PDA

View Full Version : Boo Canada:Transgender beauty queen kicked out of Miss Universe.

kukm4
03-25-2012, 01:45 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119786/Booted-born-boy-Transgender-beauty-queen-Jenna-Talackova-kicked-Miss-Universe-Canada-pageant.html

"A beauty pageant has booted a contestant out the competition after discovering the buxom blonde was born a boy. The Miss Universe Canada organizers threw out Jenna Talackova when they found out she had undergone surgery to become a woman. ..."

Jackal
03-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Seems so cruel and discriminating against Talackova, I'm sorry to hear this :(

SammiValentine
03-25-2012, 02:31 AM
great portrayl of brits in the comments.

ho hum

icarus2112
03-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Wow she is really beautiful, and has already won quite a few pageants just to make it that far. About once a month I am in Vancouver and I am always impressed with how hot the average woman is compared to Seattle.

robertlouis
03-25-2012, 04:53 AM

ho hum

Come on Sammi, it's the Daily Hell, after all - the same newspaper, owned and run by the same family who had a headline in 1934 that read "Hurrah for the Blackshirts!"

Fascism sticks and stinks like shit on a woollen blanket.

Jake4
03-25-2012, 05:10 AM
She's a beautiful woman. She shouldn't have been kicked out of the pageant.

Just to be clear though, contrary to the title of the thread the country of Canada did not kick her out of the pageant. It was the people working in the pageant that kicked her out.

SammiValentine
03-25-2012, 05:11 AM
Come on Sammi, it's the Daily Hell, after all - the same newspaper, owned and run by the same family who had a headline in 1934 that read "Hurrah for the Blackshirts!"

Fascism sticks and stinks like shit on a woollen blanket.

am sure they dont write the comments as well, half the fucking country doesnt have a clue who writes what , how do you think they got away with the "sunday sun" ?? where is this countrys spine ?

onmyknees
03-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Freddie had her clocked all along.

Kevin Dong
03-25-2012, 05:17 AM
too skinny for my liking :) shame she couldn't do her pageant though. I guess we are not there yet!

robertlouis
03-25-2012, 05:28 AM
am sure they dont write the comments as well, half the fucking country doesnt have a clue who writes what , how do you think they got away with the "sunday sun" ?? where is this countrys spine ?

After last week's giveaway budget for the millionaires do I really have to answer that?

Badgrammar7
03-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Imagin if a tranny fought in womens mma or boxing?

They should kick her out. It's not fair. Everyone knows that trans women are the most beautiful.

rodinuk
03-25-2012, 07:36 AM
I agree with robertlouis, Sammi - the Mail loves to feed its readers with stories that portray anything diverse as abnormal and negative

alpha2117
03-25-2012, 07:58 AM

They should kick her out. It's not fair. Everyone knows that trans women are the most beautiful.

Actually a couple of Transgender people have competed in combat sports in Thailand with no problems. Thailand is really relaxed about that to be honest. That said they have them compete under gender of birth.

robertlouis
03-25-2012, 08:23 AM

I know a transgendered girl who plays top level women's college soccer in the US. When people complain that her birth gender give her an unfair physical advantage, she points out that hormones etc have reduced and altered her muscle tone as well as other profound physical effects.

So to call it "unfair" shows not only a lack of appreciation of what's involved physically in transition - it makes me wonder how much you understand about the whole transgender environment.

SammiValentine
03-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I agree with robertlouis, Sammi - the Mail loves to feed its readers with stories that portray anything diverse as abnormal and negative

I know. As said twice now, I was talking about the comments.

dezz
03-25-2012, 07:11 PM
The modeling world has been using transgender models for the longest time. I guess not enough "straight" men go to fashion shows for it matter there. Well, I guess it's not fair to blame it squarely on men. I'm sure there were some bigoted women involved in the decision as well

SammiValentine
03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
The modeling world has been using transgender models for the longest time. I guess not enough "straight" men go to fashion shows for it matter there. Well, I guess it's not fair to blame it squarely on men. I'm sure there were some bigoted women involved in the decision as well

Deffo a lot of upset women :)

Kevin Dong
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM

Yea I also fail to see how they can throw her out of the contest when the top model is that Andrej Pejic guy and although he's a boy he still does both male and female shows? Every time I see America's Next Top Model Tyra Banks is always going on and on about "androginya" so how this is any different I don't understand.

rxpharm
03-25-2012, 08:36 PM
The most likely scenario is that the higher ups in the Miss Universe organization gave the order to disqualify Jenna. Donald Trump is not exactly the model of liberal thought.

The Canadian Miss Universe branch let her enter and was ready to let her compete - then when the higher ups of Miss Universe found out, the axe fell.

martin48
03-25-2012, 08:55 PM

ho hum

Please don't equate all us Brits with the Daily Mail. It's like equating all Americians with Fox News

Nikka
03-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I remember that miss Korea was Impressive

SammiValentine
03-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Please don't equate all us Brits with the Daily Mail. It's like equating all Americians with Fox News

Who mentioned the word "all" ?:) I was just showing my disgust at the comments.

onmyknees
03-26-2012, 01:17 AM

Why would anybody associate anyone of any nationality with a news network or tabliod simply because there share a common country? What's the frequency Kenneth?

RallyCola
03-26-2012, 01:46 AM
you guys can't compare pageant entry with sports.

one is all about looks and a little about what you say and the other is all about athleticism.

if the policy for the Miss Universe Pageant is that no entrant can have had ANY alteration...ie..no surgeries or supplements at all...then i agree with this decision. if that is not the policy, this is just a matter of discrimination.

tell me what friggin advantage this girl would have over her competition being born male in a beauty contest. its not like a sports competition here the male sex generally has a huge advantage over females.

this would be akin to a chess federation disqualifying a competitor for being born a dwarf in many ways.

robertlouis
03-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Why would anybody associate anyone of any nationality with a news network or tabliod simply because there share a common country? What's the frequency Kenneth?

OMG OMK. We agree again. :hide-1:

cockgobbler
03-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with Canada.

It was the organizers who made the decision. The pagent is owned by Donald Trump.

There is supposedly a clause that say a contestant "must be a natural born woman".

The term NATURAL leads to question why GG's who have had plastic surgery, whether it be a boob job, lip injections, ect are allowed to compete.

After all, the technically aren't "natural" anymore.

onmyknees
03-26-2012, 04:07 AM
OMG OMK. We agree again. :hide-1:

that's it...............i'm outta here !!!!!!!

robertlouis
03-26-2012, 04:12 AM
that's it...............i'm outta here !!!!!!!

Whoopee! It worked!!!!! :wink:

Jackal
03-26-2012, 04:59 AM
So, if the pageant does not require being csigender, why was she kicked out?!

Los Angeles resident
03-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Look at it this way, acceptance of gays in the military and same-sex marriage didn't happen overnight. Just a few years ago, majority opinion was still against both and look at where we are today. I say it's just a matter of time until post-op transgender women will be accepted in straight beauty pageants.

APD2
03-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I think she could have gotten away with it,if she hadn't already appeared in transgender pageant in Thailand.

Tyler___Durden
03-26-2012, 11:55 PM
"Got away with it"?
I don't think you intended that, the way it reads
- as in tricked, conned, deceived...

Wolver
03-27-2012, 12:00 AM
that's good that she got kicked out the other girls whod not have any chance ;) because wow she is beautiful :Bowdown:

archineer
03-27-2012, 12:30 AM

Cris Cyborg?? :)

APD2
03-28-2012, 02:46 AM
"Got away with it"?
I don't think you intended that, the way it reads
- as in tricked, conned, deceived...
You could interpret it that way.

Some of the rules for entry into the competition are pretty explicit .The competitors have to be between the ages of 18 and 27 and not ever have been married or pregnant.

On the other hand, the rule stipulating that the competitor be only "natural born female",is less clear-cut.If it means that transsexual women are excluded ,then it would've been very difficult for the organizers to keep Jenna in.They can't really keep the whole issue secret either ,as she's publically participated in transgender pageants.

Incidentally,a few years back Miss France apparently faced the loss of her crown after certain newspaper articles made allegations(later turned out to false) that she was a transsexual.

http://www.secondtype.info/elodie.htm

Ultimately,the participants are chosen out of hundreds based on subjective notions of physical beauty and sexual attractiveness.I admit,if Jenna had been open about this she wouldn't have been chosen for the final shortlist competition

I guess,we have to remember this is just a beauty pageant....

Tyler___Durden
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
I guess,we have to remember this is just a beauty pageant....
Marginalisation....
It's ok as long as she rides on the back of the bus.....
Nigga's
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1TJpCfV8LrM/S31bXjyrHQI/AAAAAAAAASk/b_gXzLiukG8/s400/swf%2BNo%2Bblacks%2Bno%2Birish.jpg

I'm not really a very conciliatory type of personality,
so my approach for the organisers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4W0qUaM9xQ

Followed by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGo6Qm0Wt8&feature=related

I need to chill more. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/biggrin.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

cc74
03-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Petition i found http://www.change.org/petitions/miss-universe-canada-donald-trump-reverse-the-unfair-disqualification-of-jenna-talackova#

APD2
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
For those rooting for her to be in the competition,some good news. Apparently,she's been reinstated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124309/Jenna-Talackova-Transgender-beauty-queen-allowed-compete-Miss-Universe-Canada-pageant.html