PDA

View Full Version : Mayonnaise vs Miracle Whip SMACKDOWN

PomonaCA
07-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Besides the other white stuff that tranny chasers crave, what sandwich spread do you prefer? Vote early and vote often!

Dino Velvet
07-31-2011, 07:43 AM
Best Foods Mayo

http://www.knightsmeats.com.au/product_images/f/357/Best_Foods_Real_Mayonnaise__07419_zoom.jpg

theone1982
07-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Neither.:puke

PomonaCA
07-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Neither.:puke
Fuck mustard!

Dino Velvet
07-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Everybody loves mayo but never ever dip your fries in it.

Falrune
07-31-2011, 11:43 PM
You made me Google the difference... to be frank, Like Dino, I go for Best Foods, although Hellmann's was first in the USA.

In 1756, the French under Louis François Armand de Vignerot du Plessis, duc de Richelieu, captured Mahón on the Spanish-held island of Minorca. In honor of this victory, the duc’s chef created a new dressing for his master: Mahonnaise. It wasn’t until 1905, however, at Richard Hellmann’s New York deli, that Americans got to taste the goods. But boy, did it catch on! Within seven years, he’d mass-marketed the condiment as Hellmann’s Blue Ribbon Mayonnaise.

But in 1933, Kraft Foods though differently. Inventor Charles Chapman’s patented emulsifying machine allowed regular mayonnaise to be evenly blended with cheaper dressings and more than 20 different spices (plus sugar). The result was Miracle Whip, which debuted at the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair. Promising to create "Salad Miracles with Miracle Whip Salad Dressing," the Whip was an instant hit (Note: It’s not known if the dressing is responsible for any non-salad-related miracles.)

The main difference between Miracle Whip and mayonnaise are the sweeteners: high-fructose corn syrup and sugar are the fourth and fifth ingredients, respectively, of Miracle Whip.

I doubt I've ever tried Miracle Whip. I have to go with Mayo.

Yeah
08-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Miracle whip, especially Libby's miracle whip.

dskreet2
08-01-2011, 03:55 AM
Miracle whip, especially Libby's miracle whip.

I second that nomination! However, due to the current debt limit ceiling, I cannot speak on Libby's Miracle Whip.