huskerman44
10-22-2012, 09:11 PM
http://acidcow.com/pics/5982-famous-women-that-used-to-be-men-31-pics.html

Ilovetranny
10-22-2012, 09:22 PM
It's like a miracle.

Wendy Summers
10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't even know who over 1/2 of those people are...

RallyCola
10-22-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't even know who over 1/2 of those people are...

me either. does that mean i am a bad tranny chaser?

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Should we think they are not who they say they are… were… weren’t? lol

The fact is, there is obviously more and more people transitioning and succeeding "socially", I guess. And that’s nice, that’s good. I’m sure it’s inspirational to some, if not many…

yodajazz
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
I recoginzed at least 25 of the thirty. Some of them go way back to the sixties, like April Ashley.

Prospero
10-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Me too Yoda.

I also think this is an interesting rebuttal to the person who posted in another thread a couple of days ago that virtually all transgendered women work in the sex business. Hardly any of these women are in the sex business. And there are many many more - some famous, but most private - who are also leading ordinary lives arrayed across a number of roles.

On this list for instance I would single out Jan Morris - a wonderful writer - both as James and then since her transition as Jan. A travel writer, historian and author of one of the best books I've read about the issues associated with transgender - "Conundrum" published in 1974.

Another famous face missing from this is Wendy Carlos who used to be Walter Carlos - an electronic music composer of some considerable note.

Jericho
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Also missing, Fay Presto, excellent close up magician.

sophiebendable
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Nong Tum, FTW!

MsDazzler
12-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Why are they famous? I don't know who they are....

I recognize one of those ladies from another website, though... that website discussed FFS extensively and used her as an example.

yodajazz
12-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Why are they famous? I don't know who they are....

I recognize one of those ladies from another website, though... that website discussed FFS extensively and used her as an example.

It's not so much about being famous, as it is "successful". One website, uses this term exactly. The builder of that website, was an computer tech professional; were talking 70's maybe. Now past 50, she is married to a wonder ful man. And for others, being a wife and mother is not about being famous. Its one of the world's most difficult jobs. Being able to transition after becoming an attorney is a path some have followed. One person, I remember from YouTube, had their srs in the eighties, and lived a bunny in the Playboy Mansion, for a short period of time. So she may be 50 now. In this case and many others, they don't want fame so much as to be able to tell their incredible stories, and encourage others. Those are people, who become known more for their other life accomplishments, other than gender change. In the end, it ultimately goes beyond ts issues, to say that anyone can achieve their positive dreams.

alyssaluxor
12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Actually these TS girls are famous, maybe for most of you guys here they are not famous because famous for most of you are the one who are on the adult industry lol