
At least he didnt make them have to recount it in court.

surf4490
09-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Shit now he won't be locked in a small room being fucked by fat hairy men:dead:

pimpdog
09-05-2013, 01:23 AM
Shit now he won't be locked in a small room being fucked by fat hairy men:dead:
Your homo erotic fantasy of jail is false, he would be pc anyways, the chomo's/wierdos all hang together.

bassman2546
09-05-2013, 01:40 AM
He proved himself a coward in every way.

dderek123
09-05-2013, 01:46 AM

That was my thought too.

flabbybody
09-05-2013, 02:13 AM
why was he allowed to mercifully end his life in solitary custody? wouldn't prison justice in general pop been what he deserved? They would have kept him alive and every day he would have lived in hell

Ben
09-05-2013, 03:13 AM
why was he allowed to mercifully end his life in solitary custody? wouldn't prison justice in general pop been what he deserved? They would have kept him alive and every day he would have lived in hell

Michelle Knight actually said that in court: "I spent 11 years in hell. Now your hell is just beginning."
When I initially heard/read/saw the story, well, I became quite emotive. I wanted him dead, off the planet. I mean, I remain quite ambivalent about the death penalty... even though I'm politically on the left, as it were. But my initial response was: get this guy off the planet.
But Michelle Knight wanted him to suffer. I don't think either of the 3 women favored the death penalty.
The notion of revenge is a powerful emotion. People support the death penalty out of revenge.
I lean toward not supporting the death penalty because innocent people have been put to death. But this one was clear: he did these monstrous acts.

Jdeere562
09-05-2013, 03:32 AM
I have to respectfully disagree that his death is a good thing. Now, before someone jumps all over me, let me clarify. In my opinion, it would have been much more fitting for him to spend the rest of his life in prison, certainly suffering the loss of freedoms that entails (exactly as it did for the three women he victimized) and hopefully suffering the same sorts of indignities that his victims suffered (although that couldn't have been guaranteed, it could have been sincerely hoped for).

I feel that his death was an easy way out for him. I don't care whether it was suicide or "assisted suicide," he got off easy. Even if his incarceration cost me something in terms of taxes or whatever paid for his time in prison, it would have been more than worthwhile for me to relish his ongoing humiliation. Vindictive? You bet!! And darn well worth it. I'm sorry that he is dead because it denies me that vindictiveness.

Ben
09-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Kidnapper Ariel Castro's Prison Cell Suicide, Did Staff Look The Other Way? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hme_lvQPMA)

luv4Tgirls
09-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Wait let me go get a tissiue