PDA

View Full Version : Never Sent A Text Nor Taken A Picture With A Fancy Telephone

Dino Velvet
01-16-2013, 03:38 AM
Anybody else like me out there?

sukumvit boy
01-16-2013, 04:24 AM
Me neither. but I know we are the minority.
I don't own a cell phone. I don't like phones.
Remember when the cell phone was still sort of a 'status symbol'? I lost that illusion in 2004 when I walking by an area in Phuket, Thailand that would fit the description of "urban blight". There, in the middle of a dusty ,litter strewn field ,squating in the dust and dressed in rags,was a guy on his cell phone!

Dino Velvet
01-16-2013, 04:32 AM
Me neither. but I know we are the minority.
I don't own a cell phone. I don't like phones.
Remember when the cell phone was still sort of a 'status symbol'? I lost that illusion in 2004 when I walking by an area in Phuket, Thailand that would fit the description of "urban blight". There, in the middle of a dusty ,litter strewn field ,squating in the dust and dressed in rags,was a guy on his cell phone!

Awesome! We're both LA guys too!:cheers:

I have a cell phone but it's an old Samsung flip-phone. It works good because I have Verizon.

http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/04/sam_a930.jpg

Jdeere562
01-16-2013, 04:34 AM
I don't even have a cell phone, so no!

RallyCola
01-16-2013, 05:03 AM
Anybody else like me out there?

my mom but she is 72

BreeTexas
01-16-2013, 05:22 AM
I've never owned a cell phone and have no plans to get one.

Dino Velvet
01-16-2013, 05:25 AM
my mom but she is 72

Mine too. She could drive a tractor but not a car.

maxpower
01-16-2013, 07:39 AM
I don't have a cell phone, either.

runround04
01-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Holy hell! How do you guys make plans, meet with friends ect? Im usually good for 100 or so texts a day on average, easy way to keep up with people and make shit happen. I lose my mind without my phone, which is pretty damn sad.
(Sent to texts while typing this out) lol

nevada64
01-16-2013, 07:58 AM
I have a crappy Samsung too.

giovanni_hotel
01-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Never texted either.
Smart phones are just digital toys for grownups. You don't really need all that shit.

Jericho
01-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Jeez, and i thought i was a fukkin Luddite! :hide-1:

Prospero
01-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Celpones in the US work less well than in Europe, in my experience with patchy coverage etc. Plus the way they charge if you don't have a contract is ludicrous. I fill up my celphone (us one) whenever i'm there but if I leave it more than a few months the time I've bought is frozen until I buy more time. If you use a top-up phone in the Uk and put £20 on it it's there and available - for years even - if you don't use it.

And I'm also sure that the quality of photographs that can be taken on the best smart phones are so good now that for many amateur photographers they've replaced real cameras 9and helped for instance contribute to the demise of shops like the UK camera chain Jessops which collapsed last week)

RallyCola
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Celpones in the US work less well than in Europe, in my experience with patchy coverage etc. Plus the way they charge if you don't have a contract is ludicrous. I fill up my celphone (us one) whenever i'm there but if I leave it more than a few months the time I've bought is frozen until I buy more time. If you use a top-up phone in the Uk and put £20 on it it's there and available - for years even - if you don't use it.

And I'm also sure that the quality of photographs that can be taken on the best smart phones are so good now that for many amateur photographers they've replaced real cameras 9and helped for instance contribute to the demise of shops like the UK camera chain Jessops which collapsed last week)

yes, largely speaking, cell phone contracts in the US are unreasonable but for a heavy user like myself, it is just a part of life. i can't be without my phones and i can't function without a data plan so, in the very least, its a tax write off. offsetting the cost of a phone by signing a contract is meaningless to me because i'd still pay for unlimited minutes, texts and data regardless of how much i paid for my phones.

that said, recently here in the US, Tracfone's resurgent pre-paid model and rebranded Tracfone plans (straighttalk, etc) are making it more affordable than the contract model.

RallyCola
01-16-2013, 04:40 PM
one quick question....

if you have never used a camera phone, how do you send pictures of your dick to tgirls you are sexting with?

sukumvit boy
01-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Wow, I find it surprising to see that there are so many fellow Luddites out there who don't have or are content to use a low tech cell phone. Cheers!

Jdeere562
01-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Holy hell! How do you guys make plans, meet with friends ect? Im usually good for 100 or so texts a day on average, easy way to keep up with people and make shit happen. I lose my mind without my phone, which is pretty damn sad.
(Sent to texts while typing this out) lol

It's easy, do it the same way as the last 40 years. Want to meet your buddy, call on the land line before showing up at his house.
:wiggle:
I had a cell phone for maybe 2 years. 2 phone calls per month, $40 per month, I dropped it. I'm a guy and hate talking on the phone, unless it is gonna get me laid. I refuse to pay 2 phone bills, but I'm old, so to each their own.

I have cable TV too, it gets used about 1 hour per week. I could easily do without that too, it should be the next service I drop. Internet on the other hand, I'll keep. I enjoy hungangels!

MdR Dave
01-17-2013, 07:33 AM
one quick question....

if you have never used a camera phone, how do you send pictures of your dick to girls you are sexting with?

Yep.

Steve-Oh
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I have a sweet Windows phone from Dell.
It's a little computer in my pocket, man!
Especially nice at where I work because they block and track innerwebs activity.
One thing I'll never do is take or send pics of my weiner.
I'm afraid that kind of shit would come back to haunt me one day.