PDA

View Full Version : Is It Important To Know How To Cook?

Dino Velvet
07-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Heck yeah, it is. Eating out every day sometimes more than once will make you broke. Get to know your way around a grocery store. Take cooking in baby steps not doing what you're not ready for yet. Make something simple you like and you'll gain a feeling of accomplishment as well. Some of the Food Network shows aren't very intimidating so watch those. I like the guy with the crazy blonde hair and the black Southern gal that was in the Air Force. Easy food to make and plenty of it that tastes good.

NJfan
07-28-2012, 02:49 AM
Eating out every day sometimes more than once will make you broke.

You must be doing it wrong. Most girls tell me to eat out more than once a day. ;)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm6vwbsjvO1qfbxavo1_500.jpg

Dino Velvet
07-28-2012, 02:51 AM
You must be doing it wrong. Most girls tell me to eat out more than once a day. ;)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm6vwbsjvO1qfbxavo1_500.jpg

Gotta point there. If I do that then we go to Burger King, she's paying.

NJfan
07-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Gotta point there. If I do that then we go to Burger King, she's paying.
Still must be doing it wrong... if she can walk afterwards, you need to keep going. :) :pumped:

Quiet Reflections
07-28-2012, 03:02 AM
It is for me because I don't like people using my kitchen

Dino Velvet
07-28-2012, 03:10 AM
It is for me because I don't like people using my kitchen

I'm territorial in there too.

Erika1487
07-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Heck yeah, it is. Eating out every day sometimes more than once will make you broke. Get to know your way around a grocery store. Take cooking in baby steps not doing what you're not ready for yet. Make something simple you like and you'll gain a feeling of accomplishment as well. Some of the Food Network shows aren't very intimidating so watch those. I like the guy with the crazy blonde hair and the black Southern gal that was in the Air Force. Easy food to make and plenty of it that tastes good. I actually love too cook! My specialty is breakfast and texas style bbq.

NJfan
07-28-2012, 04:13 AM
I actually love too cook! My specialty is breakfast and texas style bbq.

Erika, totally going to marry you now if you can make waffles.

http://www.macromemeless.com/cat/hockey-waffle.gif

Erika1487
07-28-2012, 04:38 AM
Erika, totally going to marry you now if you can make waffles.

http://www.macromemeless.com/cat/hockey-waffle.gif
I make a damn good blue berry waffles! I also like fixing homemade biscuts & sausage gravy!

Dino Velvet
07-28-2012, 04:44 AM
Suddenly I envision 2 people making sweet tender buttsex in a bathtub full of biscuits and gravy. That movie will make it to Westwood for sure. Hope that was a burnt sausage.

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/forum/images/uploaded/201203052138194f5586abdaf81.jpg

Erika1487
07-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Suddenly I envision 2 people making sweet tender buttsex in a bathtub full of biscuits and gravy. That movie will make it to Westwood for sure. Hope that was a burnt sausage.

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/forum/images/uploaded/201203052138194f5586abdaf81.jpg
That sausage was browned long before it made gravy ;)

Dino Velvet
07-28-2012, 05:19 AM
That sausage was browned long before it made gravy ;)

I'm sure you spackled a generous coat on it.

http://www.thewalkmagazine.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Chocolate-Banana-with-Nuts.jpg

youngblood61
07-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes!:)

loren
07-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Is it important to know how to cook?

No, that's my job.:kiss:

buttslinger
07-29-2012, 12:11 PM
The Salad Dressing expiration dates in my Refrigerator are pre=Millenium.

Prospero
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Texas style barbeque... now is that food or is it something entirely different?

Cooking... absolutely....

Erika1487
07-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Texas style barbeque... now is that food or is it something entirely different?

Cooking... absolutely....
My friend I could grill up some prime beef ribs that would make you a believer! Btw that photo is only a two person serving :rock2

rodinuk
07-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes it is and the earlier the better but especially before you leave home.

Jamie Oliver's 30-minute meal cooking programmes were quite good but Keith Floyd's cooking programmes were par excellence he was a real bon viveur

Wendy Summers
07-29-2012, 03:12 PM
I like to cook:

Wendy Summers: Tranny in the Kitchen Cooking Stir Fry.mp4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S271EIsykQ8&feature=plcp)

If I had a kitchen to work in which was conducive to shooting videos I would shoot cooking videos.

trish
07-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I love grits in the morning...and not those damn instant grits...I make the twenty minute grits that Cousin Vinny and the whole grit eating world loves to eat.

Dino Velvet
07-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I love grits in the morning...and not those damn instant grits...I make the twenty minute grits that Cousin Vinny and the whole grit eating world loves to eat.

I used to love Garlic Cheese Grits when I lived in Texas.

Learned how to make some good Tex-Mex breakfasts. I make a mean round of breakfast tacos with warm soft corn tortillas, chorizo, eggs, cheddar cheese, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, and with plenty of Pico de gallo on top.

MHarrigan82
07-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I like to cook:

Wendy Summers: Tranny in the Kitchen Cooking Stir Fry.mp4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S271EIsykQ8&feature=plcp)

If I had a kitchen to work in which was conducive to shooting videos I would shoot cooking videos.

Wendy will you marry me. Wow a woman that loves to cook and love sci-fi movies a perfect match.

TsJizelle
07-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I like to cook:

very cool video hun!! I am also gluten intolerant and understand the challenges of being able to find alternatives without spending all day in the kitchen making it from scratch.

It's scary to actually take the few moments to read through the ingredients on packaged products (ie condiments, soups/broths, frozen vegetables) and see how many contain unnecessary gluten additives. I live pretty much off of brown rice (both rice and pasta) and veggies right now.

not to say I definitely don't cheat and order me some take out that I regret the next morning, but it's scary to see how many people are developing negative reactions to gluten. they have entire gluten free isles in our commercial groceries here in Toronto. I have found more gluten free products in those stores than I have in specialty organic markets. most vegetarian/vegan/organic products oddly enough contain wheat...... makes me think just how good they really are! lol

ChaseCashNY
07-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Yea if you like to eat!! I go to the gym and :pumped: so I have to know how to feed my body!!

Dino Velvet
07-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Yea if you like to eat!! I go to the gym and :pumped: so I have to know how to feed my body!!

Control what you do to your body and what and how much you put back into your system. I always make sure there's something like cooked chicken breast on the back of the stove as I'm a late night scavenger. Better than cookies or chips.

buttslinger
07-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Man, I know my life lacks intimacy when I get off on a cooking video!! I love cumin too, Wendy!!!

I hate how I feel on a proper diet, too much work, but 5 minute oatmeal with apple juice instead of milk or water really is great as a satisfying breakfast. A dollop of sinful peanut butter, and fuhgettaboutit.

Dino Velvet
07-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Man, I know my life lacks intimacy when I get off on a cooking video!! I love cumin too, Wendy!!!

I hate how I feel on a proper diet, too much work, but 5 minute oatmeal with apple juice instead of milk or water really is great as a satisfying breakfast. A dollop of sinful peanut butter, and fuhgettaboutit.

Had to drop weight one time and ate Shredded Wheat w/Apple Juice every day for breakfast. Made weight but the process was tortuous. Didn't have a drop of alcohol or even coffee for 10 months. So little carbs in that diet that I'd practically be hallucinating by 9PM. No drugs. Robot Mode.

yosi
07-30-2012, 11:55 AM
why Is It Important To Know How To Cook?

1. you know exactly what and how your food is made of.
2. if you HAVE TO eat everyday , your food should taste as YOU like it.
3. you enjoy your food much more.

aren't these good reasons? :dancing:

danthepoetman
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
The question is often rather “What’s cooking?” or “Who’s cooking?” We live in a world where you should always know where you put your feet into not to suddenly find yourself in a load of troubles... Just saying...

But personally yes, I love cooking. Especially like to cook Italian food with wine, or either much of anything (even cake) with well flavoured whisky… Have any of you tried a seafood pasta sauce perfumed with a 16 years old Lagavulin, for instance, or a Bowmore cask strength? Brownies flavoured with a cask strength Aberlour A’bunadh? A charcoal steak marinated in a mixture with a 10 years old Talisker?

Wendy Summers
07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Wendy will you marry me. Wow a woman that loves to cook and love sci-fi movies a perfect match.

I also can do light home eletrical work ;)

very cool video hun!! I am also gluten intolerant and understand the challenges of being able to find alternatives without spending all day in the kitchen making it from scratch.

It's scary to actually take the few moments to read through the ingredients on packaged products (ie condiments, soups/broths, frozen vegetables) and see how many contain unnecessary gluten additives. I live pretty much off of brown rice (both rice and pasta) and veggies right now.

not to say I definitely don't cheat and order me some take out that I regret the next morning, but it's scary to see how many people are developing negative reactions to gluten. they have entire gluten free isles in our commercial groceries here in Toronto. I have found more gluten free products in those stores than I have in specialty organic markets. most vegetarian/vegan/organic products oddly enough contain wheat...... makes me think just how good they really are! lol

Realizing I was celiac really opened my eyes to the bizarre things they put in our food... like you I've mostly cut prepared foods out of my diet. I think the biggest headache is eating out - very few choices at restaurants.

LibertyHarkness
07-30-2012, 01:51 PM
all girls should know how to cook, they are a failure in home care if they cant .. and a great tip want to keep hold of a man :) learn to cook :)

i love cooking :)

GroobySteven
07-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Yep.
I can pretty much cook/make anything. From Thai to Italian. Chinese to French. Sushi, a great English breakfast, killer steak.

Currently enjoying Kimchi Quesadilla which I stole the idea from the Goji truck in LA.

I like food as authentic as possible and to know exactly where the meat and ingredients come from.

LibertyHarkness
07-30-2012, 03:25 PM
see steven i knew you was a female to male Transsexual :)

Prospero
07-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Liberty certainly knows how to cook eggs.

Prospero
07-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh and I love to cook. Made paella at the weekend with prawn, squid, chicken and saffron . Tomorrow - slow roasted lamb with dates and couscous with orange water.

Jericho
07-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Damn right it's important to know how to cook...Unless you want to live on burnt beans! :shrug

Dino Velvet
07-30-2012, 05:18 PM
all girls should know how to cook, they are a failure in home care if they cant .. and a great tip want to keep hold of a man :) learn to cook :)

i love cooking :)

Tell the American women then. To be honest the reason I started this thread is so I could get something to eat and find one to throw in the kitchen to wait on me hand and foot.

Liberty certainly knows how to cook eggs.

Eggs is British for prostate, yes?

Jericho
07-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Eggs is British for prostate, yes?

Nah, yer eggs is yer nuts...don't want to be cracking those bad boys!

Dino Velvet
07-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Nah, yer eggs is yer nuts...don't want to be cracking those bad boys!

Our friend's yolk sure got busted in her flat.

http://www.justataste.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Broken-Yolk_580.jpg

Jericho
07-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Our friend's yolk sure got busted in her flat.

That's we call him oddball, but we're only yolking! :shrug

Dino Velvet
07-30-2012, 06:07 PM
That's we call him oddball, but we're only yolking! :shrug

Good one.:party:

danthepoetman
08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Yum yum!

maxpower
08-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Yum yum!

Is the third one a picture of vichyssoise?

EvonRose
08-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Fuck that! I'm a modern woman, I work, I'm busy, I'm tired.... I tell my husband to order.... lol

Dino Velvet
08-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Yum yum!

You make stuff like that, Dan? Tonight I'm having 4 pork chops and a second degree burn from the splashing grease.

danthepoetman
08-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Let me see now: the third one is an English potatoes puree, the fourth one an apple savoury pie, the second one is an English omelette with broccoli and potatoes, and I’m not absolutely certain the first one should be called anything… I haven’t tried making any of these yet, but if I was, I’m not sure I’d try myself at eating it. I just felt there was a certain aesthetic to them…
You’re right, Max, I think the third one is a Vichyssoise in french. That one I’ve had once when I was little. Never again…

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 12:21 AM
I never had good Vichyssoise but I'd try it.

I'm more or less a fry cook. Working on making soups and stews. Good with American and Mexican but hopefully improving in Italian. I'm not good with anything delicate and I'm no baker for sure. Used to have a Swiss Bakery by my house that was incredible. Can't tell you how much I miss it.

danthepoetman
08-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Love pastries! But Dino, the Vichyssoise: don’t even dare to try! I wouldn’t whish that one on anybody, believe me.
I’m like you, it’s sauté for me. Italian with red wine is just fabulous…

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Love pastries! But Dino, the Vichyssoise: don’t even dare to try! I wouldn’t whish that one on anybody, believe me.
I’m like you, it’s sauté for me. Italian with red wine is just fabulous…

Maybe I take your word for it then and stick with American, Mexican, and Italian. I don't even think of trying Asian cooking yet. Heard a guy from Peru on the radio who mentioned how the emigration of Japanese and Chinese has changed their food. Really made me want to try some of the hybrid Latin/Asian cuisine.

Baileyluv
08-13-2012, 01:18 AM

a couple of things i do really well, build things in the world and in the kitchen

EvonRose
08-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Maybe I take your word for it then and stick with American, Mexican, and Italian. I don't even think of trying Asian cooking yet. Heard a guy from Peru on the radio who mentioned how the emigration of Japanese and Chinese has changed their food. Really made me want to try some of the hybrid Latin/Asian cuisine.

Then try Fillipino food... its a mixture of Latin and Asian cuisine...

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 03:57 AM

I went out to a place in Glendale that had great Filipino Fried Chicken. I like it and plan on returning. Thanks for the tip. I'm actually trying to get into all the Asian Food from the different countries. Very familiar with Japanese and Chinese. OK with Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese. Wanna learn and eat more Filipino, Indonesian, and Indian.

tsadriana
08-13-2012, 04:01 AM
How about some salade?:salad:salad:salad:mad:

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 04:05 AM
How about some salade?:salad:salad:salad:mad:

You sit and I'll toss.:salad

Nice avatar. Thanks.

danthepoetman
08-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Salads alone are nice for women like you, Adriana, but for a guy with a tiny bit of a built, it has to be only a side dish…
I’d dye on salad alone…

Helvis2012
08-13-2012, 04:11 AM
I think so. Eating out everyday is not only expensive but usually unhealthy too.

Helvis2012
08-13-2012, 04:12 AM

Adobo!!!!!

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Salads alone are nice for women like you, Adriana, but for a guy with a tiny bit of a built, it has to be only a side dish…
I’d dye on salad alone…

Her starfish blooms into a fine Brown Eye-Talian funhole.

danthepoetman
08-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Much rather eating “in” and serving big meat…

Dino Velvet
08-13-2012, 04:16 AM
I got a table for one reserved in about a half hour where I have a meeting with the Rosy Palms.:jerkoff

danthepoetman
08-13-2012, 04:23 AM
In solitude, nothing is as good for the soul…

EvonRose
08-13-2012, 05:23 AM
I went out to a place in Glendale that had great Filipino Fried Chicken. I like it and plan on returning. Thanks for the tip. I'm actually trying to get into all the Asian Food from the different countries. Very familiar with Japanese and Chinese. OK with Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese. Wanna learn and eat more Filipino, Indonesian, and Indian.

Come to one of my family gatherings My aunties and grandma would fatten you up.

Lots of fillipino food!