PDA

View Full Version : revshare experience?

4trans_only
01-01-2013, 07:57 PM
I want to try revshare programs.
(like from grooby)
Has anyone experience with this?

Thank you

Willie Escalade
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
I do. It works, but you've got to promote, promote, promote! There are LOTS of blogs out there doing the same thing; you've got to make yours stand out.

I've made some extra cash on the side, but you've got to stay on top of the game.

GroobySteven
01-02-2013, 01:03 PM
We've paid out nearly $1M to affiliates in 2012 so clearly that money is going somewhere and as a promoter/affiliate you can make money, whether it's a living or a bit pocket money depends on your ideas and how much effort you put into it. Creating just a "TS Blog" is unlikely to make you many sales. They key is getting people to the front door of your website and then presenting them with something they want to see, to encourage them to join. Our average ratio is between 1:300 and 1:550, which means for every 300-550 peope who comes to the front door of our site, only one joins - and this ratio is considered very good, other companies we deal with are frequently 1:1100 or more.

The sites that tend to work are those who are offering something more than just a handful of images. By sub-categorizing into micro-niches, and providing surfers with one place to find them, you are potentially creating something people want to see.
Yes, you could create a website for "Hot Transsexuals - My favourite girls on the interweb" - but you'd compete with almost every other blog and clearly, it would be hard to get any google or search engine traffic.
If however, you created a "Red Headed Transsexuals" blog/site - for your love of red-headed transsexuals, then although you are appealing to less people, you'd probably attract most people who are actually interested in seeing red headed transsexuals.
A further business plan for this blog would be to investigate all the solo girls websites to see who is a red-head (Wendy Williams immediately comes to mind) and then research other TS's who are natural reds (I believe Juliette Stray, Cristen Cristensen, etc.) - find out which sites these models have appeared on and create posts, links, to them.

This obviously is just an example and one blog "red headed transsexuals" is unlikely to make you much money - but if you could tailor 20-40 individual type blogs.

Review sites also do well, sites promoting specific events or locations are sought after.
Think about how you will be able to get traffic to your site. Some avenues are cut off (like this forum which wouldn't allow you to link to a promotional site), google adwords which are prohibitively expensive, etc, but twitter, facebook and many other forums are available.

GroobySteven
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
PS - just noticed you were in Bern. Is that Bern, Switzerland?
Swiss spend more per person on our websites that any other country. While I appreciate many Swiss speak great English, why isn't there websites catered to them (in French language) including places to meet them in Switzerland ... just saying!

Willie Escalade
01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Twitter works wonders, especially when the girl herself retweets the link. I made six sales on one girl's site because of that...and I had originally just posted a sample gallery!

GroobyKrissy
01-02-2013, 04:18 PM
It can most certainly be done. Lots of hard work, lots of time, and lots of commitment.

4trans_only
01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
PS - just noticed you were in Bern. Is that Bern, Switzerland?
Swiss spend more per person on our websites that any other country. While I appreciate many Swiss speak great English, why isn't there websites catered to them (in French language) including places to meet them in Switzerland ... just saying!
Hi, thank you. I just started to read the answers. Yes, it is in switzerland,
until now I tried only tumblr.com for getting revs.
I just started 1 or 2 days before. You have many good tips.

4trans_only
01-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Twitter works wonders, especially when the girl herself retweets the link. I made six sales on one girl's site because of that...and I had originally just posted a sample gallery!

Oh, good to know, I have >4000 followers already (@Kathoeylover)

I post pictures on tslover200.tumblr.com and the link is posted in twitter.

This revshare is new to me.

4trans_only
01-02-2013, 05:33 PM
The problem in switzerland is, that you cannot show cocks. So I need a internet-adress and hoster in another country.

GroobyKrissy
01-02-2013, 05:36 PM
The problem in switzerland is, that you cannot show cocks. So I need a internet-adress and hoster in another country.

Is that really true? I had no idea.

GroobyKrissy
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM

BTW: I have blogs in my network that show no overt nudity at all that do fine so there are certainly ways around that issue if true.

4trans_only
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM

BTW: I have blogs in my network that show no overt nudity at all that do fine so there are certainly ways around that issue if true.

Oh, now I see your blogs. You have a new reader :-)

GroobyKrissy
01-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Oh, now I see your blogs. You have a new reader :-)

Nice. I'm a little behind with updating due to the holidays but I'll be back on track next week. I think the Sexy Shemale Traps Blog is the one with no nudity on it at all. I used to have another one that was that way too but changed it a few months ago.

Willie Escalade
01-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Take advice from Krissy...she's the blog queen (really, you do a great job).

GroobyKrissy
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Take advice from Krissy...she's the blog queen (really, you do a great job).

Thanks Hon :)

You still need to send me a banner for your blog(s)... :) That offer is still open :)