View Full Version : Tennessee Lawmaker Threatens Trans Women with Violence

Erika1487
01-27-2012, 06:59 PM
This is just sicking....:smh These kind of asssholes make me feel ashamed to be a conservative......

Mark Daniel Snyder.

Communications Manager, Transgender Law Center
Posted: 01/23/2012 2:51 pmOn Jan. 12 Tennessee State Representative Richard Floyd (R-Chattanooga) said he would "stomp a mudhole" into any transgender woman he saw attempting to use a women's restroom. That phrase means to sexually and violently assault someone to the point where they are unable to fight back.

So far, Rep. Floyd's comments have been largely ignored and unchallenged by the mainstream media. How could something so incredibly outrageous and disgusting go unreported?

We are living in a world in which transgender people face extremely high rates of violence and discrimination. Every year I attend the Transgender Day of Remembrance and hear a new list of names of trans people who have been murdered. And, sadly, in my workplace, I hear stories of violence and discrimination on a regular basis.

Rep. Floyd's hateful remarks validate people's misconceptions about transgender people and incite violence against anyone who is gender-nonconforming.

My heart goes out to all of the Tennesseans who are subjected to this kind of violent language and discrimination.

Tennessee, I think about you every day, and I've been talking to my friends and family about how your lawmakers are attacking you and your families.

So many of you are standing strong in the face of recent threats like the "Don't Say Gay" bill, the "Permission to Bully" bill, and, most recently, the "Police the Potty" bill. Your legislators are talking about beating up transgender women and calling gay people perverted predators. Still, you go about your life like everyone else. Every LGBT person, especially LGBT youth, in Tennessee right now is a hero in my eyes.

One such hero is Marisa Richmond of the Tennessee Transgender Political Coalition (TTPC), who has been giving voice to the transgender community and tirelessly advocating for the rights of all Tennesseans for years. When she isn't organizing in local communities or planning events, she's right there in the statehouse meeting with legislators who will talk to her about equality.

Now is the time for all of us who are allies to the transgender community to come out proudly and support all the work groups like TTPC and Transgender Law Center do to create a world that treats transgender people and their families with dignity and respect. We will not have a society free from violence until we dismantle rigid gender norms and stereotypes.

Erika1487
01-27-2012, 07:07 PM
This shithead even had the nerve to try to run this crap on the TN house floor.....:smh
It basiclly says if your trans and need to piss or use a changin room you should be charged with a Class C misdemeanor.....WHAT A FUCK WAD!!!!

If anyone wants to contact this asshole and tell him to seriously fuck himself with a broken beer bottle here is all the contact info....

Rep. Richard Floyd

R-Chattanooga
District 27 — Part of Hamilton County — Map

district address

306 Altoona Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37415

nashville address

301 6th Avenue North
Suite G-24 War Memorial Building
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone (615) 741-2746
Fax (615) 253-0304
rep.richard.floyd@capitol.tn.gov

HOUSE BILL 2279
By Floyd

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 68,
Chapter 15, Part 3, relative to public restrooms
and dressing rooms.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE:
SECTION 1 Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 68 , Chapter 15, Part 3, is amended by
adding the following language as a new section:
68-15-304
(a) As used in this section:
(1) “Sex” means and refers only to the designation of an
individual person as male or female as indicated on the individual’s birth
certificate;
(2) “Public building” means a building owned or leased by the
state, any agency or instrumentality of the state or any political
subdivision of the state;
(3) “Restroom” means a room maintained within or on the
premises of any public building and made available to the public,
containing toilet facilities for use by employees or the public;
(5) “Dressing room” means a room maintained within or on the
premises of any public building, used primarily for changing clothes.
(b) Except as provided in § 68-15-303, where a restroom or dressing
room in a public building is designated for use by members of one particular sex,
only members of that particular sex shall be permitted to use that restroom or
dressing room.

(c) A violation of subsection (b) is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by
a to a fine of fifty dollars ($50.00).
SECTION 2. If any provision of this act or the application thereof to any person or
circumstance is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications of the
act which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to that end the
provisions of this act are declared to be severable.
SECTION 3. This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public welfare requiring
it.

Silcc69
01-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Well the sad thing is his voting base would probably agree with him. But damn my own state is a bit backwards.

Erika1487
01-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Well the sad thing is his voting base would probably agree with him. But damn my own state is a bit backwards.

Well I would not have said much until the "stomp a mudhole" comment. The bill was dead before it ever left his hand, it just pisses me off to see asshole mouth off like that :smh Oh btw Silcc69 Southeastern Ohio is not that far from TN in their fucked up views!