PDA

View Full Version : Best Frankenstein (Monster) Films

Dino Velvet
11-01-2011, 03:52 AM
I figure most people like the original Frankenstein and Bride Of Frankenstein by Universal. I am a huge fan of Hammer and enjoyed their take on Frankenstein in their series of films. Frankenstein Unbound and Coppola's Frankenstein are worth seeing. I have an Irish film where they made their version which I haven't seen yet but heard was very good.

Here's a link for the Hammer Films. http://mondo-esoterica.net/frankenstein/hammer/index.html

http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/5%282%29.jpg

Debra
11-01-2011, 03:57 AM
My favorite is still, The Bride Of Frankenstein. Boris Karloff and Elsa Lanchaster made a wonderful couple.

Dino, did you ever see one called "Frankenhooker"? You can't watch it and not laugh your ass off. If you never saw it, try and rent it sometime. You won't be sorry.

tsadriana
11-01-2011, 03:59 AM
My favorite is still, The Bride Of Frankenstein. Boris Karloff and Elsa Lanchaster made a wonderful couple.

Dino, did you ever see one called "Frankenhooker"? You can't watch it and not laugh your ass off. If you never saw it, try and rent it sometime. You won't be sorry.
Hahahaha FrankenHooker:)

FistFuk
11-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Interesting question, nobody really has yet made a good Frankenstein movie.

Someone send a memo to Lars Von Trier and Álex de la Iglesia. Cast Michael Berryman.

Dino Velvet
11-01-2011, 05:52 AM

Hahahaha FrankenHooker:)

I have Frankenhooker on DVD. You ladies can come over and watch any time. Instead of popcorn and candy we have beer and weed for refreshments.

Interesting question, nobody really has yet made a good Frankenstein movie.

Someone send a memo to Lars Von Trier and Álex de la Iglesia. Cast Michael Berryman.

Lars Von Trier is an interesting choice for the director's chair. AntiChrist is a great film. If you need to find Michael Berryman, look in the Southeastern California desert. He runs, or used to run, a wolf sanctuary. He talked my ear off about it once years ago. How about Vinnie Jones or some other intimidating type as The Monster?

FistFuk
11-01-2011, 06:04 AM
I just looked up Vinnie Jones, I don't think he'd work. The Frankenstein Monster has to look like a reanimated corpse (or collection of corpses, actually).

Steve Buscemi, possibly?

ValerieNelson
11-01-2011, 06:19 AM
I thought "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein," was pretty good with Kenneth Branagh as Victor Frankenstein, and Robert Deniro as the creature.

Amoore
11-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Boris Karloff is the classic
Would like to see a production by Tim Burton, would bring an interesting twist to it i think

Kari
11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Frankenhookers good, Young Frankenstein still makes me laugh..

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPTriLG5cU)

Debra
11-02-2011, 03:33 AM
I have Frankenhooker on DVD. You ladies can come over and watch any time. Instead of popcorn and candy we have beer and weed for refreshments.

Now this guy knows how to have a movie night.

But really, isn't Frankenhooker the fucking funniest spin off yet? It is so stupid you can't help but laugh your ass off. Lots of nice T&A too.

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Frankenhookers good, Young Frankenstein still makes me laugh..

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPTriLG5cU)

Great call, Kari. The funniest of all Mel Brooks' films imho, even more than Blazing Saddles and The Producers. Madeline Kahn after being ravished in a cave by the monster, "That's it, leave! You men are all the same- seven or eight quick ones and it's off with the boys." lol

As far as the serious versions go, it's hard to go past the original, in which Karloff invests so much pathos and humanity into the creature - it's quite easy to see it as a gay parable, as the English director of the film, James Whale, was a persecuted and terrified homosexual.

Unfortunately, it also gave us the lasting stereotype of the monster, which reached its apogee in TV series like the Munsters. The descriptions in Mary Shelley's original book - an incredible feat of writing for a 20 year-old girl - give a much more fascinating and intricate picture.

If you like Frankenstein films, PLEASE read the book.

maxpower
11-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Great call, Kari. The funniest of all Mel Brooks' films imho, even more than Blazing Saddles and The Producers. Madeline Kahn after being ravished in a cave by the monster, "That's it, leave! You men are all the same- seven or eight quick ones and it's off with the boys." lol

As far as the serious versions go, it's hard to go past the original, in which Karloff invests so much pathos and humanity into the creature - it's quite easy to see it as a gay parable, as the English director of the film, James Whale, was a persecuted and terrified homosexual.

Unfortunately, it also gave us the lasting stereotype of the monster, which reached its apogee in TV series like the Munsters. The descriptions in Mary Shelley's original book - an incredible feat of writing for a 20 year-old girl - give a much more fascinating and intricate picture.

If you like Frankenstein films, PLEASE read the book.

Robert, did you ever see Gods and Monsters? It's a movie about James Whale, and stars Ian McKellan as the director. Very good.

Quiet Reflections
11-02-2011, 06:22 AM
Alvin and the chipmunks meet Frankenstein

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Robert, did you ever see Gods and Monsters? It's a movie about James Whale, and stars Ian McKellan as the director. Very good.

Yes, it's excellent. McKellen is good as he always is, but to my mind the film brings out Brendan Fraser's finest performance in any film.

Dino Velvet
11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Now this guy knows how to have a movie night.

But really, isn't Frankenhooker the fucking funniest spin off yet? It is so stupid you can't help but laugh your ass off. Lots of nice T&A too.

I admit to being a great movie night host. Walk in the door, throw your car keys in a lockbox and I hand you a bong(loaded with 25% THC Indica) and a bottle. I have every Horror Movie worth seeing that is available on DVD. I've got all the Basket Case movies too. Frank Henenlotter directed them all.

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/basketcase-movie.jpg

Dino Velvet
11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Frankenstein (1910) - Full Movie - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLxsOJK9bs)

Frankenstein is a 1910 film made by Edison Studios that was written and directed by J. Searle Dawley. It was the first motion picture adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. The unbilled cast included Augustus Phillips as Dr. Frankenstein, Charles Ogle as the Monster, and Mary Fuller as the doctor's fiancée.

Shot in three days, it was filmed at the Edison Studios in the Bronx, New York City. Although some sources credit Thomas Edison as the producer, he in fact played no direct part in the activities of the motion picture company that bore his name.

Frankenstein is in the public domain, and you can download it here for free:
http://www.archive.org/details/FrankensteinfullMovie

Debra
11-02-2011, 07:42 AM
I admit to being a great movie night host. Walk in the door, throw your car keys in a lockbox and I hand you a bong(loaded with 25% THC Indica) and a bottle. I have every Horror Movie worth seeing that is available on DVD. I've got all the Basket Case movies too. Frank Henenlotter directed them all.

I still think the older horror flicks were the best. Today, the special effects are the stars instead of the charactors.

By the way Dino. I am not trying to hi-jack your great thread, but I told you I might post a rear view for you to enjoy. This was taken by my friend on the same day the avatar pic was taken. So just for you Dino...enjoy.

Dino Velvet
11-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I still think the older horror flicks were the best. Today, the special effects are the stars instead of the charactors.

By the way Dino. I am not trying to hi-jack your great thread, but I told you I might post a rear view for you to enjoy. This was taken by my friend on the same day the avatar pic was taken. So just for you Dino...enjoy.

Hijack away, sweetheart. When you tell me to kiss your ass I'll get right to it. Thank you.

Debra
11-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Hijack away, sweetheart. When you tell me to kiss your ass I'll get right to it. Thank you.

Hahahahahaha....Then KISS MY ASS stoner boy.

You've probably already printed it out and cutting a hole in the middle, ya pervert.

Dino Velvet
11-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Hahahahahaha....Then KISS MY ASS stoner boy.

You've probably already printed it out and cutting a hole in the middle, ya pervert.

My monitor is cleaner than it's ever been thanks to you. That photo was quite inspiring.

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 08:01 AM

Please don't make your ass exclusive Debra. Wow!

Debra
11-02-2011, 08:44 AM
My monitor is cleaner than it's ever been thanks to you. That photo was quite inspiring.

Hahahaha.... I'm glad I could help Dino. But I would have figured that by now your monitor would be so loaded with your jizz, that it would hurt your eyes to look at it. But if my ass helped to get your screen clean, then my job is done.

Please don't make your ass exclusive Debra. Wow!

I guess by your straight forward response that you approve? As I said before, I am always leary about posting big pics of me on the internet. You never know where they will end up. Too many sick perverts like Dino around....if you catch my drift.

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 08:46 AM

I guess by your straight forward response that you approve? As I said before, I am always leary about posting big pics of me on the internet. You never know where they will end up. Too many sick perverts like Dino around....if you catch my drift.

Of course. But anything I would like to do with that ass is only for PM. That way we can both preserve a little dignity. :whistle:

Debra
11-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Of course. But anything I would like to do with that ass is only for PM. That way we can both preserve a little dignity. :whistle:

I still haven't figured out how to send pics in a PM. I know you can import them from other URL's. I wonder why sending pics is not an option in PM's.

Well I think we should let Dino have his thread back.