PDA

View Full Version : UK and shy, just saying "hi"

xerix
04-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Been a member for a while now; spent most of that time just reading threads. I've been to shy to post anything but I figured there's not much point being a member of a discussion board if you don't post so I decided to muster up the courage to make my first post and just say "hi".

I'm a "straight" guy (married) from the UK who has an appreciation for ladies with that extra something. My wife knows about my "interest" and is pretty cool (she's pretty cool all round... I love my wife :) ). I'm not the kind of guy who is going to mess around so my "interest" is likely to remain just that but I figure there is no harm in popping my head around the corner now and again to see what's happening.

Anyway, I just thought I'd break the ice... you never know if you don't all scare me off I might post again :)

All the best.

-Xerix.

LibertyHarkness
04-18-2012, 03:51 PM
hi xerix :)

welcome to HA and enjoy it ... nice to see your in a honest marriage and can just enjoy the look but not touch aspect of it :)

Libby x

xerix
04-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow! I can't believe my very first reply is from Liberty Harkness (I'm not worthy!).

Thank you for your kind words :)

Hey, I have a question for you. On a youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liEYmRUaxq8) I saw of you recently you are playing a tune in the background and you decide to turn it down. You go on to mention it's a "quality" tune and a "kick-arse" movie. I've been trying to figure out the movie and I think it's "Sunshine" by Danny Boyle. Can you put me out of my misery and tell me if I'm right and if not what it actually is please?

Oh, and yes -- loving the red hair x

Heh. Thanks :)

Wendy Summers
04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Welcome to Hung Angels -- Hope You Survive the Experience. :geek:

xerix
04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Wendy. Let's hope I do :)

SammiValentine
04-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow! I can't believe my very first reply is from Liberty Harkness (I'm not worthy!).

Thank you for your kind words :)

Hey, I have a question for you. On a youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liEYmRUaxq8) I saw of you recently you are playing a tune in the background and you decide to turn it down. You go on to mention it's a "quality" tune and a "kick-arse" movie. I've been trying to figure out the movie and I think it's "Sunshine" by Danny Boyle. Can you put me out of my misery and tell me if I'm right and if not what it actually is please?

Oh, and yes -- loving the red hair x

Heh. Thanks :)

probably....... sunshine (adagio in D minor) by john murphy there is also a version on the "kick ass" movie score, slightly more upbeat and mixeds with something else... its quaaalittyyyy

we both love them both .. :D

john murphy is a scouser of course :D

LibertyHarkness
04-18-2012, 04:28 PM
sammi is correct xxx

xerix
04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Sammy. Thanks for clearing that up. John Murphy is a fab composer. I especially like "In the house, in a heart beat". Seems him and Danny Boyle do great things together :)

Prospero
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi Xerix. Welcome to the board and as the ladies have already said - enjoy yourself.

xerix
04-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Hi Prospero, thanks for the welcome :cheers:

robertlouis
04-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Further welcome from the East Anglian branch.

Have fun and prepare to be amazed at the bitching that goes on.

Jericho
04-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Have fun and prepare to be amazed at the bitching that goes on.

And that's just from the male members! :shrug

xerix
04-19-2012, 05:56 PM
robertlouis / Jericho,

Thanks for saying "hi" :)