PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Question

Perverted Monk
01-10-2006, 06:30 PM
I heard a lot of praise about this so I started using it too. I ran into problems like freezing and stuff.

I'm not sold on it. I went back to IE.

Ecstatic
01-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Check here, Arianna:

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

Andrew Johnson
01-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I've been using firefox for quite a while now. I like it for the security so I don't add a lot of the plugins. I just use it for casual surfing and online banking and such.

When there are meadia files I just have to see or hear that don't work, I just use IE to view 'em.

Firefox has a lot of trouble with some of the stuff I do at work too, like administering network hardware through an http interface. I just use IE for that stuff as well.

Surfing with firefox will really cut back your spyware hassles for sure.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-11-2006, 12:54 AM
I refuse to go back to IE permanently, but there are several sites Firefox just cant function properly on

in situations like that I just use an IE alternative, such as Avant Browser

MoonAndStar
01-11-2006, 01:00 AM
Avant is nice... Opera and Flock also do a better job then IE..... but IE7 drops soon and from my beta use it has some real nice functions..... e.g. tabbed browsing, one touch history erase.... also IE7 will run Windows Mail Live.... basically Hotmail version 2....

but for now FF kicks ass....

;~)

Legend
01-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Any browser from microsoft is garbage.

Legend
01-11-2006, 01:42 AM
what kind of greasemonkey scripts are you guys using?

chefmike
01-11-2006, 01:45 AM
I have found FF to be slower loading pages than IE (and I haven't tried Avant yet), but I have noticed than when we're having database problems on this site, FF works better.

The American Nightmare
01-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Just download this. It lets you associate any media player with various filetypes. Therefore, you can even use it to make custom media players your default.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=446&application=firefox

Make sure you run the configuration wizard.

Andrew Johnson
01-11-2006, 03:38 AM
I have found FF to be slower loading pages than IE (and I haven't tried Avant yet), but I have noticed than when we're having database problems on this site, FF works better.

I find it a lot slower than IE too.

The American Nightmare
01-11-2006, 05:12 AM
I may have jumped the gun, here.

Are you having problems playing embedded files (videos that play right there on the web page), or are you unable to play files that are downloaded?

The American Nightmare
01-11-2006, 05:45 AM
Hmmm... I dunno if embedded Realplayer files is your problem. I'm pretty sure I've always been able to hear myspace music.

Hit me up on Yahoo if you want.

thegan2004

thatguy
01-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Programming for two browsers is very tricky, especially when the top dog (IE) doesn't obey standards. If you have some sites that work best with IE, try the IETab extension. You can specify certain sites will open with IE within a FF tab. My other favs: ForecastFox and Download Status Bar. Of course FlashGot and AdBlock for those banner heavy aggregator sites.

brickcitybrother
01-13-2006, 04:28 AM
I haven't had any problems with FF. ButI do switch between it and IE as needed.