PDA

View Full Version : The Shield................................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-18-2006, 05:57 AM
IMO the best drama on television

jasonr30
01-18-2006, 06:09 AM
love the shield

Ecstatic
01-18-2006, 06:14 AM
Hmm, that makes at least 3 best dramas on television of late, lol! (BG, Shield, 24) But yeah, it's excellent. I watched it intermittantly the first couple of seasons, then became riveted to the show when Glenn Close joined the cast last season. Now Forest Whittaker--outstanding.

swamprat4077
01-18-2006, 06:43 AM
LOVE that show! But (and i HOPE i'm wrong here) i think this might be the last season.
Rescue Me is also quite good.
And i rather liked Over There. (sorry it wont be back)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-18-2006, 11:48 AM
it would be fitting to end the series this season......
Mackey runs the precinct as it is, they are forcing him out, and he's about to take Forest Whitaker out in the next couple of episodes
that shit he did to that "Doomsday" character was priceless

popperluv
01-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Come on guy I like the Sheild but you cant touch 24!

popperluv
03-22-2006, 09:01 PM
I take it back the shield is the best show on TV.
The final episode was incredible!
Poor Lem!

latrix67
03-22-2006, 09:21 PM
One of the BEST tv shows was 'Third Watch'! followed by NYPD Blue when Jimmy Smitts was in it.Since he left,Sipowitz's partners were a bit 'wooden'
L67

swamprat4077
03-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Love this show, and i'm already waiting for next season, as well as this on on DVD.

Best cop show EVER (imo)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-23-2006, 04:31 AM
I take it back the shield is the best show on TV.
The final episode was incredible!
Poor Lem!

I think we all knew Lem was gonna die
I just thought that Vick's ex was gonna cry rape and get Cavanaugh in deep shit and everything would go back to normal

the fight scene was great, because Vick really didn't know and was engulfed in rage and Cavanaugh got his ass kicked..................

Ecstatic
03-23-2006, 05:40 AM
I wasn't surprised by Lem's demise, but I was shocked by who did it and that Vic wasn't in the know. That sets up some interesting shit for next season.

Glenn Close last season, Forrest Whitaker this season (and a nice cameo of a favorite actress of mine, Gina Torres, including a nice shot of her buns): who are they going to pull in next year?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-23-2006, 05:45 AM
I dont think it matters, Claudette is the captain, Vick is in the clear, shit's gonna be wild...............if you ask me though the season was too fast

Hugh Jarrod
03-23-2006, 01:41 PM
IMO the best drama on television

Agreed way better than the Sapranos. FX just brings one good drama after another The Shield, Nip Tuck, Rescue Me, and now Thief.

popperluv
03-23-2006, 03:55 PM
I heard that half the next season has already been shot!

I love the pimp in the last episode.
"Now you got a free lesson on pimpology"

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I like the Sopranos alot, but the Shield just has more of an edge to it. I think we all agree that last week's Sopranos episode can't touch any Shield episode from this entire season. And let's not even talk about the Glenn Close season last year, damn she got screwed for that Emmy, I hope Whitaker takes it this year for best supporting

Hugh Jarrod
03-23-2006, 10:38 PM
I hope so as well. I missed the premiere of Thief last night though and now I'm kicking myself. It looks as good as The Shield. I was dissappointed with the outcome of the season finally as Lem was my favorite character. The pimp part was hillarious, as was Jimmy Johnson's guest appearance a few weeks ago. All in all I agree with you the best drama on TV.

sorokin
04-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I think we´re just at halftime now, and that it will culminate in either a fall finale, or we have to wait til the beginning of next year. In either case, i can´t wait for this one hehe :P

Vic Mackey Rules :)

General124
04-05-2006, 01:33 AM
From what I saw, next season is going to be longer than their normal 13 episodes. I figure about 18, since the article I read said FX asked for 21 more episodes including this past season to close the series out for good.

I can't wait to see Vic's rage when he figures out Shane did Lem in. He's going to regret not capping him last season for the Antwoin Fisher fiasco. BTW. Anyone knows if Cavanaugh will be back next season? That would be an awesome show down: Shane vs. Vic vs. Cavanaugh. Classic!!!

Anyone that don't think The Shield is the best show on TV hasn't been watching it.

BTW. My favorite quote of the season:

"Your wife's pussy tasted like sweet butter..."

Vic is da shizzit.

MoonAndStar
04-05-2006, 10:01 PM
The Shield is the shit.... classic TV...

IMO the best thing on TV along with The Wire....

;~