PDA

View Full Version : In living color is funnier the mad tv and snl combined.

Legend
01-11-2006, 06:35 AM
I was browsing the TV and came upon b.e.t and they were showing in living color talk about test of time still funny as hell.

Legend
01-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Nothing compares to Sanford and Son

Yeah that is a really funny show but its no sketch comedy show.

Trogdor
01-11-2006, 08:09 AM
yep, In living color was the best.

Characters I remember. Homey the Clown, Anton Jackson, Vera Demilo, the Hollywood Homeboys, Fire Marshall Bill, Men on Film, The Disfunctional Homeshow, Louis Farakhan ( ok, he was a rendition of an actual dude :P ), plus they had the Fly Girls.

SNL had what? The Coffee Talk Lady, those annoying cheerleaders, Weekend Update hosts constantly changing, and what else is there? The only reason SNL is still around is its past glory, that's it. Started to suck like 15 years ago. And the only reason anyone joins the SNL cast is cause it means automatic movie offer later down the road. :roll:

Mad TV: The comics were funny :P

chefmike
01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Yes, SNL and it's musical guests have sucked for many years now. But no show of it's kind has ever come CLOSE to SNL in it's early years. When it had legends like John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtin, etc.

BlackAdder
01-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Ehh....i dont know Chef.......ILC really re-broke that same ground that SNL did, and I think they actually did do it better....legends included and all.

chefmike
01-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Ehh....i dont know Chef.......ILC really re-broke that same ground that SNL did, and I think they actually did do it better....legends included and all.

I respect your opinion, but you'll never convince me of that. SCTV did some good stuff as well...

MarylandsMighty
01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
I liked In Living Color back in the early 90's when I was in middle school.

However it is as dated as Cross Colours jeans and the high top fade. Sorry, it doesnt stand the test of time.

The Head Detective? sucked. "Homey dont play that" Well it was funny at age 12, and for the first 20 times after that its as hip as SNL's Coffee Talk.

SNL is better due to its longevity. Now if ILC had been on for more years,. or until now we could debate it.

As it stands the last year of ILC was abysmal. Piss poor tv.

Now if you compare the first 5 yrs of SNL to the first 5 yrs of ILC and Mad tv. Well SNL wins.

Comparing ILC to a chosen handful of years of SNL isnt fair.

Put its seasons up against the first years of SNL, and SNL blows it out of the water.

Quinn
01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
When I was a kid, SNL was funny as hell, but that was a long time ago. For well over a decade now, both the comedy skits and the musical guests have grown progressively worse. Seriously, Ashlee Simpson??? What's next? Barney the Purple Dinosaur singing some of his crappy shit. I hardly watch it anymore.

As far as MAD TV is concerned, Michael McDonald is really funny - when he gets hold of a good skit.

Does anyone remember a Canadian show called Kids in the Hall? That show had some really funny skits.

-Quinn

jt money
01-11-2006, 11:22 PM
yep, In living color was the best.

Characters I remember. Homey the Clown, Anton Jackson, Vera Demilo, the Hollywood Homeboys, Fire Marshall Bill, Men on Film, The Disfunctional Homeshow, Louis Farakhan ( ok, he was a rendition of an actual dude :P ), plus they had the Fly Girls.

SNL had what? The Coffee Talk Lady, those annoying cheerleaders, Weekend Update hosts constantly changing, and what else is there? The only reason SNL is still around is its past glory, that's it. Started to suck like 15 years ago. And the only reason anyone joins the SNL cast is cause it means automatic movie offer later down the road. :roll:

Mad TV: The comics were funny :P

Don't forget the Homeboys Shopping Network "Is that sirens I hear? You know what that means, the end of the show..."

I can't remember the name of the skit with David Allen Grier and Tommy Davidson, where they were video producers? "Do you guys have a card? You know, I'm fresh out, Clyvele........BAAAAAMMMM!!"

partlycloudy
01-12-2006, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results.php?search=in+living+color&search_videos=Search+Videos

NickTheQuick
01-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Personally I am partial to SNL's what I consider Golden years. Early to mid 90's when the cast included Chris Farley, David Spade, Adam Sandler, Phil Hartman, Norm McDonald, Chris Rock, Tim Meadows, Mike Meyers, Kevin Nealon, and Sarah Silverman. I still watch it but not with the same entusiasm. But you better believe I'll be watching/taping this weekend when Scarlett Johansen is the host. Damn she looked hot on Letterman last night. Yum.

NYCe
01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
In Living Color jumped the shark pretty badly towards the end. The last few seasons were painful to watch.

Edmund
01-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Kids in the Hall and Upright Citizens Brigade own all.

BlackAdder
01-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Kids in the hall has some funny shit no doubt....But sometimes i didnt get certain skits../shrug.

The Homeboy Shopping Network was classic though lol.....were slashin' prices from 4995$ to 49.95$!!!!!....MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY....

Damn...chillin at my boyz house drinking beers and watching ILC with my old girlfriend..../sigh.....

Trogdor
01-12-2006, 10:40 PM
In Living Color is on DVD now. So we can all see it :D

Yea, the final year of In Living Color sucked, since all the orginal cast left, the fat white guy was the worse. :P

Legend
01-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Didn't keenyan bring in his whole family to be in the show at one point in time?

Sinister
01-13-2006, 02:58 AM
i gotta agree in living color was definately the shit, but like nyce mentioned once most of the orginal cast members left to do bigger things it had pretty much fallen off completely. most of the new cast members weren't funny at all and watching it just became a complete joke. as for snl i was never really into that show and even today i'm still not, so i can't comment on it (to be honest i don't think i've ever watched a full episode of it in all the years it has been on).

Dkg
01-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Damon Wayans had the funniest characters

Handy-Man
Head detective
The Brothers Brothers
Homey Da Clown
The Drunk Homeless guy (Tyrone?)
The Homeboyz Shoppin Network

Anyways, yes, this was and is the best sketch comedy show ever. SNL was good back in the 80's and early 90's. It's complete garbage now and a little overrated.

GrimFusion
01-13-2006, 03:47 AM
im still puzzled if ur this fucking dumb or this fucking lazy???

is the missing "n" in ur post heading due to u being too lazy to reread it or do u really have such a poor grasp of the english language???

at least in the fucking heading can u respect those of us that are literate and spell check it???

J, if you're going to be a spelling and grammar nazi, don't use "internet shorthand" when correcting people. It's ironic that you're bitching at them about being lazy and not having a full grasp of the written English language, yet you can't be bothered by taking the time to spell out "you are" or "you're".

Capitalization and punctuation might help too. :wink:

Legend
01-13-2006, 04:01 AM
im still puzzled if ur this fucking dumb or this fucking lazy???

is the missing "n" in ur post heading due to u being too lazy to reread it or do u really have such a poor grasp of the english language???

at least in the fucking heading can u respect those of us that are literate and spell check it???

J, if you're going to be a spelling and grammar nazi, don't use "internet shorthand" when correcting people. It's ironic that you're bitching at them about being lazy and not having a full grasp of the written English language, yet you can't be bothered by taking the time to spell out "you are" or "you're".

Capitalization and punctuation might help too. :wink:

LOL,dude he isn't even worth it, he finds the shit just to put up a argument and bitch,I've learn in the past to just ignore people like him and eventually they will STFU. Me not correcting that "N" is really making him upset GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

jt money
01-13-2006, 07:33 PM
In Living Color jumped the shark pretty badly towards the end. The last few seasons were painful to watch.

As ironic as it sounds, the show went down hill after the Wayons left.