PDA

View Full Version : Pedestrian Sidewalk Etiquette

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 12:12 AM
If you get to a corner with a light, is it rude to walk up and press the button if someone is standing right next to it? I feel like I'm telling him/her he's/she's an idiot. But when I don't press it, sometimes he/she didn't too and all we get is the "DON'T WALK" and it's not even flashing and I make a mad dash across Olympic Bl.

Also, why is it people can't figure out they need to go single-file and to the right when someone is approaching from the opposite direction? Got a 7-10 split on a couple 7/11 workers the other day on Westwood Bl when they wouldn't yield. Eat shit.

Sulka_bewitched_me
08-13-2012, 12:20 AM
I find alot of people meander through life these days. Must be nice to be a blithering idiot and have everybody else do your thinking for you.

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 12:23 AM
I find alot of people meander through life these days. Must be nice to be a blithering idiot and have everybody else do your thinking for you.

True. Half the time they're staring at their telephones.

BeardedOne
08-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Newark, Delawhere recently placed "LOOK UP!" signs on the wheelchair ramps at crosswalks in an attempt to get texters to stop walking in front of traffic. I saw a girl step over one of those signs and fall on the hood of a car that was moving past the corner. So much for the safety signs. So much for literacy and intelligence.

Sulka_bewitched_me
08-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Newark, Delawhere recently placed "LOOK UP!" signs on the wheelchair ramps at crosswalks in an attempt to get texters to stop walking in front of traffic. I saw a girl step over one of those signs and fall on the hood of a car that was moving past the corner. So much for the safety signs. So much for literacy and intelligence.
Literacy is slowly dying now with young children & teens abbreviating the English language more and more. Thank you texting and social apps like Twitter (where you have to say your piece in 140 characters or less) for bastardizing the English language!

95racer
08-13-2012, 03:35 AM
While jogging or bike riding I have to give warnings/ heads-up frequently. Others listening to headphones and texting. There's a combo! Accident waiting to happen.

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 03:42 AM
While jogging or bike riding I have to give warnings/ heads-up frequently. Others listening to headphones and texting. There's a combo! Accident waiting to happen.

I apologize. I'm the headphone guy.

Willie Escalade
08-13-2012, 05:26 AM
That's hilarious