PDA

View Full Version : Happy Canada Day Weekend to the Canadians

MrsKellyPierce
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
In case I am not here Happy 4th of July....

Question does the Queen give a speech on Canada Day?

Kevin Dong
06-30-2012, 04:25 PM
On behalf of all Canadians - Thanks Kelly! No the queen does not give a speech. The Prime Minister might!

runningdownthatdream
06-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Thanks for thinking of us Kelly. It also happens to be Gay Pride weekend in Toronto so the city will be partying non-stop - except for the thousands that have fled to their cottages up north.

MrsKellyPierce
06-30-2012, 06:16 PM
haha awesome I so want to visit Canada..I want to go to where Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea was filmed.

Is Prince Edward Island a real place??

Helen41
06-30-2012, 06:54 PM
In fact, Kelly, the TV shows were filmed in Ontario, just outside Toronto, but PEI is indeed a real (and magical) place.

Ben
06-30-2012, 07:42 PM
haha awesome I so want to visit Canada..I want to go to where Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea was filmed.

Is Prince Edward Island a real place??

Aerial Tour of Prince Edward Island - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvTdBI8RzfE)

flabbybody
06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for thinking of us Kelly. It also happens to be Gay Pride weekend in Toronto so the city will be partying non-stop - except for the thousands that have fled to their cottages up north.
and hugely wealthy Canadians have apartments in Manhattan

MrsKellyPierce
06-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Aerial Tour of Prince Edward Island - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvTdBI8RzfE)

That is gorgeous!! I love the light house!

cockgobbler
07-01-2012, 05:41 PM
In case I am not here Happy 4th of July....

Question does the Queen give a speech on Canada Day?

The Govervor General, our official head of state who is the Queens representitive in Canada will give a Canada Day speech.

Usually, that speech includes some kind of short statement from the Queen.

It's kind of funny when you think Canada is pretty much the only country in the world that gained it's independance by asking nicely for it.