PDA

View Full Version : Hung Angels Karaoke.

GrimFusion
06-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I've been kicking around the idea of doing some kind of Karaoke thread in HA. I don't know if that's been done before or if people around here are even willing to participate. I don't want to bother if I'm going to be the only person submitting anything. That would be a little embarrassing.

I'm not necessarily talking about a competition like American Idol. It's not out of the question, but I think it'd be a lot chiller if there weren't any judges. I don't mind the critique personally, but I'd assume others might and that alone could keep people from submitting new songs. If that's not a hangup or you'd prefer a competition, say something.

I know recording software might be an issue. Titles like Audacity and Audition have a learning curve, and the sound recording software built into Windows kinda blows goats for quarters, so if you haven't done anything like this before, it can be a little daunting. I'm pretty sure I can find an easy alternative, though. If not, I could always program something up real quick.

I'm just testing reaction. Like I said, I don't even want to bother with this if it's just going to fall off the second page of forum posts without replies.

BellaBellucci
06-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Maybe.

~BB~

Dino Velvet
06-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Like to see a few gals singing in the shower all naked and stuff.

JenniferParisHusband
06-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Is this going to end up like a normal karaoke evening, with two Asian ladies getting into a fist-fight over who gets to sing Frank Sinatra's My way? Because honestly, that's what I'm used to.

GrimFusion
06-13-2012, 09:44 PM

I'd vote for that over lame-ass karaoke, too.

Is this going to end up like a normal karaoke evening, with two Asian ladies getting into a fist-fight over who gets to sing Frank Sinatra's My way? Because honestly, that's what I'm used to.
If it turns into a competition, probably. That's kinda why I don't want to make it one.

Cecil Rhodes
06-13-2012, 10:54 PM
This is bad .... Bad in deed ..... Trust me . If you don't believe me the go to IddiNiks page at youtube and watch/listen to the videos .

Wendy Summers
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM

Had you said this last night I could have filmed Kelly Clare and Victoria Veil doing this last night. I sang the theme to Rawhide for them. Only fair they return the favor.

I could ask Acadia Veneer to do so when she drops by next week.

GrimFusion
06-13-2012, 11:08 PM
This is bad .... Bad in deed ..... Trust me . If you don't believe me the go to IddiNiks page at youtube and watch/listen to the videos .

You're one of those people who cringes every time somebody hits a sour note, eh? I used to, but realized that if I ever sung, it'd turn me into a hypocrite; and that would suck because singing is a stress relief to me.

I'd agree that "internet karaoke" kinda takes all the piss out of real karaoke. You have to be sober enough to operate a computer and most of the people watching aren't drunk enough to get into it. That's why I'm askin' around.

+1 for "Oh, hells nah; dog!".
+1 for "Meh... perhaps".

AcadiaVeneer
06-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Lol this sounds fun :)

Had you said this last night I could have filmed Kelly Clare and Victoria Veil doing this last night. I sang the theme to Rawhide for them. Only fair they return the favor.

Cecil Rhodes
06-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Lol this sounds fun :)

rawhide is a song reserved for me on one of my friend's karioke business .

BellaBellucci
06-14-2012, 06:49 PM

Did your performance come complete with chicken wire?

~BB~

Wendy Summers
06-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Did your performance come complete with chicken wire?

~BB~

Lolz. No. Although Kelly's jaw hit the ground hen she heard me hit the low notes... :dancing:

Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen - Princess Vespa - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo8L56Sa7I)

BellaBellucci
06-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Lolz. No. Although Kelly's jaw hit the ground hen she heard me hit the low notes... :dancing:

Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen - Princess Vespa - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo8L56Sa7I)

I can relate. I used to be a bass baritone. I can't sing that low anymore, though. :lol:

~BB~