PDA

View Full Version : When Did Little Leo

Jericho
08-07-2011, 10:51 PM
grow up?

I've seen him in Blood Diamond and Body Of Lies recently, and while they might not be great films, he is one fuck of an actor, totally believable.

I'm impressed! :shrug

kukm4
08-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Try The Departed

Jericho
08-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Seen it and yes, impressed with him in that too!
(th0ugh more interested in Vera Farmiga!)

I always fucking hated him, but he's become such a great actor, even watched 'Catch Me If You Can"

Totally believable!

Obviously, as a real person, i have no idea, but as an actor, i always hated him, then....Wow, what happened?
What changed?

GroobySteven
08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
How about starting where he started ... What's Eating Gilbert Grape. He was fantastic in that. Gang's of New York also great. I mean, forget about Titantic and he's got a pretty good hit rate as a good actor.

Oh also - This Boy's Life which was one of the last good De Niro films.

GroobySteven
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Actually just checked IMDB - he's only made two shit films - Titanic and The Man in the Iron Mask.

You should check out The Basketball Diaries also.

gmercer
08-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I thought he was a pretty good actor after watching him in This Boy's Life and What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and the Basketball Diaries. But after Titanic hit and Leomania happened, I kinda got sick of the guy. But yeah, after Gangs Of NY and Catch Me If You Can, my opinion turned around.

Perhaps if he had worked with P.T. Anderson and did Boogie Nights like he originally wanted to instead of Titanic, he could have kept his acting cred, but that would have come at the expense of his worldwide fame.

BellaBellucci
08-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I remember hating him since Growing Pains, and then Titanic made me despise him even more, but then... Catch Me If You Can, Inception, Revolutionary Road, The Depa(h)ted(!!)... great films! I think I didn't like him because he always seemed like a man-child, but now he's finally grown into a real man. It's not so hard to watch him anymore.

Perhaps if he had worked with P.T. Anderson and did Boogie Nights like he originally wanted to instead of Titanic, he could have kept his acting cred, but that would have come at the expense of his worldwide fame.

Mark Wahlberg usually sucks and Boogie Nights is one of my favorite movies, and he was decent in it, but I can't see Leo in that role.

~BB~

Pelheckitt
08-08-2011, 01:58 AM
I like most of what he's done, the Quick and the Dead suck a giant cock but that was a shitty movie all around and cant be totally blamed on him.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nicholson's acting showed who horrible of an actor Matt Damon was in the Departed.

Yoite
08-08-2011, 02:40 AM
i enjoyed shutter island

theone1982
08-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Leo is a movie star, Daniel Day Lewis is an actor.:wiggle:

Jackal
08-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Leo is a movie star, Daniel Day Lewis is an actor.:wiggle:

DDL looks like Timothy Dalton a bit

Mz.Brownsugah
08-08-2011, 07:34 AM
I had a crush on Leo since Growing Pains and like all his movies especiall Titanic( cry everytime I watch it), However I do like him better with his grown man swag.