PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: NYC Night clubs closed others under surveilance!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-01-2006, 06:09 PM
April 1, 2006 -- Seven city nightclubs were raided last night
following a nine-month undercover drug probe, police said yesterday.

Police hit the clubs at 10 p.m., just as they were starting their
Friday night parties.

Two clubs were cited for illegal activities and will remain under
constant police surveillance in the on-going investigation:

* Opaline aka Club Speed, on West 39th Street, detectives reportedly were offered sex for money and recorded illegal drug use.

* and Steel Gym, on East 23rd Street undercovers reported buying the drug crystal meth.

The Five Chelsea clubs that were completely shut down are:

* Club Deep, where undercover cops allegedly purchased marijuana,
cocaine and ecstasy.

* View, where undercovers said they bought cocaine and ecstasy.

* Splash, where undercovers allegedly bought thousands of dollars
worth of cocaine.

* Spirit, where cops said they witnessed assaults, including a
stabbing; alcohol being served to minors, as well as drug use and sales.

* Avalon, where cops reported buying ecstasy.

Opaline remains under police scrutiny; Splash, Spirit closed

Police are currently investigating prostitution as well as drug
trafficking and usage at these establishments. "We visited these
clubs in the past," said a police source. "It's not the first time
we've seen this kind of activity."
__________________________________________________ ___

Some news a friend forwarded to my inbox. Has anyone heard of these incidents lastnight?

~Kisses.

HTG

Trogdor
04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Can't party anywhere without a pig nearby keeping an eye on you. :roll:

AllanahStarrNYC
04-01-2006, 07:12 PM
this happens in nyc one in a while-
big club crack downs

apparently, i have heard rumors the new cabaret sergeant hates night clubs

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-01-2006, 07:36 PM
You know it Girl! Thats bad enough. Those NYPD guys are always sniffing at clubs and watching them closely like vultures :roll: (As IF theyre issuing parking tickets. I heard the got a quota a month for that). LOL

TS parties included in the surveilance cos they are known for alot of hustling working tgirls in there (not to mention people dealing drugs and bringing it to the club looking for buyers). And its vicinities immidiately turns into a sleasy sex alley/motels for quickies. LOL.

That might have sounded bad but its true tho. A bad mistake done by one or two trannie/admirer party goers, the rest suffers (i.e. club owners, party promoters etc). This is the reason why most TG clubs in Manhattan are now closed and near extinction. "Some" patrons are just out of control *most of the times. So now our community has even lesser places to go and hang out because of them. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

AllanahStarrNYC
04-01-2006, 07:57 PM
ok- i think ther eis a mistake here- you are thinking that opaline only host our parties

well in the defense of my parties

we run a very proactive atmosphere- with security and policies

opaline has 10-12 other parties WEEKLY at that same venue- which is huge.
Opaline is a four floor space- it hosts gay parties, lesbian parties, hip hop parties, , and many other events.

i have no idea if the restraining order administered at this moment even has anything to do with our party in general

Trogdor
04-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Yes, Harajuku, law enforcement has quotas for tickets and arrests that they have to fill......law enforcement is not about law, order and justice......it's just another business making money. They do all these "crackdowns" just to make themselves appear to look good :P

Anyhow, one can only imagine what's gonna happen to Detroit's places....as few of them as they are already.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-01-2006, 09:48 PM
No Allanah. I wasnt referring to your your weekly parties but was actually referring to both straight and GLBT clubs in general (Some of which they already closed..The club I used to work at being one of them) that they seem to keep their eyes on.

And we all know this is only temporary and will boil over. I think some peeps at the NYPD are just bored and are looking for things to do..citations, recommendations or medals to add to their resume.

~Kisses.

HTG

Trogdor
04-01-2006, 09:51 PM
No Allanah. I wasnt referring to your your weekly parties but was actually referring to both straight and GLBT clubs in general (Some of which they already closed..The club I used to work at being one of them) that they seem to keep their eyes on.

And we all know this is only temporary and will boil over. I think some peeps at the NYPD are just bored and are looking for things to do..citations, recommendations or medals to add to their resume.

~Kisses.

HTG

Escpecially with the mayer probably trying to make himself look like a hero for all those right-wing crackpots. :roll:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Allanah's parties were never mentioned. The club was (Speed at the Opaline) and the supposed RAID happened lastnight. I was just saying what I said as a fact, since I used to party and hop club to club (Thursdays to Saturdays) not too long ago when I moved here from MN. You know how people get "just in awe" when they get to the big cities. LOL. And thats what Ive seen in and out of the tg clubs and even at straight clubs such as the old limelight (Now Avalon), tunnel, twilo (people being stacked in the back room for being high on drugs that eventually gotten closed down when someone was found dead *Overdosed* at a rave party) etc.

Here is the actual link for said News at the New York Post:(remember the ones Ive attached initially here was an email that was sent to me by a friend who frequents these night spots. So Im not sure where he got the story from). But I did a search and found this article. Should be pretty accurate. Just thought its something the community as awhole would be interested to know and be aware of than being caught in the middle of a bust.

https://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/66307.htm

Escpecially with the mayer probably trying to make himself look like a hero for all those right-wing crackpots. :roll:

Not sure Trogdor..Hmm I thought Bloomberg just got re-elected not too long ago? Well how many times can he be re-elected? Dang it! :lol: LOL. My *guess is that inside NYPD someone or maybe a few people are going after a promotion, a certain position or something. LOL. Maybe even a bid for a political career in a few years? LOL Thats thee only logical explaination for such crackdown on night clubs.

~Kisses.

HTG