PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic Con 2013

westman
03-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Did anyone get tickets to this?

Willie Escalade
03-21-2013, 11:03 AM
I've been thinking about this...would've been even better if the Dodgers were on the road...

Females+Shemales
03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I remember when Comic Con was for the people and it was fun to be at. Now, its turned into a glorified Hollywood party controlled by movie studio executives.

be2378
03-21-2013, 09:42 PM
I've always wanted to go to this, but because of the Hollywood and hype of it, with the price, not worth it.

Vladimir Putin
03-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Last year I was able to get a four-day w/preview badge. It's either walking into the crowded exhibitor floor or waiting in long lines to high-profile movie panels where you may or may not get in depending if you're able to make the line at the crack of dawn and even there you have to deal with line cutters/people in line saving spots for crowds of people who show up later. Getting up early in the morning is hard because you're still recovering from a very tiring day the day before. You have to come prepared. I came with a folding chair so I don't have to stand all day. Plus I had a backpack contaning snack bars, a power strip for my cell phone, a sharpie for autographs, Gatoraide, an antiperspirant stick, tissues, cough drops and vitamin C pills. Plus, your printed out plans for what panels to go to that day.

Also, you would be paying through the nose if you are lucky enough to book a hotel in the downtown area. I expect to have my credit card paid off by this summer from last year. If you live in San Diego, you would either have to book downtown parking at least three months in advance or park your car at a trolly station far away and take the trolly downtown.

A very tiring experience.

C. Saw
03-23-2013, 04:25 AM
I love comic books, but I've heard many unfavorable things about this event. It would have been great to attend 10-15 years ago. Comics are taking a back seat in this event, it's too crowded, and some other bad things are what you hear. It's too bad.

Cecil Rhodes
03-23-2013, 11:26 AM
I've got my ticket to Dragon-Con and have 9 rooms reserved ...... oh, I am usually let into the front of any line for something I want to attend .

westman
03-24-2013, 02:20 AM
I was able to get Comic-con tickets this year, so I'm happy. Just seeing who was going. It has become more about simple promotion for studios though, and I am not happy about that. But I did bump into a lot of celebrities when I was there. That's always fun.

Vladimir Putin
03-24-2013, 07:15 AM
I did get badges for Thursday and Sunday only.