PDA

View Full Version : Small cities hosting Super Bowls

fordly66
02-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Now that Indianapolis has hosted the Super Bowl, should the NFL let other small cities host it? Do you think Indy did a good job of hosting? Do you think Indy will ever host it again? Do you think it should stay in cities like Miami and New Orleans every other year?

TSCURIOUS
02-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Who cares!!
Met Life - ala GIANTS STADIUM in 2 years!

sucka4chix
02-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Indy's not small.

luvshemales
02-07-2012, 03:05 AM
The only reason Indianapolis got the Super Bowl was that they built a new stadium and thats part of the deal with the NFL. This started a few years back in Detroit for SB XLII and last year with Dallas for XLV. SuperBowl XLVIII will be in East Rutherford.

sucka4chix
02-07-2012, 03:11 AM
It's not a size issue, it's a weather issue, which is why a NY Superbowl has always been considered insanity.

jerseyboy72
02-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Who cares!!
Met Life - ala GIANTS STADIUM in 2 years!
:iagree:

ed_jaxon
02-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Indy has an advantage because all of the hotels are right next to the stadium. They are pretty adept at hosting large events like the NCAA's.

hippifried
02-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Indianapolis is bigger than New Orleans.

If it was about weather, all the games would be played in the southern tier. When's Buffalo or Green Bay gonna get one?

ed_jaxon
02-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Indianapolis is bigger than New Orleans.

If it was about weather, all the games would be played in the southern tier. When's Buffalo or Green Bay gonna get one?

Fuck them iced over hell holes

onmyknees
02-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Yes....Indy did a good job and other small cities should be given shot....but let' face it...... A super bowl at a neutral site sucks....no intensity in the stands. The Packer/Giant and 49er/Giant game were far more intense , but there's not much to do about all that. I can't wait until the game is played at in NJ in 2 years so all these warm weather fuckers can see how football should be played. Outside and in the elements.

tishaTS
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Indianapolis is probably the last place I'd want to be in my life. Whomever does city planning there needs to be euthenized: who thinks it's a good idea to put 3 or 4 sports stadiums in the middle of downtown? And there's not really anything to do. I pity the poor players and media who were stuck there all week.

Yes, NOLA is smaller, but at least they have decent food and a reasonable nightlife.

sucka4chix
02-07-2012, 04:34 PM
who thinks it's a good idea to put 3 or 4 sports stadiums in the middle of downtown?

Um...apparently everybody who has multiple sports arenas.

RallyCola
02-07-2012, 05:05 PM
if the policy is that any city with a new stadium gets a super bowl, i'm fine with smaller markets getting it. i think there should be a rotation where all nfl cities get to host the game no matter where it is because snow and rain are part of the nfl game

indy seems like it did a good job...i am not aware of any issues regarding its ability to support the influx of people

fordly66
02-08-2012, 03:04 AM
tisha TS, "euthanized" is how you spell it. Anyway, Indy only had about a dozen parties the night before the game and there was plenty of night ife that night. Maybe you should watch the news, I'm just saying. And to quote Cris Collingsworth, Indy was the 2nd best locale that he has seen, and he has been to many Super Bowls. New Orleans was the best according to him.