View Full Version : do you visit art galleries ???

avrix
01-04-2012, 05:32 AM
i do :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Gillian
01-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Ferris Bueller's day off - Museum scene - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpRcZNJAnE)

Nice Chrissy Snow shot, btw ... :)

russtafa
01-04-2012, 06:47 AM
love looking at the work of the old masters

trish
01-04-2012, 07:21 AM
do you visit art galleries ??? Yes, I do and museums too. A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of meeting this strange, multiply gendered creature at the Musee d'Art Moderne in Paris. The sculpture is by Victor Brauner, but I never recorded the title.

RallyCola
01-04-2012, 08:42 AM
i go to art museums but i rarely appreciate anything post-modern or abstract. your gallery..well, now that's art.

daltx_m
01-04-2012, 02:44 PM
This is Wichita, KS. There is no art beyond a cow patty on a wood board.

trish
01-04-2012, 05:30 PM
You need to high-tail it up 335 to see the Kemper and the Nelson-Atkins in Kansas City. I haven't seen them, but they're on my list.

kellyh
01-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I have two tickets for Picasso To Warhol at the High Museum in Atlanta. I just need to find the time to go.

Dino Velvet
01-05-2012, 12:20 AM
The closest thing I've been to an art gallery is SerialKillerCon in Fontana. All the geeks and nerds get together discussing their favorite killers of 3 or more with cool off period. Someone always get catty when ritual killings get brought up. Usually the freak with a crush on Dahmer.

Rantsalot
01-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Well I can not comment on any in the US as I am not familiar with what cities offer in regards to which artists and styles they tend to feature more of but I can recommend that if travelling to the great white north Toronto offers the AGO, its pretty decent with the usual showcases and once in a while they'll have a big event bringing art from someone prestigious and the like.

Personally I'd like to go to the Louvre Museum some day. Though it is a museum its pretty much got the most recognized historical art pieces and what not.

robertlouis
01-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Yes, aside from the visual feast that The National, The Tate and the National Portrait Gallery provide in London, there are frequent special exhibitions both in the capital and elsewhere. I've been to see the Vermeer Exhibition at the Fitzwilliam in Cambridge twice in the last month. My taste is towards the traditional, particularly where there's a specific historical context, but I could happily live in the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. I also lived in Amsterdam for a while and spent many wet weekend days in the Rijksmuseum among the Rembrandts. Visual art is a great stimulus for the intellect and all the senses.

Yvonne183
01-06-2012, 04:08 AM
I visited an art gallery once but the alarm went off and I had to leave before the police showed up.

russtafa
01-06-2012, 04:19 AM
I visited an art gallery once but the alarm went off and I had to leave before the police showed up.
poor girl i don't think the alarm went off because of you

Yvonne183
01-06-2012, 04:27 AM
poor girl i don't think the alarm went off because of you

I thought the same thing you said, why did the alarm go off because of me. I didn't know climbing through the back window would set it off.

I have been to some SOHO and East Village galleries but found them stuck up boring. I do like museum art, nothing beats the classics.

Willie Escalade
01-06-2012, 04:55 AM
I haven't been to a museum in a LONG time. In fact, the last time was at The Getty...BY THE BEACH.

russtafa
01-06-2012, 05:17 AM
I thought the same thing you said, why did the alarm go off because of me. I didn't know climbing through the back window would set it off.

I have been to some SOHO and East Village galleries but found them stuck up boring. I do like museum art, nothing beats the classics.but you certainly made the place exciting by doing that lol

Yvonne183
01-06-2012, 05:23 AM
but you certainly made the place exciting by doing that lol

Yea,, it wasn't boring that night. lol

RallyCola
01-06-2012, 06:05 AM
i am a native new yorker...if there is one thing we have better than all other cities....its museums....because while there may be 1 or 2 museums better than the ones in NYC...collectively nothing can compare.

come to nyc for the museums and stay for the trannys i say

russtafa
01-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Yea,, it wasn't boring that night. lol
you would get all those trendy art people all upset :dead:

avrix
01-07-2012, 03:28 AM
street art

Helvis2012
01-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Always