PDA

View Full Version : How Many Cars Have You Totaled?

Dino Velvet
06-27-2011, 11:28 PM
4 for me
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda
1979 Ford Fairmont
1981 Cadillac Eldorado
1989 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z28

I've never owned a foreign car or I would've wrecked them too.

RedDevil81
06-27-2011, 11:33 PM
You might not have totalled so many if you had a foreign car; they can actually go round corners...

Dino Velvet
06-27-2011, 11:36 PM
You might not have totalled so many if you had a foreign car; they can actually go round corners...

My cars had some sort of weird technology that made them difficult to drive between 2-6AM. I usually managed but not always.

tambor
06-28-2011, 01:32 AM
None but I have totaled a Sportster and a honda CBK 750

BigDF
06-28-2011, 01:36 AM
My cars had some sort of weird technology that made them difficult to drive between 2-6AM. I usually managed but not always.In my younger days, I noticed some of that sort of thing myself, Dino.:dancing: But apparently I was more of a fool and drunk than you, because I never totaled any of my rides. I have over the years suspected someone of sneaking around and magnetizing my rides so that they would attract other vehicles. Just now I'm waiting for Ford to complete the repairs on my "obsolete" 2003 Supercrew that attracted a Chevy into its tailgate at a fairly high speed.Apparently Ford has sold out of some of the body parts for this truck.:yayo:

robertlouis
06-28-2011, 03:05 AM

LOL, you just beat me to it. I'm lucky enough to have driven either Audis or Saabs for the last 20 years or so. Something solid but with a bit of style, pzazz and power.

I've never driven an American cult car like a Mustang or a Corvette, but every hire car I've ever had in the US had about as much feel or excitement as a cold rice pudding on a grey day. Universally awful.

onmyknees
06-28-2011, 03:07 AM
My cars had some sort of weird technology that made them difficult to drive between 2-6AM. I usually managed but not always.

Been there Dino....I totaled 5 by the the time I was 18. I view cars like ladies. I love them, care for them, keep them well maintained and oiled, but drive them hard...and in the end....easy come easy go !!!!!! :dancing:

Ineeda SM
06-28-2011, 03:09 AM
ZERO. I remembered what I learned in Drivers Ed. I guess I'm just a good driver, and lucky so far.

laknav2000
06-28-2011, 05:58 AM

1984 Nissan 200SX (Extreme Salt water damage)

!987 Nissan Sentra (Crash , not my fault)

1996 Nissan Maxima (Crash, my fault, I was on m cell)

Dino Velvet
06-28-2011, 06:06 AM
I drove the Camaro into a lovely office building. It was so nice I tried to ask for an application before I was forced to leave. I chose not to drive for 2 years after that for psychological reasons. I was mixing Tanqueray and Jagermeister that night which didn't turn out to be a very good idea.

Dino Velvet
06-28-2011, 06:16 AM
LOL, you just beat me to it. I'm lucky enough to have driven either Audis or Saabs for the last 20 years or so. Something solid but with a bit of style, pzazz and power.

I've never driven an American cult car like a Mustang or a Corvette, but every hire car I've ever had in the US had about as much feel or excitement as a cold rice pudding on a grey day. Universally awful.

Say what you want about American cars but most of those accidents I escaped without a scratch. Seatbelts are for pussies and I never wear them.

The Cadillac story is a good one too. I was at my buddy Jerry's house right by Baja Cantina in Marina Del Rey. I hooked up with this cute Hawaiian gal and boned her on Jerry's floor. I drove her home even though I was so drunk I could barely see. I got her home safely but I wasn't so lucky. I passed out on the 10/405 Interchange and luckily swerved to the left plowing into the guardrail or I would've landed upside down on Olympic Blvd with about a 50 foot drop. This wasn't my first drunken accident so my recovery time was swift. I got the car off the freeway somehow even though it almost caught on fire. I hid the car in a dark area and walked home, which was less than 2 miles. Good times.

robertlouis
06-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Say what you want about American cars but most of those accidents I escaped without a scratch. Seatbelts are for pussies and I never wear them.

The Cadillac story is a good one too. I was at my buddy Jerry's house right by Baja Cantina in Marina Del Rey. I hooked up with this cute Hawaiian gal and boned her on Jerry's floor. I drove her home even though I was so drunk I could barely see. I got her home safely but I wasn't so lucky. I passed out on the 10/405 Interchange and luckily swerved to the left plowing into the guardrail or I would've landed upside down on Olympic Blvd with about a 50 foot drop. This wasn't my first drunken accident so my recovery time was swift. I got the car off the freeway somehow even though it almost caught on fire. I hid the car in a dark area and walked home, which was less than 2 miles. Good times.

You're some fella, Dino Velvet. I salute you.

Dino Velvet
06-28-2011, 07:03 AM
You're some fella, Dino Velvet. I salute you.

Thanks. I can joke about it now because my most recent drunken wreck was 20 years ago. Now I don't drive after 3 beers. I realized I've dodged many, many bullets in my lifetime. I'm lucky my health is good and I'm not institutionalized.

robertlouis
06-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks. I can joke about it now because my most recent drunken wreck was 20 years ago. Now I don't drive after 3 beers. I realized I've dodged many, many bullets in my lifetime. I'm lucky my health is good and I'm not institutionalized.

Like I said, one hell of a man. Over here most guys like you are either dead or bouncing round a rubber room.

You know, I picture you as a bit like the guy in My Name is Earl but with a beer gut and a death wish.

Does that come close?

Dino Velvet
06-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Like I said, one hell of a man. Over here most guys like you are either dead or bouncing round a rubber room.

You know, I picture you as a bit like the guy in My Name is Earl but with a beer gut and a death wish.

Does that come close?

I've never seen that show. I'm a huge fan of all 5 Death Wish films though.

This song sums me up pretty close.

YouTube - ‪Fight - Little Crazy‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ6Vb9HWWeQ)

robertlouis
06-28-2011, 07:34 AM
I've never seen that show. I'm a huge fan of all 5 Death Wish films though.

Ah, Charlie Bronson's smarter younger brother, yes?

Dino Velvet
06-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Ah, Charlie Bronson's smarter younger brother, yes?

You see that British film, Bronson? It's really good.

YouTube - ‪Bronson - Official Trailer [HD]‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC-FKGMeCY)

robertlouis
06-28-2011, 07:45 AM
You see that British film, Bronson? It's really good.

It is indeed. And Tom Hardy is a terrific actor. Oscars before too long, I reckon.

south ov da border
06-28-2011, 07:47 AM
I flipped a ford explorer when I was 17...

CaptainPlanet
06-28-2011, 07:51 AM
none thankfully! been driving 12yrs so far. Zero Tickets as well!

Dino Velvet
06-28-2011, 07:55 AM
none thankfully! been driving 12yrs so far. Zero Tickets as well!

What are you, 28 now? If so, that's damn good. Most of my worst trouble was in my 20s.

Miss Aeryn
06-28-2011, 01:21 PM
No cars *touchwood* but 2 motorbikes, a '89 Honda Fireblade and a '87 Kwaka 250

Good times :)

BigDF
06-28-2011, 02:50 PM
No cars *touchwood* but 2 motorbikes, a '89 Honda Fireblade and a '87 Kwaka 250

Good times :)I don't know, Miss Aeryn, seems like "Totaling motorbikes" is a good way to get killed. A friend of mine hit a whitetail deer on his Harley Dresser; they found him in one ditch and the deer in the other. He spent six months in the hospital....where he met his present wife.:dancing:

robertlouis
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't know, Miss Aeryn, seems like "Totaling motorbikes" is a good way to get killed. A friend of mine hit a whitetail deer on his Harley Dresser; they found him in one ditch and the deer in the other. He spent six months in the hospital....where he met his present wife.:dancing:

Never totalled anything with a motor, but I did completely wreck a pushbike when I was 16.

Feck, that sounds wet, doesn't it??? :geek:

Jericho
06-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Never totalled anything with a motor, but I did completely wreck a pushbike when I was 16.

Feck, that sounds wet, doesn't it??? :geek:

Now, if it had been a unicycle...... :shrug

DL_NL
06-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I flipped a ford explorer when I was 17...
Didn't those tend to auto-flip?

None in my case, never managed to damage a car so thoroughly I couldn't fix it myself.

LexiKitten
06-28-2011, 04:53 PM
I've totaled three.... :(

All within the last 4 years...

CORVETTEDUDE
06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I am now on vehicle #86 that I've owned in my lifetime. I've had as many as sis at one time. The only vehicles I've 'wiped-out', I did on race tracks. That number is two and both were Corvettes, one a '68 and the other a '77.

kittyKaiti
06-28-2011, 07:05 PM
I totaled a 1997 Civic back in 2006. It was my first car. I was just involved in an accident in my current car with about $2,600 in damage but it's just fine. If I can find pics of my Civic I'll post them.

Wendy Summers
06-28-2011, 07:22 PM
I tend to buy used cars... so when accidents happen they tend to get totalled.

I think I've managed to total 3 cars and drive two others to their death.

FTR: of the 3 cars totalled only 1 was my fault... I have really bad luck with people hitting me :(

muh_muh
06-28-2011, 10:13 PM
none thus far (in about 10 years of driving)
worst ive done that was actually my own fault was wrecking a wheel in the snow

BellaBellucci
06-28-2011, 10:15 PM
'93 Buick Regal. I was in a bunch of collisions when I was younger, but this was the only car I've ever totaled. And they misread the odometer, so I gotz paid! ;)

... and it wasn't my fault. Some guy was trying to pull a car off the shoulder of the highway in a snowstorm using another car driving across traffic. Brilliant, right? :lol:

~BB~

RedDevil81
06-28-2011, 11:09 PM

Yep every hire car I've had has had suspension like matress springs! Comfy on those long drives down the interstate though I have to say..

Yvonne183
06-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Does smashing a car up with a sledge hammer count as totaling a car? I might have one or two in my book.

sunairco
06-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Depends what you call "totalled" unless you mean cars that you've destroyed yourself by your own fault.

I've been driving since the mid 70's and with the exception of three first vehicles which were junkers to start with, every vehicle that I've bought off a lot and was insured for collision was totalled not by me, but by the insurance companies. I've never had a ticket in my life or was the cause of an accident. I have a tendency to own my cars for a long time and maintain them. There comes a point that even in a minor accident, the insurance company will total them rather then pay for repairs. Last vehicle that I owned was 12 years old and kept in great shape. Some stupid bitch absorbed with a IPOD or Cell Phone ran into me while I was stopped at a red light busting my bumper and bending the trunk lid. Once the adjuster determines that the repairs exceed the book value of the car, it's totalled in their opinion. I could have had it repaired by another body shop for about $600, but the insurance company would not retract the total/salvage only designation without the car being recertified road worthy at my expense. Not a question of repair, but who would insure me. No insurance = no regisistration. State declares the title Salvage Only at the insurance companies deterimination or you jump through hoops to get that changed. That's not worth it with an older vehicle.

robertlouis
06-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Does smashing a car up with a sledge hammer count as totaling a car? I might have one or two in my book.

When is your graphic novel coming out, Yvonne?

onmyknees
06-29-2011, 02:30 AM
I totaled a 1997 Civic back in 2006. It was my first car. I was just involved in an accident in my current car with about $2,600 in damage but it's just fine. If I can find pics of my Civic I'll post them.

Let me be your body man baby....I can fix all that for ya !! LOL xo

CORVETTEDUDE
06-29-2011, 02:45 AM
Has anybody totalled a Smart Car....and lived!!??

BellaBellucci
06-29-2011, 02:52 AM

Yeeeeeah! They're not so smart now, are they?! :lol:

~BB~

robertlouis
06-29-2011, 03:07 AM

The pretentious smug twats who drive Smart cars don't deserve to live anyway.

Next?

Schimmel
06-29-2011, 03:13 AM
89 Toyota 1/4 ton (awesome truck, fucked it up hard, rolled off-road and drunk)
92 Jetta (girlfriend with me, was her fault, threatened to sue her just so she'd fuck off and parents leave me alone)
94 Accord (2door)

aprilian
06-29-2011, 03:16 AM
No cars but 3 bikes, 2 of them in 6 months. (85 Suzuki GS1k 01 Honda 929 04 Honda 600rr)That was a real bad summer.

Luvs T Gyrls
06-29-2011, 06:50 AM
On purpose or by chance misadventure?

Jackal
06-29-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm a near-blind 25 year old guy who has never been behind the wheel. Yep, chicks dig me

CORVETTEDUDE
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm a near-blind 25 year old guy who has never been behind the wheel. Yep, chicks dig me

Right!!!

werwt22
06-30-2011, 04:13 AM
Ive totaled the same exact car 4 times.

Pelheckitt
06-30-2011, 04:32 AM

A 1975 442 Olds - A tree jumped out in front us.

A 1968 Chevy II SS - High speed mechanical failures resulted in the loss of control.

In neither accident was anyone seriously injured and only one cause property damage.

bulldog
06-30-2011, 05:02 AM
You totally my dream car.......(cuda).........

otherguy
06-30-2011, 05:14 AM
3 cars totalled - 1 US, 1 German, 1 Japanese 3 wrecked and not totalled - 1 US, 2 German POS, who gives a shit wreck - 1 US