PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 04:01 AM
It's now 4th July here in the UK, so let me be the first to wish you all a great Independence Day.

ValerieNelson
07-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Thank you Robert! :) Hopefully you have a lovely day. . . even if you are in the UK :D

flabbybody
07-04-2011, 04:07 AM
thank you robertlouis.
happy 4th of July to everyone

"Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American" ... General George S Patton Jr, United States Army

killkenny
07-04-2011, 04:15 AM
thank you robertlouis.
happy 4th of July to everyone

"Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American" ... General George S Patton Jr, United States Army

didnt really win war of independence we just couldnt be arsed dealin with few rouge brits who wanted own country n lol vietnam n lol civil war

Helvis2012
07-04-2011, 04:23 AM
didnt really win war of independence we just couldnt be arsed dealin with few rouge brits who wanted own country n lol vietnam n lol civil war

Genius. Thanks professor. :rolleyes:

runningdownthatdream
07-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Happy Independence Day from Canada!

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 04:29 AM

It was certainly true when Patton said it. Did the USA "lose" the Vietnam war? It's truer to say that they didn't win it; they were never defeated in the field.

runningdownthatdream
07-04-2011, 04:32 AM

As much as I disagree with a lot of American foreign policy, I do agree that America could win any war. That's what having the most advanced military and largest stockpile of nuclear weapons can do. Fortunately for some, Americans are also a diverse lot so those that would wage total war don't ever get to outmaneuver those opposed to it. In effect, Americans keep America from dominating the rest of the world.

flabbybody
07-04-2011, 04:35 AM
LOL Helvis.
they always forget how we bailed their ass out when the Krauts were about to take over their whole bloody island in WW II. but I love the limmies. what would the world be like without them ?

Jericho
07-04-2011, 04:47 AM
LOL Helvis.
they always forget how we bailed their ass out when the Krauts were about to take over their whole bloody island in WW II. but I love the limmies. what would the world be like without them ?

Grrrr, bites tongue :ignore:, and graciously wishes the cousins a happy independence day!

Wendy Summers
07-04-2011, 04:52 AM
I would have lit sparklers and shoved them up my ass to celebrate but I'm afraid of getting burned... so this is the closest to fireworks I can give... Hapy Early Fourth!

http://www.wendysummers.com/images/stories/Pic-of-the-Day/burst.gif

Ineeda SM
07-04-2011, 04:57 AM
It's now 4th July here in the UK, so let me be the first to wish you all a great Independence Day.

Thanks Bob. 235 years ago we would have been considered enemies. But time heals all wounds in mice and men. Today the U.K. is our closest friends. I am glad we have more in common than not.

Your a bloody good mate Bobby L.

Happy fourth everyone.

onmyknees
07-04-2011, 05:00 AM

I appreciate the gesture RobertLouis. There were so many good things happening all over the country from back yard barbecues to small town parades to fire work displays ....but unfortunately if you watch the TV you'd think 300 million Americans we're hanging on the Casey Anthony Trial and if the Frenchman DSK was really guilty of assualting the chamber maid. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Ineeda SM
07-04-2011, 05:04 AM
I would have lit sparklers and shoved them up my ass to celebrate but I'm afraid of getting burned... so this is the closest to fireworks I can give... Hapy Early Fourth!

Well I guess water sports are better than burning your ass anyday.

That's pretty clever hun. Very sexy holiday salutations.

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 05:16 AM
LOL Helvis.

Umm, would that be when we stood alone against Hitler for a couple of years while you guys bickered at home? Because if we hadn't done what we did in 1940 and 1941, there wouldn't have been much of a world for you to "save".

Hey, I started this thread to wish you guys a good day in the morning. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered.... :geek:

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 05:18 AM

http://www.wendysummers.com/images/stories/Pic-of-the-Day/burst.gif

Wendy sweetheart, you're a more than welcome addition to this forum.

Take it any way you like, but there's no doubt that you add to "the gaiety of nations." :dancing::dancing::dancing:

NatashaLover
07-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone! now I want to see some fireworks!

Erika1487
07-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Happy 4th of July Kids

Wendy Summers
07-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Take it any way you like, but there's no doubt that you add to "the gaiety of nations." :dancing::dancing::dancing:

All part of my plan to take over the world -- World Peace through threat of gaiety ;).

Yeah
07-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Happy 4th of July to everyone, especially to all my friends!

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 06:38 AM
All part of my plan to take over the world -- World Peace through threat of gaiety ;).

Well, at least you'd make the cutest dick-tator ever, Wendy. :party:

Dino Velvet
07-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Happy Independence Day. Thanks to our British friend Bob for starting this thread. I'd share some good American BBQ with you if you were around. I'd let you pick the beer 'cuz ours ain't no good.:cheers:

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Happy Independence Day. Thanks to our British friend Bob for starting this thread. I'd share some good American BBQ with you if you were around. I'd let you pick the beer 'cuz ours ain't no good.:cheers:

Thanks Dino, I'm meeting some muso friends from Boston tonight, so we'll be sinking a few for Uncle Sam and dining at the most authentic pit bbq I've found here, over in the east end.

And as for your beer, yes, the mass-produced, semi-alcoholic, chemical stuff is mostly shit, but there are some shining examples of how to do it well in boutique breweries all over the country, Anchor in SF and Sam Adams in Boston to name but two. I also remember a fantastic German-style wheat beer from Kalamazoo called Oberon. Although the best beer in Texas is actually in Mexico!

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Happy 4th of July Kids

And may I add, Erika, that I like the way your nips are patriotically standing to attention..... :dancing:

Dino Velvet
07-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks Dino, I'm meeting some muso friends from Boston tonight, so we'll be sinking a few for Uncle Sam and dining at the most authentic pit bbq I've found here, over in the east end.

And as for your beer, yes, the mass-produced, semi-alcoholic, chemical stuff is mostly shit, but there are some shining examples of how to do it well in boutique breweries all over the country, Anchor in SF and Sam Adams in Boston to name but two. I also remember a fantastic German-style wheat beer from Kalamazoo called Oberon. Although the best beer in Texas is actually in Mexico!

I'd be perfectly happy with a Newcastle Brown Ale. Can I have it ice cold too? It's hot outside.

robertlouis
07-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I'd be perfectly happy with a Newcastle Brown Ale. Can I have it ice cold too? It's hot outside.

Good for you. I'll be on Sam Adams. Seems the most appropriate beer to celebrate American independence with!.

Oh, and next weekend I'm playing a gig very close to Sulgrave Manor, the ancestral home of George Washington's family, so I'll try and grab a few hours there on the following day.

BigDF
07-04-2011, 01:31 PM
It's now 4th July here in the UK, so let me be the first to wish you all a great Independence Day."Thanks awfully, old chap!" A line from the movie Battle of Britain which is an excellent depiction of that fight. Good thing you Brits didn't have Spitfires 235 years ago.:dancing::dancing::dancing:

kittyKaiti
07-04-2011, 01:42 PM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

GUNS, STRIPPERS & PATRIOTISM, FUCK YEAH AMERICA!!! :cheers:

onmyknees
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Damn Gurl..sexy little gurls carrying big serious weapons...I like that. And I like your idea of patriotism and even down to the camo netting and sexy pumps. Nice touch baby !! :dancing:

Hey...had a chopper stolen at Gully's last week...you weren't down there.......were ya ?? LOL

Yeah
07-04-2011, 10:44 PM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Nice pic Kitty. You would fit right in down here. Everyone love guns and hot babes. You ever get down this way?

Luvs T Gyrls
07-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Thank you Kaiti!! Lock and Load

StlyeMeCunty
07-04-2011, 11:30 PM
In the words of Shangela, "Eat that chicken you BITCH!!!" HAPPY 4th!!!!

robertlouis
07-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Just had a great 4th of July in London, meeting some friends from Boston and it turned into a great multinational party over in Shoreditch. Lots of good American beer too, thankfully none of the majors.

Enjoy what's left of your national day, folks.

ed_jaxon
07-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Happy Independence Day from Canada!

we did not win our independence from Canada.

see what i did there?:-?

nonnonnon
07-05-2011, 02:45 AM
had some red meat with the family. pretty uneventful. it's too dry to set off any explosions

SweetBtmGuyNYC
07-05-2011, 03:02 AM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Ah, for the day when that's as American as apple pie :)

RubyTS
07-05-2011, 06:10 AM
happy 4th.... drink and drive

runningdownthatdream
07-05-2011, 06:06 PM
we did not win our independence from Canada.

see what i did there?:-?

Man, you must have been having a slow day.............

Canada was still a colony of Britain at the time so in an abstract way you gained your independence from us too! And the worse for it I might add ;-)

Jericho
07-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Ah yes, that British civil war on foreign soil! :ignore: