PDA

View Full Version : The Hot Runway Model.....Who isn't a Female

onmyknees
02-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Maybe there was a post on this previously, but I don't recall it. Interesting read, but it blurs the lines. I'm curious to what the ladies think. He isn't claiming to be anything other than what he is, and the gay community seems to be smitten with him. ( no comment on the fashion designers in the clip and thier enchantment with him...lol! ) So is he just a more glamorous version of Ru Paul? A shameless cross dresser? A highly paid Femme Boi ? ...or someone who further blurs conventional gender norms?

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=90119&sitesection=theblaze&VID=23571964

Meet the Female Runway Model…Who Isn’t a Female NEW YORK (AP) — On a chilly winter afternoon, Andrej Pejic settles into a Manhattan cafe with a cup of Earl Grey tea, sitting gracefully, long legs crossed. The blue-eyed fashion model gazes out a window, unaware that almost every man sitting at surrounding tables is transfixed.
A man in a black leather jacket walks up to the window, presses his face against the glass and kisses it. Pejic giggles and admits: “I find it flattering.”
The admirers are likely unaware that the beautiful blonde is actually a man.

As Fashion Week gets under way in New York City, Pejic is one of the most recognizable – and controversial – faces in the industry. He’s the only top-tier fashion model who can walk down the runway as either a man or a woman. And his androgynous beauty has turned him into a trendsetter in an industry that’s always seeking to push the envelope.
“He’s just this beautiful thing that everyone wants a piece of,” says stylist Ken Anderson, who dressed Pejic for a German magazine cover.
He has the kind of face that makes even the vainest woman jealous: high cheekbones, flawless skin and plump, shapely lips. When he speaks, his ever-so-slight Adam’s apple is the first sign of his masculinity.
Though Pejic isn’t trying to be a woman, many in the transgender community have already claimed him as their own. He is seen as a bit of a maverick, someone who has embraced his sexuality without any need for explanation or justification. Last year, the gay and lesbian magazine Out named him “stylemaker of the year” and put him on its cover wearing a bridal veil and flowers in his hair.

In this Jan. 27, 2012 photo, photographer transgender model Andrej Pejic has make-up applied by Cecelia Romero for a fashion shoot in New York. Transgender models have promoted the work of Marc Jacobs and Jean Paul Gaultier, but it’s a man with no plans for gender reassignment surgery who’s straddling the line like no other. Pejic, 20, says he’s perfectly happy being gender neutral. Some in the fashion industry see Pejic as a sign of a new gender fluidity. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

Pejic graced the covers of 14 magazines last year alone, including an ad campaign for a Dutch push-up bra. In 2011, he was the face for a fashion line by designer Marc Jacobs. He has walked the runways for heavyweight designers, including John Galliano and Jean Paul Gaultier.
French designer Gaultier was so enamored with Pejic that he used his gender-bending look as a source of inspiration for his 2011 men‘s and women’s wear shows, both of which Pejic modeled in. In the Gaultier men’s show, a pistol-packing, bare-chested Pejic wore a sleek black suit as “James Blonde.”
That was a stark contrast to the women’s show, where Gaultier crowned Pejic with the prized piece in the women’s wear collection: a couture bride’s dress.
In this Jan. 27, 2012 photo, photographer Sebastien Micke, right, photographs transgender model Andrej Pejic on a rooftop in New York. Transgender models have promoted the work of Marc Jacobs and Jean Paul Gaultier, but it’s a man with no plans for gender reassignment surgery who’s straddling the line like no other. Pejic, 20, says he’s perfectly happy being gender neutral. Some in the fashion industry see Pejic as a sign of a new gender fluidity. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

French photographer Sebastien Micke, who has photographed transgender models, says Pejic’s femininity is effortless.
“Andrej’s got this thing that supermodels have: how to pose in front of the camera,” Micke says. “It’s just natural.”
But life hasn’t always been so easy or glamorous for the 20-year-old. Born in Bosnia, Pejic spent much of his childhood living in a Serbian refugee camp before his family fled the country for Australia. He was discovered by a talent scout while working at a McDonald’s as a teenager.
From an early age, Pejic exhibited qualities thought of as traditionally feminine, for instance, preferring Barbie dolls over toy cars. As a teenager, he often hung out with girls and was once busted for stealing makeup from a drugstore. Pejic says acceptance from his friends and family made him comfortable in his own skin.
“I’m lucky in that sense,” he says. “If I had big muscles and were hairy with a beard, I might not be comfortable with that.”
At 6-feet-1, he’s rail-thin, a women’s size 2 or 4. His shoe size is the most problematic. Technically a women’s size 11, he‘s forced to squeeze his feet into a size 10 to walk in women’s shows.
Gene Hogan, a representative at DNA models, the agency representing Pejic in the U.S., says dozens of calls pour in every week touting a slew of hot new androgynous models: “They say, `Oh, you’ve got to see this guy! He’s the black Andrej Pejic!’”
For Pejic, every fashion season brings a new surge of headlines and opportunities, including talks of a fragrance line or a possible reality TV show. With New York Fashion Week – when designers debut their fall collections – beginning Thursday, it’s unclear which shows he will walk in – if any at all.
With the frenzy of media attention over the past year, industry insiders say Pejic runs the risk of being overexposed. Given his very niche look, Pejic’s ability to stay relevant may become difficult. And as his star rises, it’s possible designers could hesitate to book him, fearing his persona may overshadow the clothes.
Pejic is all too aware of the fickle nature of the fashion business. He plans to attend college eventually, having deferred his acceptance to a university in Australia. If fashion doesn’t work out, he’d like to go back to school and major in economics or law.
Although open to discussing almost anything, Pejic remains secretive about his sexual orientation. When asked whether he prefers men or women, he coyly smiles.
“Love has no boundaries,” he says.

Dino Velvet
02-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Paging Ben...

RallyCola
02-10-2012, 02:13 AM
this dude is a pain in the ass because he's not in transition...just so damn androgynous that he really isn't repping transgendered people appropriately

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 02:34 AM
this dude is a pain in the ass because he's not in transition...just so damn androgynous that he really isn't repping transgendered people appropriately
He's just a beautiful person. He doesn't have to represent anyone but himself. I mean, if he makes you guys feel gay, I guess you might want to re-think whether or not you're a bunch of queers.

RallyCola
02-10-2012, 02:45 AM
He's just a beautiful person. He doesn't have to represent anyone but himself. I mean, if he makes you guys feel gay, I guess you might want to re-think whether or not you're a bunch of queers and pussys.

alot of the media coverage that he's getting likens him to the transgendered community and girl. that's the problem. he is doing nothing to stop that and embrace androgyny or accept it and be a TG spokes person. i guess it would be best if the MEDIA didn't toss these assumptions on him but we cannot control the media.

what are you going to criticize now nicole...come on and bring it you angry twat.

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 02:50 AM
alot of the media coverage that he's getting likens him to the transgendered community and girl. that's the problem. he is doing nothing to stop that and embrace androgyny or accept it and be a TG spokes person. i guess it would be best if the MEDIA didn't toss these assumptions on him but we cannot control the media.

what are you going to criticize now nicole...come on and bring it you angry twat.
LOL Wait. Who's the angry one again? Me, right? lol Choke chickens, not trannys, dude. lol

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Btw, why must he explain anything he's done? And what's he doing that "really isn't repping transgendered people appropriately"? I don't give a shit what he does tbh. In fact, I'm proud of him, and he's not even a TS.

Like I caught, he's pushing your buttons and fucking with your head. You're coming apart at the seems. lol It'll be ok, dude. Even if he just made you gay. lol

kukm4
02-10-2012, 03:00 AM
More Andrej Pejic can be found here.

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=58404

Caff_Racer
02-10-2012, 03:01 AM
He's just a beautiful person. He doesn't have to represent anyone but himself. I mean, if he makes you guys feel gay, I guess you might want to re-think whether or not you're a bunch of queers.

Good heavens! For once I can actually agree with you! :)

Think I need a third double Jack Daniels (no ice) after that!

Oh and for the record: Andrej Pejic? Yup, I'd hit that if I had half a chance! I have no problems in admitting that he makes me go weak at the knees...

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Good heavens! For once I can actually agree with you! :)

Think I need a third double Jack Daniels (no ice) after that!

Oh and for the record: Andrej Pejic? Yup, I'd hit that if I had half a chance! I have no problems in admitting that he makes me go weak at the knees...
You know you love me. :)

Caff_Racer
02-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Isn't it a bit early in the relationship to start talking of love? :lol:

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 03:14 AM
We have to stop meeting like this. People will talk. lol

Nowhere
02-10-2012, 03:35 AM
As usual, the fashion industry is ahead of the rest of the world. Of course, when tolerance and understanding of the way the gay community is done these days is for trans girls and boys, the next thing will be the whole spectrum of gender expression. Too bad, that'll hit main street... in say... 50 years...

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 04:08 AM
As usual, the fashion industry is ahead of the rest of the world. Of course, when tolerance and understanding of the way the gay community is done these days is for trans girls and boys, the next thing will be the whole spectrum of gender expression. Too bad, that'll hit main street... in say... 50 years...
Yeah. You guys will all be dead long before absolutely no one will care who you're attracted to.

Yoda Rules!
02-10-2012, 04:17 AM
I think that this guy is beautiful. If he ever decided to transition and take hormones the sky would be the limit. I heard he is a jerk though, so you can't have everything

RallyCola
02-10-2012, 04:55 AM
i think its funny that media attention is being focused here even though brazilian and asian transgendered models and artists have been around for a while and integral parts of the fashion industry.

oh well...someone tell tony vee to shoot this dude at ny fashion week later this year so many of you can say that he's a "natural" girl

onmyknees
02-10-2012, 04:56 AM
OK....so it's early in the thread, but I still haven't heard what the difference is between him, and say the fem boy or cross dresser threads that are so vilified by lots of folks on here. Is it as shallow as his looks ?

For the record...i have no issues with what he's doing...fine by me. I also have no issues with what Kayla Coxx does either.........Is that warped logic...or just consistency?

Merkurie
02-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Just what is it he is supposed to be "doing?"

From what I have heard from his interviews, Andrej is just being himself. He feels that he is between genders and he is fortunate enough to work in an industry at a point in time where his look is marketable. He is a feminine young male. His gender identity beyond that is for him to declare - or not.

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 05:12 AM
OK....so it's early in the thread, but I still haven't heard what the difference is between him, and say the fem boy or cross dresser threads that are so vilified by lots of folks on here. Is it as shallow as his looks ?

For the record...i have no issues with what he's doing...fine by me. I also have no issues with what Kayla Coxx does either.........Is that warped logic...or just consistency?

I don't get it. You're saying you don't understand the difference between full and part time? Or you're just waiting to hear it, to learn something? Or are you testing the waters to see if you'll be "vilified" if you find him attractive?

I assume you find him sexually attractive. No?

alpha2117
02-10-2012, 05:15 AM
I think that this guy is beautiful. If he ever decided to transition and take hormones the sky would be the limit. I heard he is a jerk though, so you can't have everything

Actually it's kind of the opposite. One of the reasons he's so over in the fashion world is that he's apparently a dream to work with- he's punctual, polite and hit's his marks and shots first time. He's supposedly got a very arch sense of humor though so that can be interpreted as being a jerk just like Stephen Fry or Oscar Wilde are sometimes. A Jerk is more someone like Naomi Campbell who is a bitch for the sake of being a bitch sometimes.

He has hinted at transgender but seems happy with his current success. My guess is had he not hit big in fashion so quickly he would have in fact transitioned to being a girl but as it is that money sets him up for life and would allow him to do whatever the hell he wants at say 30.

Ben
02-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Paging Ben...

Ha ha!
Here's an interesting interview w/ AP:

Gender doesn't make me who I am - Andrej Pejic tells CityNews - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSFT_IJEzM)

onmyknees
02-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I don't get it. You're saying you don't understand the difference between full and part time? Or you're just waiting to hear it, to learn something? Or are you testing the waters to see if you'll be "vilified" if you find him attractive?

I assume you find him sexually attractive. No?

Please be careful assuming, but since you asked....mildly attractive would be my way to describe him. I would feel the same if I was sitting in the front row at one of his shows and was ignorant of his identity, or right now knowing that he's a guy, so no inferences to be drawn there. I'm just not attraced to "boney" ladies....A matter of taste.

Here's the most interesting line in the article to me...."many in the transgender community have already claimed him as their own" I'm seriously not trying to cause a shit storm....I could find a dozen other things if that was my intent, nor would I expect any TS on here to speak solely for the "transgender community", but if I've learned one thing since being on here....The definition of a Trans Woman is very strictly held...that's all I was attempting to ask. Nothing more....nothing less.

I'm "assuming" you find him attractive?

onmyknees
02-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Ha ha!
Here's an interesting interview w/ AP:

Gender doesn't make me who I am - Andrej Pejic tells CityNews - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSFT_IJEzM)

Right on que Ben....you're a funny fuck !!:)

Ben
02-10-2012, 05:37 AM

I agree. As Nicole writes: "... just a beautiful person."
I'm not entirely sure if he's even discussed his sexual orientation. There's a mysteriousness to AP. And he plays on it. I mean, it's fashion. He doesn't take it too seriously. Nor should he.
I mean, he isn't the first person to exude androgyny. I mean, pop culture is all about androgyny. Going back to David Bowie and Boy George and Madonna and now Lady Gaga. Ya know, the endless speculation at first about whether or not Lady Gaga was a man. Well, she's androgynous. As is Britney Spears. The list is endless.
And, yeah, it probably makes men uncomfortable because they'll question their sexual orientation. Which is a good thing -- ha ha ha!

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Please be careful assuming, but since you asked....mildly attractive would be my way to describe him. I would feel the same if I was sitting in the front row at one of his shows and was ignorant of his identity, or right now knowing that he's a guy, so no inferences to be drawn there. I'm just not attraced to "boney" ladies....A matter of taste.

Here's the most interesting line in the article to me...."many in the transgender community have already claimed him as their own" I'm seriously not trying to cause a shit storm....I could find a dozen other things if that was my intent, nor would I expect any TS on here to speak solely for the "transgender community", but if I've learned one thing since being on here....The definition of a Trans Woman is very strictly held...that's all I was attempting to ask. Nothing more....nothing less.

I'm "assuming" you find him attractive?
Oh, c'mon. Why not just say that he's beautiful. And, if you're attracted to beautiful women, that you'd sleep with him? He's lovely. :)

And do I find him attractive, sexually? lol No. He's absolutely nothing like what I like, sexually. But then again, I'm not sexually attracted to women. I admire women greatly. And I could have sex with one purely for physical pleasure. If I close my eyes, just about anyone can suck my dick if they're good at it. If I don't like their face, I'll close my eyes. Simple as that. But my sexual fantasies don't have any women in them but me. I could NEVER date a woman. They're my sisters. Andrej looks like a woman.

I fantasize about things like 5 Chippendales dancers kissing me all over my body. And then picking one, who I give permission to carry me to my bed, place me down, and start passionately fucking me. :D

But I'm attracted to beautiful human beings. Sure. Who the hell prefers to look at non-attractive people? Some of course, like an extremely hot guy, I get horny for. I definitely admire Andrej. On some level I can relate to him, in that he identifies as male but challenges people's concept of what gender is. I was a pretty genderfuct kid. I wore makeup to high school, and had drunken "straight" jocks hit on me at parties. But then, after a few people goof on them, they want to beat the shit out of you a few drinks later. Oh, the joys of growing up with GID. lol

Caff_Racer
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Oh, c'mon. Why not just say that he's beautiful. And, if you're attracted to beautiful women, that you'd sleep with him? He's lovely. :)

If I had the immense luck and pleasure of spending a night with Andrej Pejic ( :praying: ), I very much doubt if any sleeping would happen... ;)

Prospero
02-10-2012, 11:18 AM
There have been quite a few postings of Andrej Pejic on here in other threads.

I'm curious that Nicole who is herself a splendid transgendered person so berates men for being queer, homo etc for having non vanilla sexual orientations. The world is full of richness and variety? So some guys like other guys, some like to be fucked or suck the dicks of trangendered girls, some like to dress up as ponies (see jamies thread) or be ridden or tethered and whipped etc etc etc etc.... it's just all part of life's rich variety, isn't it. As long as no one gets hurt surely?

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
There have been quite a few postings of Andrej Pejic on here in other threads.

I'm curious that Nicole who is herself a splendid transgendered person so berates men for being queer, homo etc for having non vanilla sexual orientations. The world is full of richness and variety? So some guys like other guys, some like to be fucked or suck the dicks of trangendered girls, some like to dress up as ponies (see jamies thread) or be ridden or tethered and whipped etc etc etc etc.... it's just all part of life's rich variety, isn't it. As long as no one gets hurt surely?
Omg. You're sounding pretty simple-minded here. Stop trying to absolve yourself of anything, with me of all people. It makes you seem guilt-ridden.

What makes you think I equate "faggot" and "queer" with being homosexual in the first place? In fact, what makes you think you, or anyone else in this sad little world, ever understands me? Some of my dearest friends have been gay men. But most of you are hardly men at all. In fact, if I tell you you're truly a man, consider that a compliment. I don't consider half of these lost freaks doing porn to be women either. They're in a downward spiral of lonesome faggotry, desperately trying to validate themselves with some useless awards or praise from an audience like this. Ugghhh. Most of you people are just fucking gross. Especially the guys. Seriously, how do you all fester in your closets on this forum, day in and day out, without wanting to put guns in your mouths?

"Life's rich variety"? Please. You've really got my life boiled down to some imagined lowest common denominator. But no one here seems to get me or much of anything else going on here.

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Irony: I'm saying that Andrej's life and place in the world make perfect sense to me and are perfectly valid, and someone latches on to the word faggot and starts trying to defend himself. Priceless.

Prospero
02-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah I wholly agree about the main point abut this model. And I wasn't defending myself. I really don't care what people call me - faggot, queer or whatever. You'e wonderfully rich and inventive vocabulary will surely conjour up something quite explicit and delicious insult for me as a put down
(the best resonse o that remark being that why would you bother.)

More I was musing on why I cannot understand why you, an intelligent transgenderded woman, and a now (by your own admission) retired escort, so seem to virulently hate the men who for whatever reason find transgendered women sexy and attractive and pursue either relationships or professional erotic encounters with them.

Nicole Dupre
02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah I wholly agree about the main point abut this model. And I wasn't defending myself. I really don't care what people call me - faggot, queer or whatever. You'e wonderfully rich and inventive vocabulary will surely conjour up something quite explicit and delicious insult for me as a put down
(the best resonse o that remark being that why would you bother.)

More I was musing on why I cannot understand why you, an intelligent transgenderded woman, and a now (by your own admission) retired escort, so seem to virulently hate the men who for whatever reason find transgendered women sexy and attractive and pursue either relationships or professional erotic encounters with them.
Good lord! I? Hate men? lol Think again. I LOVE men! I love getting fucked by men. Take a good look at all of these transbians trying to sell you porn, and keep in mind that they wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

And, Prospero, I never called you a "faggot" or "gross". I don't think of you like that. But stop trying to understand me, please. I'm not to be understood here. I've accepted that. Most people here can't relate to me, and I sure as hell can't relate to them - THANK GOD! I would never have transitioned to live out some masturbatory fantasy, like many of these people have. Nor am I here for the porn. I like straight porn, when I watch porn at all. It's really rare that I get horny looking at anything here. I'm mostly fascinated at the audience transsexual porn has earned itself, not unlike I love to watch shows like Cold Case and To Catch a Predator. Too many freaks, and not enough circus tents.

But I hope you fuck your brains out every day of your life. I hope we all can find love, happiness, and satisfying sex. I believe in mom, apple pie, champagne, and couture. I'm a pacifist and an artist. And I'm probably the nicest damn person on this forum. In fact, I'm TOO fucking nice. Maybe that's the problem. But, then again, respect is a two way street.

onmyknees
02-11-2012, 01:19 AM

And do I find him attractive, sexually? lol No. He's absolutely nothing like what I like, sexually. But then again, I'm not sexually attracted to women. I admire women greatly. And I could have sex with one purely for physical pleasure. If I close my eyes, just about anyone can suck my dick if they're good at it. If I don't like their face, I'll close my eyes. Simple as that. But my sexual fantasies don't have any women in them but me. I could NEVER date a woman. They're my sisters. Andrej looks like a woman.

I fantasize about things like 5 Chippendales dancers kissing me all over my body. And then picking one, who I give permission to carry me to my bed, place me down, and start passionately fucking me. :D

But I'm attracted to beautiful human beings. Sure. Who the hell prefers to look at non-attractive people? Some of course, like an extremely hot guy, I get horny for. I definitely admire Andrej. On some level I can relate to him, in that he identifies as male but challenges people's concept of what gender is. I was a pretty genderfuct kid. I wore makeup to high school, and had drunken "straight" jocks hit on me at parties. But then, after a few people goof on them, they want to beat the shit out of you a few drinks later. Oh, the joys of growing up with GID. lol

OK...I've looked at the clip a few more times and like the way he looks in those heels.....so yea I'll upgrade him from mildly attractive to attractive. lol.. But like you... that's a physical ,visceral reaction...not a sexual one. What's funny is we both find him not to our sexual liking but for completely opposite reasons. You because you see him as a woman....me because I see him as a man...........which makes your statement about him challenging gender norms profound. I think that's probably a good thing, I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around it...
You have some very explicit, detailed fantasies....lol....and good sex always has it's nexus in vivid fantasies !

Nicole Dupre
02-11-2012, 01:47 AM
You have some very explicit, detailed fantasies....lol....and good sex always has it's nexus in vivid fantasies !

I bet if he had tattoos, you'd think about it differently. She's lovely. lol

Truthfully, I've made most of my sexual fantasies into realities. I am saving a few tho'. And some are probably just too risky. And I don't mean getting blown under a table. lol That's really nothing too crazy actually. That's just public sex.

onmyknees
02-11-2012, 02:57 AM
I bet if he had tattoos, you'd think about it differently. She's lovely. lol

Truthfully, I've made most of my sexual fantasies into realities. I am saving a few tho'. And some are probably just too risky. And I don't mean getting blown under a table. lol That's really nothing too crazy actually. That's just public sex.

Yes.......Tats might get me past whatever it is that's holding me back !lol