View Full Version : So whats everyone making of Call of Duty Modernwarefare 3 if you play it

LibertyHarkness
12-01-2011, 02:03 PM
so as i know many people on here are avid online gamers like me :) what you all making of modernwarfare 3 so far ?

Myself i am still finding i prefer Blackops online it just seems to have more character ..... this new one is visually very pretty and smooth with lots of cool new bits but i just find it lacks the charisma of blackops ....

Gutted that they took out emblem designs as well :(

i also find the games much faster as in speed of everyone running about . but then i am not very good at these games haha .

so what you all think so far?

az357mag
12-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Battlefield 3 ftw

ELSAPO
12-01-2011, 03:43 PM
just bought Battlefield 3 I cant get past the "eliminate the runners" part!!

dafame
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Love it. Same maps, graphics, run & gun reflex testing as every other version! Plus the realism is unmatched. I threw a knife into the air and it traveled what seemed like half a mile. It landed on top of a helicopter and bounced around for about 10sec and then fell off and landed on a guys foot killing him instantly.

Very similar to a story a cousin of mine told me about that he was involved in while in Afghanistan.

Can't understand why anyone still plays this garbage game.

Cheekygrin
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
It's good but they should bring in Match Making for online.Frustrating getting owned by players who have been on it 24/7 since day one release.

HbgDon
12-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm having issues with the multiplayer. The whole lag compensation is such bullshit. When I am host, I can guarantee to go negative. The maps are to small and cluttered. The type95 is way overpowered. Being a sniper is so easy that people are running around using it like a semi automatic rifle. IW has a lot of work to do to make it a better game. I definitely prefer Black Ops over this right now.

Liberty are you ickle moo on xbox? If you are then we are on each others friends list.

SammiValentine
12-01-2011, 11:36 PM
quakelive FTW,

Quiet Reflections
12-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Zombies on Black ops is a lot more fun than the survival mode on MW3

Bobby B
12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
its wicked and addictive like normal, ive spent to many days of my life playing call of duty online on my ps3, i own every one! I think the maps are quite cool on this one

muh_muh
12-02-2011, 03:33 AM
quakelive FTW,

what she said
not that im any good at it (watching rapha and cypher play last weekend made me want to cut my wrists) but its a proper fps unlike the current crap we got with shooter season 2011 invasion of the soldier slowly walking towards the camera box art

TabStorm
12-02-2011, 05:09 AM
I am still playing Black Ops. MW3 was ok but I like the zombie mode and the multi player of Black Ops more

Tyler___Durden
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I like it. Playing a fair bit with friends in multiplayer.
I'm still learning the maps.
Yep people do run really fast.
Talk of moddied controllers by my friends.
They don't accept the other players may just be better at the game.
I don't know, or mind.

I like Black ops a lot too. esp 'Nuketown'

Dkg
12-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Call of Duty is a joke. If that's your thing then fine, but BF3 is a much better game with the use of vehicles and better maps. Besides, there seem to be way too many teenage, immature racist a-holes playing COD.

tslover777
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm still devestated that theres no hardcore moshpit that was my favourite! to be honest i think mw2 is better than mw3 and black ops

eddymunster90
12-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Will probably pick up MW3 after the holidays. Currently having too much fun on BF3.\

Shoot, almost forgot, new DLC coming out in about a week. :D

bob5hit
12-03-2011, 01:42 AM
I love MW3, much better than MW2. Didn't like the kill streaks being too much of the game in MW2. Didn't get black ops so I can't comment there.

BF3 is just different game type, so really it's more just a preference between MW3 and BF3. I personally like MW3. But BF3 on the whole is a better game if that makes sense. I just like the pace of MW3. I don't like running around for like 5 minutes and then getting shot.

Halo and quake 2 (years ago) has always been more my thing

SammiValentine
12-03-2011, 01:46 AM
I love MW3, much better than MW2. Didn't like the kill streaks being too much of the game in MW2. Didn't get black ops so I can't comment there.

BF3 is just different game type, so really it's more just a preference between MW3 and BF3. I personally like MW3. But BF3 on the whole is a better game if that makes sense. I just like the pace of MW3. I don't like running around for like 5 minutes and then getting shot.

Halo and quake 2 (years ago) has always been more my thing

yayy lets duel on Q2dm1 !!! ;-)

mikelpo
12-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Much prefer altered beast

Nautica
12-03-2011, 11:15 AM
All those games look alike, to me. WET by Bethesda is the true, hardcore game! I played it 1 whole time! The controls on it are a bitch. Lol! Maybe I'll dust that off in the next month.

LibertyHarkness
12-03-2011, 01:17 PM
yeah i heard about modded controllers ..... i am going to start skyrim soon :) spacemarine is good as well ..

Nautica
12-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Not sure if you all know of this site. Check out their 'deals' section. They tell you where to go. Join or don't, but don't overpay for the same thing. Browse it. Good site for gamers.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Tyler___Durden
12-03-2011, 04:40 PM
i am going to start skyrim soon :)
Goodbye social life then! :)
{I loved Elder scrolls IV, so Skyrim is a planned purchase for me.}