PDA

View Full Version : Immigration equality usa - tweet bomb tuesday 11am est

terrygrooby
11-26-2012, 07:07 PM
"Friend,

As an American in a binational couple, I am so excited about the year ahead. In just a few days, the Supreme Court will decide what DOMA case(s) it will hear. And more thrilling: Immigration Equality has a plan to win — next year — for all of our families. But we can’t get there without you.

Tomorrow is Giving Tuesday, the day when people across the country will be pitching in to support their favorite nonprofits. We are so close to winning, and that’s why I’m inviting you to celebrate Giving Tuesday with the entire Immigration Equality family.

Here’s how you can join in:

You can make a special, tax-deductible gift to Immigration Equality to help us push through to the finish line.
You can tweet your support for Immigration Equality tomorrow at 11 am Eastern time. This is our first-ever twitter bomb, and you can help make it a success!
At exactly 11 am EST on Tuesday, November 27, tweet about Immigration Equality or share this message:

Join me in supporting @IEquality on #GivingTuesday: ImmigrationEquality.org/donate

Let’s celebrate all our families on Giving Tuesday!

See you tomorrow,

Meghan"

ghbryans1
11-26-2012, 07:17 PM
WTF is immigration equality?

GrimFusion
11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
It's a non-profit that seeks immigration equality for gay, lesbian, and trans immigrants.

Right now an immigrant can only be sponsored for family-based immigration if they're involved in an opposite-gender relationship. Immigration Equality wants to change that so lesbian, gay, and trans immigrants can be sponsored by same-sex spouses.

danthepoetman
11-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Thank you for the great post, Terry, and thank you kindly for the explanations, Grim!
I hope with all my heart Immigration equality usa gest to win this one. It's unconscionable not to give people the same rights because of their sexual orientation. You should have the right to love whom you want in any possible cases. This is a matter of fundamental, most basic rights and everyone should feel concerned about it.