PDA

View Full Version : When did you start transitioning?

Ceris893
05-05-2013, 05:50 AM
For the ladies,

At what age did you (Pick the one that came first):

Start living full time as a woman
Changed your status from male to female
Begin hormone therapy/blockers

I tried to include every possible relevant start date, feel free to use another milestone.

TS Evelyn Summers
05-05-2013, 05:57 AM
* Started HRT @ age 19 ( 2003 )

* Started Living Full Time in 2006

* Started Paperwork Change in 2010

* Done! 2012

Ceris893
05-05-2013, 06:21 AM
2 years for paperwork... I'm lucky I wasn't born in the wrong body then. Seems like a hassle for it to drag on that long. If I were a TS I would want me to legally be recognized ASAP - 2 years would drive me crazy

TempestTS
05-05-2013, 06:49 AM
started in 2003 - full time a few months later - I dont waste time, I was shot out the tranny cannon.

hormones - started black market almost right away - I dont suggest as it can be dangerous if you dont have a doctor to monitor your levels and reactions but its what I did. These days I have an Rx and visit the doc every now and then so he can keep up with his new car payments apparently.

Change of Status - I never needed a piece of paper to tell me who I was and I still dont today - Some documents have been changed others for various reasons have not - anybody that respects me knows the right terms to use - those that dont earn my contempt in rapid order.

Ceris893
05-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Change of Status - I never needed a piece of paper to tell me who I was and I still dont today - Some documents have been changed others for various reasons have not - anybody that respects me knows the right terms to use - those that dont earn my contempt in rapid order.

I can respect that - just as I don't particularly need marriage in my life for the same reason. Of course, to me whether or not I am identified as the gender I live as is a huge issue. Put it this way, I would be embarrassed if I was transsexual, didn't change my status and upon entry of a country, be it the US or Guatemala or the PRC (all countries I have been to) they raise an eyebrow at my passport bearing a male name when I am [supposed to be] obviously female.

Ms.Stepford
05-05-2013, 08:15 PM
None of y'alls business.

TSLexi
05-06-2013, 01:23 AM
started in 2003 - full time a few months later - I dont waste time, I was shot out the tranny cannon.

hormones - started black market almost right away - I dont suggest as it can be dangerous if you dont have a doctor to monitor your levels and reactions but its what I did. These days I have an Rx and visit the doc every now and then so he can keep up with his new car payments apparently.

I started in about the end of 2012. Went full-time in a few weeks. Self-medded for a month, though an endo in Cali gave me the dosage based on blood work, just didn't actually prescribe because she knew I'd be moving in a few weeks. So I had the labs faxed over to an endo here who gave me a prescription on the first appointment.

It's been six months, and I pass about 80% of the time, especially with makeup.

Still haven't changed my name and gender on paper, though...I don't need it to tell me who I am, though I will eventually. Though I should get the photo updated...I don't look like I should be selling oranges on the 405 off-ramp anymore, LOL!