PDA

View Full Version : Jason & The Argonauts

Quinn
02-22-2006, 05:45 PM
The best part of that specific film was the monsters. It was like watching claymation of something. The movie actually gets funnier with time.

-Quinn

ian
02-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Now that you say it.

I remember it was a bit of an anti-climax.

An enjoyable film. I remember the Sinbad films more though. They always had loads of monsters.

ian
02-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, it was Harryhausen.

There were some strange bug eyed skeletons in one of the Sinbad films.

To this day they're still exciting films.

BeardedOne
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Ah, Ray Harryhausen animatronics. Makes me wish I had a teevee. :)

Always good to hear Ray and his work remembered. Especially enjoyed his appearance in the bar in one of the Beverly Hills Cop flicks and couldn't help but smile at Monster, Inc.'s "Finest restaurant in town: Harry Hausen's". :lol:

But what about the journey back home?

But that's another story.

Oops, wrong movie. :lol:

TomSelis
02-22-2006, 11:40 PM
From what I remember of the movie they only covered about half of the myth. He marries Medea, they have kids, he cheats on her and she kills the kids. He becomes homeless finds the ruins of the Argo and goes to sleep under it. A piece of the mast breaks off and kills him. The end.

That part would make a good movie today.

TomSelis
02-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Yup, and Jesus would be in there somewhere.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-23-2006, 12:26 AM
I think I might have seen that..tho wasnt there another version of it? Well aside from the 1963 original one and the 2000 version (Shown below):

1963 film
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0767810864.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

2000 version
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004U28P.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

But Im not sure tho..I thought there was one made inbetween the two. No? Or was that Sinbad? LOL

~Kisses.

HTG[/img]

ian
02-23-2006, 02:01 AM
I remember a TV remake a while ago. It was shown on channel 4 in the UK.

It is confusing though there a quite a few Harryhausen greek mythology films and quite a few sinbad ones.

Clash of the Titans that was a great one too.

Caleigh
02-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Medea is classic greek tragedy play

Anyone involved in Trojan War ends up cursed.

GroobySteven
02-23-2006, 07:48 AM
If you want to see some great modern animation without the computer trickery check out Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Wererabbit (bloody funny also). Harryhausen paved the way for many special effects movies but for the period, the original King Kong animation was fantastic. John Wayne was a pretty good puppet also, I'd swear sometimes his lips would move... (cue for Mr.Logic to go into a conspiracy speil).
seanchai

BeardedOne
03-06-2006, 04:46 AM
Just watched Tim Burton's 'Corpse Bride'. Great fun and excellent stop-motion animation.

Are they Harryhausen fans? You betcha! Note the manufacturer's plate on the piano in one of the opening sequences. :wink: