PDA

View Full Version : Bia

ptyseminole
03-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, another hot ladyboy. Question: what are they putting on the water down in Thailand? I mean, it's almost displacing Brazil as the No. 1 producer of shemales in the world!

Ecstatic
03-13-2006, 09:46 PM
As a percentage of the population, I think Thailand does surpass Brazil, and every other nation as well. It's estimated that there are over 300,000 TS in Thailand (that's about 1 in 180 Thai).

Bia is stunning, isn't she?

David J.
03-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Sadly, I think its just a matter of finance. Those are poor countries with no jobs, but sex ALWAYS sells. If you are a male where there are no jobs, you steal/rob. If you are a female, you can always fuck for what little money is available. Add in "rich" american and european guys on sex tours, and the result are menwho go "gay for pay." For the asians/thai, alot don't even bother to get implants. In Brazil, plastic surgery is just more available I think, they get implants put in and taken out like changing the tires on a car.

In those countries, life is just a little easier if you are willing to fuck and/or get fucked for money. It seems to me to just be a business decision. I'm curious about the actual percentage that go all-the-way(complete SRS), I'd guess its probably about the same for all countries.

Ecstatic
03-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Thailand has a long and ancient history of accepting transgenders in their society, far more so than most other cultures anywhere on the planet. While I'm sure there may be a percentage who are "gay for pay," there is a very substantial ts population in Thailand.

The term transgender is rarely used in Thailand; instead, the term is kathoey, which originally referred to hermaphrodites. The Thai themselves use several variations, including kathoey phom yao (long-haired kathoey) and kathoey tee sai suer pha phooying (kathoey dressing as a woman): in informal English, 'ladyboy' and 'ladyman,' which denote female gender identity.

Historically (up to the beginning of the last century), it was common belief in Thailand that there were originally three or even four sexes (male, female, kathoey, the later covering both hermaphrodites (intersexed) and males exhibiting strong female gender idenitity traits). Kathoey held an honored place in society, although their nature was explained through karma as punishment for misdeeds in a past life (the culture being very heavily Theravada Buddhist). However, in today's society, that tolerance is tempered by a degree of prejudice, making it difficult for kathoey, even with university degrees, to obtain professional jobs or jobs in government. Some, with creative talent, achieve success in fashion, music and media; others perform in costume and dance caberets; many work in small or family-owned businesses or in service jobs as hairdressers, waitresses, and the like. And, of course, many turn to the sex trade (which is of course booming in Thailand) until their looks fade.

Interestingly, there isn't the stigma one might expect attributed to them as in other countries, but it is a limiting profession to say the least. But my point is that it's more likely that being kathoey leads to working in the sex trade than the other way around: there are better ways for Thai men to get ahead than by pretending to be women for sex pay.