PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever have voices in their head at all?

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi All,
so just wondering if anyone else hears things in their head, or has voices that talk to you sometimes ... i dont mean like some split personality jibbering away all the time ..

just like now and then does your mind to speak to you?

NatashaLover
12-21-2011, 04:01 PM
I can see Dino already talking about his 2nd head. LOL

Actually I don't but I do talk to my little doll daughter little lulu and my cute son Domito and they speak back to me.

tsadriana
12-21-2011, 05:17 PM
yes Libby sometimes.

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 05:20 PM
ok cool i am not alone, i hear voices most days .. usually i notice the time pattern seems to be when i am relaxed so its either when i am in the bath , having a poo or laying in bed ..

Prospero
Erm Libby.... what do the voices tell you to do? Careful - they burned Joan of Arc at the stake for that.

RallyCola
i don't hear anything but my own conscience telling me not to do what i am about to do. i ignore it fully and am governed by my id (not that i'm a freudian). usually pops up when i take shortcuts at work, about to cut someone off really really narrowly on the highway or race through a light as it is about to turn red. On a more poignant topic...I ignore it also when i'm about to tell my wife about whatever new sexual obsession i have. at this latter time is when I am listening to my my 2nd head...he talks to me all the time...pointing me in the right direction so to speak.

what are these voices saying libby?

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 05:26 PM
well my voices show me visions, tell me things, i think its more expressions of my subconscious .. i mean i know i am not mad so thats ruled out ...

what they tell me ,, varies really but its usually all in the similar .. mich like my dreams i have the exact same dream everytime i dream for as long as i can remember ..

Well i will keep what my voices say to me to myself :) its not sexual or rude ...

Prospero
12-21-2011, 05:28 PM
A good idea. Of course you're not mad. You don' think you're Napoleon or some such thing, do you. Oh no.

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
napoleon was a tactical genious for his age ... i studied alot about napeolon amazing man in his youth how he fought 2 fronts at same time and won :) probably the last time the French actually had a decent pair of balls :)

No i am not napolean i think i am more than that :)

Prospero
12-21-2011, 05:31 PM
The Grand Armee maybe? Yes Napoleon was amazing. Great book I read as a kid called "March Of The 26" - all about him and his marshals.

ed_jaxon
12-21-2011, 06:25 PM
I hate when I become hyper aware of my thoughts.

The Police "Voices Inside Of My Head" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Dk3hyRFYE)

Dino Velvet
12-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I can see Dino already talking about his 2nd head. LOL

How did I know I'd be brought up in this thread?

needsum
12-21-2011, 06:29 PM

those voices were telling you so........

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
i also hear a contant beating drum in my head ... this my doctor told me was my rhythm of mind ...see i am affected heavily by sounds that can alter my moods in an instant ...

dont really know why i started this thread to be honest lol just popped into my head ..

FreddieGomez
12-21-2011, 06:31 PM
yeah when i do something i know is wrong, i hear myself sayin, "don't do it, nobody may be watching but god always is" lol

i appreciate it tho because it has stopped me from doin wrong and actually doin the right thing instead.

Dino Velvet
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
i also hear a contant beating drum in my head ... this my doctor told me was my rhythm of mind ...see i am affected heavily by sounds that can alter my moods in an instant ...

dont really know why i started this thread to be honest lol just popped into my head ..

Just kinda wandered into traffic thinking it would be the perfect place to start a thread.

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
interesting freddie ...

see i have vivid images that flash in my head ...sometimes if i have paper nearbye i will draw them , i have a folder now of some 300+ images i have drawn ...

But yeah i have that inner voice that tells you not do something sometimes ,,then other times my other voice just weighs and exterminates the first voice ...

I think they are all tied into our conscious thoughts and dreams ..

Dino Velvet
12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
yeah when i do something i know is wrong, i hear myself sayin, "don't do it, nobody may be watching but god always is" lol

i appreciate it tho because it has stopped me from doin wrong and actually doin the right thing instead.

You need to get rid of that God voice, Young Frederick. That's the real bondage. Shed those chains and you will truly be free.

Prospero
12-21-2011, 06:47 PM
What kid of doctor you seeing Libby!! The "rhythm of your mind" for god's sake. This guy sounds like a quack. Millions of words have been written and aeons spent trying to understand the nature of "the mind" . I've written on this subject and research, written and produced a documentary about "the mind" with some of the world's leading experts on the subject and I never ever came across that phrase before - never ever

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 06:57 PM
haha my doctor is epic :) he finds me fascinating ..if abit peculiar :) but i guess he is saying not to wrry about noises ... i just have music playing all the time and i mean all the time ...so i guess when i am unplugged from my ipod or stereo my mind just plays on :) he is my GP ...probably trying to be nice to me and not telling me i am raving mad :)

Well i think its a saying ..not a medical saying thats for sure :) you heard the phrase everyone beats to their own drum :)

Prospero
12-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Phew... okay... ha ha... yes I have music playing too

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 07:02 PM
and for the record i wouldnt trust any psycologist with a bargepole :)

RallyCola
12-21-2011, 07:03 PM
just had an off topic thought....anyone see "Get Him To The Greek"

P. Diddy talks about mind fucking in that movie. Libby...we should get the voices in our heads together and see what happens.

LibertyHarkness
12-21-2011, 07:05 PM
hehe i have the power of mind bullets you know :) i am a telepath/psyker .

lovesall
12-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah I have always heard voices and I do answer them. It usually happens when my mind is racing at 100 mph and I am doing different things at one time. It seems like the voices are placing the situation in place of importance.

RallyCola
12-21-2011, 07:19 PM
^cinephile that will watch any movie

as per "Dinner for Schmucks"

I have brain control....and the brain tells the mind what to do.

seamonkey
12-21-2011, 11:33 PM
I was once a therapist working with a mostly schizophrenic clientele. If you can recognize the voices as your own then you shouldn't worry. It's when they become split off and you believe theyare not a part of you that someone should worry (at that point you won't have the self awareness to tell, so someone else has to intervene). Schizophrenia usually comes on with some kind of psychotic break. Early signs are sometimes present in adolescence.

I have had experiences with a subconscious aspect of myself "speaking" to me, usually in a stressful situation such that I wasn't paying attention to my own best judgement. I experienced these as a voice inside my head, but they were very brief and I did not lose any sense of self-awareness. Sounds like you have a lot of this going on. Getting it checked out psychologically is a good idea, but beware of being put on medications as a "precaution." They can rob you of your creativity and spark. Better to learn to live with and explore the source of the internal dialogue.

danifan
12-22-2011, 12:22 AM
I did a few days training about people hearing voices and it was very interesting. It was very non-judgemental and they explained that auditory hallucinations are really only treated/viewed as an illness in the west, in other cultures they are interpreted as ancestral voices speaking through the receiver (often a shaman-type figure).

While distressing and debilitating for some, there are numerous techniques that may help the individual: bargaining, agreeing, engaging. One person had such bad voices they were housebound but they managed to get the strength to buy a strimmer to do some gardening when the voice popped in saying"Kill yourself with that". They inverted that as a warning"DON'T kill yourself with that" and carried on and started to take steps to a more normal life.

These are different to schizophrenics, who are often misunderstood as they are more likely to harm themselves than others. I know people with OCD and wonder if their mental looping is connected to the same type of problem as these ...

Incidentally, there are also visual hallucinations but these are less reported...

LibertyHarkness
12-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Lol hedgestrimmer

danifan
12-22-2011, 12:33 AM
That wasn't a double entendre "My, with that hedgetrimmer, you can really whack my b..":)

onmyknees
12-22-2011, 12:42 AM
I never really had discernable voices...that is until I saw the vid of Libby and Joanna on Strokers. That night I had a voice that sounded remarkably like Sir Richard Burton saying over and over..."Well, I suppose I must don a breastplate once more to play opposite Miss Tits"...
Strange...I know. I can't get it outta my head. lol

loren
12-22-2011, 01:11 AM
I sometomes hear voices. LOL

Caff_Racer
12-22-2011, 02:52 AM
napoleon was a tactical genious for his age ... i studied alot about napeolon amazing man in his youth how he fought 2 fronts at same time and won :) probably the last time the French actually had a decent pair of balls :)

No i am not napolean i think i am more than that :)

Oy, 'Arkness! "Ballsy" is my middle name! :)

I don't have voices in my head, but I do hear things sometimes...

I do get what could be called visual hallucinations from time to time; in some cases I can briefly see the place I'm in as it would have been hundreds of years ago. Also when I'm riding I have on some occasions seen the "racing line" materialise suddenly as a tenuous glowing trail on the road. What I also get is an uncanny sense of calmness when I'm really riding hard, as if it wasn't really me controlling and guiding the bike...

Ineeda SM
12-22-2011, 03:09 AM
"If you build it, they will come. If you build it, they will come. If you build it, they will come. If you build it, they will come. If you build it, they will come. If you build it, they will come. .. ... ..... .. .... .... ....

NatashaLover
12-22-2011, 03:43 AM

Maybe your imaginary voices told you? LOL:)

hippifried
12-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Well I hear voices, but it's only the guns talking to me as I pass by the pawn shop. They're so unimaginative. Always the same message: "Buy me! fill me with bullets! Kill people!" I mean c'mon... After you do it a few times, it becomes passe'. The shovel never says anything. What's up with that? I need something new.

muh_muh
12-22-2011, 07:57 AM
no never happened to me i only talk to myself a lot in me head (sometimes in other peoples voices to keep myself entertained)
im afraid youre batshit insane

What I also get is an uncanny sense of calmness when I'm really riding hard, as if it wasn't really me controlling and guiding the bike...

thats just being in the zone the psychological term for which is apparently flow

Kari
12-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Even if the voices in my head arent real they have some very good ideas....

BellaBellucci
12-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Voices in My Head- Dennis Leary - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq53JYNAYpk)

~BB~

miner
12-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Libby, whoever the entity is that gives you the same message over and over again, whether the message is good or evil, the entity considers you to be very important.

irvin66
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
No, thank God for that! Be careful so that you don't become like Anders Behring Breivik, As a insane mass murderer! :geek:
When am I going to have to stop you!

hippifried
12-22-2011, 08:04 PM
No, thank God for that! Be careful so that you don't become like Anders Behring Breivik, As a insane mass murderer! :geek:
When am I going to have to stop you!

Yeah... The voices really need to stop recruiting these sloppy amateurs. They're giving us all a bad name.

LibertyHarkness
12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
hehe ... its all good :) today my head told me to eat a cheeseburger at mcdonalds :)