PDA

View Full Version : Captain America

SFTB
06-26-2011, 01:11 AM
The Transformers will get a huge box office, but I think its staying power and quality will be limited, but Captain America looks to be the action movie of the summer.

YouTube - ‪Captain America: The First Avenger Trailer 2‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DlMggBPvc)

Helvis2012
06-26-2011, 01:14 AM
We'll see. These flicks are pretty popular.

BLKGSXR
06-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Action looks good but story line is a bit etched..

HbgDon
06-26-2011, 02:46 AM
I think Cap will have an Iron Man like summer. I can't wait and just from the latest trailer, I plan on seeing it a few times.

Jackal
06-26-2011, 03:59 AM
I really liked X Men: First Class. Anyone see that?

Helvis2012
06-26-2011, 04:01 AM

Yeah. Great flick.

HbgDon
06-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Yeah, X-Men: First Class was great and brought the X-Men movies back from oblivion after X-Men: The Last Stand and Wolverine.

runningdownthatdream
06-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Last 20 minutes were a joke - as cliched and tacky as anything I've seen in the last 10 years.

tgirlfansg
06-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm glad Marvel had the balls to embrace Captain America's patriotic angle. A lot of studios tend to play down the whole American angel for fear of backlash overseas. F*ck that I say.

GroobySteven
06-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Look's great - love the WW2 setting.

BellaBellucci
06-27-2011, 10:46 AM

It's amazing how you two seem to agree on everything. It's just serendipity, right? :lol:

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=57481

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=57365

~BB~

Gillian
06-27-2011, 11:28 AM
It does look good. Big break for Hayley Atwell too ...

LibertyHarkness
06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
i cant wait for it to come out looks good stuff better than that greenlantern shit ... i have been making a captain america sexy outfit to wear for it :)

24inch shield
blue rubber dress
red boobts/red gloves

and i had to buy a captain america costume to cut the emblem and take the mask head pice from :)

GroobySteven
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
It's amazing how you two seem to agree on everything. It's just serendipity, right? :lol:

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=57481

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=57365

~BB~

What and who are you talking about, Sad Sack?

Richctdude
06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
got a free screener pass for transformers today cant wait

LibertyHarkness
06-27-2011, 02:02 PM
see i ont facny that tf3 i think it will be a cock of shit imo :(

SFTB
06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Dont pay attention to that Bella person, she's seems to thrive on starting shit.

SkankyTrannyAnna
06-27-2011, 02:29 PM

The ww2 setting is pretty much essential to it not being shit as it's the last time the USA actually had any claim to being the good guys.

Imagine if it was in the present day. Captain America shoots up an Afghan wedding, steals some oil, then murders some reporters. In fact, if it was set now, he'd just be called Captain Haliburton.

Sad but true.

SFTB
06-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Marvel studios has taken over production of their titles that they havent licensed to others, ( Xmen-Fox, Spiderman-Sony) They are staying as true to the original stories as possible. As a geek I loved seeing the little teasers at the end of each movie.

The ww2 setting is pretty much essential to it not being shit as it's the last time the USA actually had any claim to being the good guys.

Imagine if it was in the present day. Captain America shoots up an Afghan wedding, steals some oil, then murders some reporters. In fact, if it was set now, he'd just be called Captain Haliburton.

Sad but true.

ELSAPO
06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
anybody else see Wolverine in the background???

GroobySteven
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM

You could pretty much say that about any country after WW2 where there was a very specific group of "baddies". Then again, if they'd won, I wonder how history would have been written.

SFTB
06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
anybody else see Wolverine in the background???

I saw some of Nick Furies Howling Commandoes, specifically Dum Dum Dugan, Bucky, Tony Stark's dad, and Hugo Weaving is spot on as the Red Skull

CORVETTEDUDE
06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm glad Marvel had the balls to embrace Captain America's patriotic angle. A lot of studios tend to play down the whole American angel for fear of backlash overseas. F*ck that I say.

Good observation...we'll see how well it translates.

LibertyHarkness
06-27-2011, 03:23 PM
tony starks dad is in this movie as well .....he is the guy that makes the shield i think

BBaggins06
06-27-2011, 07:00 PM
see i ont facny that tf3 i think it will be a cock of shit imo :(

Um, where's my English to English dictionary when I really need it???

BBaggins06
06-27-2011, 07:03 PM
You could pretty much say that about any country after WW2 where there was a very specific group of "baddies". Then again, if they'd won, I wonder how history would have been written.

I would have thought by now that you'd learn to not feed trolls. Tossed that one into the ignore list in about 10 seconds.

Silcc69
06-27-2011, 08:52 PM

Yes GI Joe. But a lot of these companies want to make as much money as possible so being less patriotic could mean more money.

BellaBellucci
06-27-2011, 10:08 PM
What and who are you talking about, Sad Sack?

You know who I'm talking about fat ass. And so does he:

Dont pay attention to that Bella person, she's seems to thrive on starting shit.

Says the n00b with 215 posts. Yeah, you're a real expert. *smdh*

You two should just come out of the closet already. :geek:

~BB~

HbgDon
06-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Well, from what I have read there will be some present day stuff as well. Considering Samuel L. Jackson is playing Fury in it. Howard Stark (Tony Starks daddy) is in it and was one of the creators of Project Rebirth. He helped create the Super Soldier Serum and the shield Cap has.
Arnim Zola, Union Jack and the Howling Commandos all have appearances in the movie, along with Peggy Carter and James "Bucky" Barnes.
I think this is going to be the big movie of the summer. I can't wait to see it and I always love the tease for the next Marvel movie.

Seeing Clint Barton in Thor was awesome.

Can anyone tell I am a Marvel Comics geek? haha

BraveHeartz
06-28-2011, 02:06 AM
tony starks dad is in this movie as well .....he is the guy that makes the shield i think

He's the guy in the trailer who says "you actually did it" when Steve Rogers steps out the machine.

...not sure about him being played by the boyfriend from MammaMia though.

jaydubb
06-28-2011, 06:10 AM
Never been a big fan of Cap myself. But I've gotta say, I havent been this excited for a movie in a looooooooooong time. Chris Evans looks to be spot on. And Hugo Weaving... well, he's fucking perfect. I'll be seeing this at a midnight showing for sure.Check out this retro poster that they gave to the cast and crew when shooting wrapped. He's punching out Hitler for Christ's sake. Doesn't get much better than that.

Very similar to the first issue of the Captain America comic. Thats a good sign that they appreciate the canon of the character.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/tman987/captain-america-poster-retro1.jpg http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2963/103768-1628-107870-1-captain-america_super.jpg

scroller
06-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Seeing Clint Barton in Thor was awesome.

I was about to ask "when the hell was that?" and then I figured it out. Good catch. Not one of the references I caught... more of a Thor comic expert myself.

TrannyHunta
06-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Hope this Movie is good.

nonnonnon
06-28-2011, 09:47 AM
if you don't watch it, you're a terrorist

LibertyHarkness
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
yarrrr here we go my captain america shield has just arrived ...now to get on with hte rest of my costume .... then goto make my male model a redskull costume or some nazi costume lol

mikelpo
06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Libs your off your tits! Love it!!x

LibertyHarkness
06-28-2011, 04:23 PM
well yes my dad thinks i am off my tits most of the time, and my mum thinks i live in libby land ... my head is a strange place indeed but its the only one i have so i have to make do ... i just always find ways to amuse myself but i am no harm to anyone lol

mikelpo
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Your only here once its not a rehearsal libby! Enjoy it x

LibertyHarkness
06-28-2011, 04:29 PM
oh i do enjoy my time ... i think though as i spend so much time alone i have gone abit mad probably why i am the way i am lol

mikelpo
06-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Well I like you the way you are Libby! Don't change for nobody ya mad fucker!! X

LibertyHarkness
06-28-2011, 04:47 PM
and yes i am naked behind that shield :)

mikelpo
06-28-2011, 04:50 PM
and yes i am naked behind that shield :)

I hope so too!!:praying:

SFTB
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
You know who I'm talking about fat ass. And so does he:
~BB~

This Bella person really is some kind of sociopath. I can only imagine her reaction if someone here posted something derogatory about her looks. And honestly, who does that? What kind of person goes on for almost 2 years because someone who hired her for one shoot won't shoot her again, finally degrading to the point of calling him names, like some kid. I guess she really has absolutely nothing else going on.

SkankyTrannyAnna
06-28-2011, 04:54 PM
He's punching out Hitler for Christ's sake. Doesn't get much better than that.
[/IMG]

How it should be: Captain America arives late and Captain Russia has already knocked Hitler out and buried him under a carpark.

The first quarter of the film Capitan America sits at home and posts weapons to Captain Britain who does all the fighting.

LibertyHarkness
06-28-2011, 09:17 PM
i lvoe captain britan comics ..he is cool beans

BellaBellucci
06-28-2011, 09:36 PM
This Bella person really is some kind of sociopath. I can only imagine her reaction if someone here posted something derogatory about her looks. And honestly, who does that? What kind of person goes on for almost 2 years because someone who hired her for one shoot won't shoot her again, finally degrading to the point of calling him names, like some kid. I guess she really has absolutely nothing else going on.

Who are you again aside from Steven's parrot? Please. You have no clue about that which you speak. ROFL!

I've listed a bunch of issues that other people as well as me have with Steven's company. Some of those people have spoken up. Many others are too afraid. The claim that you're repeating for our resident fat cat has always been his only real defense and it's getting old. I don't want to shoot for him again anyway. But you'd know that if you weren't an ass kisser who's only been here for a few weeks. :lol:

~BB~

LibertyHarkness
06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
cant we just stop this nonsense and admire my great shield hehe jeeeeez i dunno its a captain america thread and i am doing bit for america and i am a limey :) hehe

SFTB
06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
cant we just stop this nonsense and admire my great shield hehe jeeeeez i dunno its a captain america thread and i am doing bit for america and i am a limey :) hehe

Liberty, I prefer to interact with positive people here, and you defnitely are that! Wanted to let you know I gave your site and Clips4Sale store a plug on my blog. Cheers!

http://superfantastictrannyblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/liberty-harkness-clips4sale-and.html

HbgDon
06-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Liberty - Where did you get the Shield? I'm hoping Sideshow puts out a true replica of the Shield.

Not to change the subject from Cap, but I have been thinking of getting a MAC11 and having it converted to look like Blades from the movies. I can get a semi auto for about $350 or go for the full auto for $3000.

LibertyHarkness
06-29-2011, 12:30 AM
got it off ebay xx i ordered amovie replic shield as well its a darker one :)

awww thanks sftb xxx

BLKGSXR
06-29-2011, 03:08 AM
yarrrr here we go my captain america shield has just arrived ...now to get on with hte rest of my costume .... then goto make my male model a redskull costume or some nazi costume lol
Do Red Skull and have blood all over the shield.Shit would be awesome.

Helvis2012
06-29-2011, 03:09 AM

Dig.....

PEPE3Z
06-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Captain Spain... INVICTUS.

scroller
06-29-2011, 06:45 AM

Formally offering to become buck(y) for you.

zookeeper
06-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Personally, long time Captain America fan and you won't find me anywhere near this stinking pile of crap.

They've gone out of their way to shit all over Joe Simon and Jack Kirby's design. You want to fuck up the costume, fine, fuck up the costume, but don't justify it by saying how stupid Johnny Storm would look in "flag pajamas", purposefully producing a first costume that looks bad and having Captain Chinstrap mock the costume in the movie! And don't get me started on having Cap using a gun. Captain America doesn't need no stinkin' gun.

Also, if the producers were so "proud" of America, then why is the foreign distribution only titled "The First Avenger"? That's right, they've dropped "Captain America" from the title.

Oh and Skankytranny whatever your name is...if the U.S. hadn't sent those materials to Britain and the U.S.S.R. (food, guns, ammunition, planes, etc.) through the Lend-Lease Act (http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1600.html), there may have been a much different outcome.

jaydubb
06-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Personally, long time Captain America fan and you won't find me anywhere near this stinking pile of crap.

They've gone out of their way to shit all over Joe Simon and Jack Kirby's design. You want to fuck up the costume, fine, fuck up the costume, but don't justify it by saying how stupid Johnny Storm would look in "flag pajamas", purposefully producing a first costume that looks bad and having Captain Chinstrap mock the costume in the movie! And don't get me started on having Cap using a gun. Captain America doesn't need no stinkin' gun.

Also, if the producers were so "proud" of America, then why is the foreign distribution only titled "The First Avenger"? That's right, they've dropped "Captain America" from the title.

Oh and Skankytranny whatever your name is...if the U.S. hadn't sent those materials to Britain and the U.S.S.R. (food, guns, ammunition, planes, etc.) through the Lend-Lease Act (http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1600.html), there may have been a much different outcome.

Holy Shit!

LibertyHarkness
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
hehe thanks xx yes i think my female friend is going to play up as a villan for me to fuck :)xx

didnt cap have a proper shield originally a noraml crest shaped one i recall . x

zookeeper
06-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Just remembered another thing that pissed me off about this movie - the Red Skull. Yeah, the make-up looks fantastic, BUT, in the original stories, the Skull was a nobody, a hotel bell-man who Hitler takes notice of because he recognizes the hatred, anger and a kindred evil and has trained as a soldier, but instead of putting him in the field as a regular soldier, instead gives him the Red Skull MASK. I think it was in the mid to late 80's when the Skull (in a new body, cloned from Steve Roger's) was exposed to his "Dust of Death" and had his face scarred into a permanent Red Skull mask.

The trailers for the new film show Johann Schmidt removing a mask of a normal face to expose the Red Skull underneath.

Yeah - I have issues, I collect(ed) comics.

Silcc69
06-29-2011, 08:12 PM

In January 2011 it was reported that Captain America: The First Avenger would be released simply as The First Avenger in Russia, Ukraine and South Korea due to political sensitivities.

It's all about the deniro's.

Nikka
06-29-2011, 08:13 PM
i lvoe captain britan comics ..he is cool beans

thanks for the laffs libby nice shield! :Bowdown:

Nikka
06-29-2011, 08:40 PM
ok I added the shield into my amazon wishlist :D

LibertyHarkness
06-30-2011, 02:23 AM
its a great shield ,, cant wait to wear my full costume to the premiere ... woot woot

southern81
06-30-2011, 04:57 AM
i can't wait till this movie comes out. i'm really pumped up by the fact that they are doing i think the frank miller story that told about caps birth

pantybulge69
06-30-2011, 07:48 AM

i luvved it ! i thought Xmen:First Class was truly awesome.
Not just a great superhero movie but a great movie period.
i have to rank it as one of the top five superhero movie i have ever seen.
2nd best Xmen first i have ever seen ( behind Xmen 2: United) and easily
one of the best movies i have seen in the last two years.

director Matthew Vaugh was a massive improvement over the disasterous
Brett Ratner and his XMen Last Stand where it was rushed through badly and sorely hurting in character-development. This Xmen film was so well put together, from the story-write, actor-cast, display and training of mutant power, character development, villains, the final battle involving Sebastian Shaw and his mutant crew,Xmen,Magneto, US/Russian naval forces, etc. thought it was cool that it tied into the US Cuba missile crisis.
The CGI special effects were brilliant. Especially the aerial missiles and twice with the underwater submarine.
There may talk of other summer blockbuster movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, Green LAntern, Harry Potter, Transformers and even Twilight: Breaking Dawn, but i'll bet that when it's all said and done Xmen: 1st class will end up being the best one of em all.

i hear there's a sequel already in the making for Xmen First Class with
the 2nd one being focused on either 60's civil rights era, or Vietnam era.

pantybulge69
06-30-2011, 07:58 AM
i still have a problem with Chris Evans playing the part of Captain America
especially since he has already been cast in two other different super-power movies (see Fantastic 4 and PUSH) but after much thought the WW2 setting may work out better than the modern day setting.

i think having the original Capt costume was cool ( helmet like uni) before he eventually goes to the wing head look. i figure the gun-fire, fighting choregraphy and ariel acrobats should be state of the art fun.
Make sure you stay til after the credits are over, there is bound to be a
short tie in leading to the much awaited Avengers movie due in a couple of years.

Prospero
06-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Welcome to nurd land

robertlouis
06-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Welcome to nurd land

I'm assuming this isn't the same Chris Evans that shouts on Radio 2 first thing in the morning? :geek:

theone1982
06-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm assuming this isn't the same Chris Evans that shouts on Radio 2 first thing in the morning? :geek:

Finally, an excuse to throw this little tidbit out there! I read today that Britons are happier when they are listening to the radio compared to watching T.V. or movies. What does it all mean!!!:)

robertlouis
06-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Finally, an excuse to throw this little tidbit out there! I read today that Britons are happier when they are listening to the radio compared to watching T.V. or movies. What does it all mean!!!:)

The pictures are always better on radio.

And the talk channels on the BBC, Radios 4 and 5, are very well-matched to their demographic. Plus Radio 3 and the World Service should be canonised.

I often prefer to listen to sport on the radio rather than watch it. The commentators are usually much better.

Deimos
06-30-2011, 04:15 PM
WW2 is where Cap got his start. So it's only cannon.

LibertyHarkness
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
yes we are nerds and proud to be so :)

HbgDon
07-02-2011, 01:43 AM
I prefer comic book geek.