View Full Version : Rory McIlroy - Absolute Dominance at the U.S. Open

bassman2546
06-20-2011, 01:08 PM
No surprise that a thread hasn't been posted about this subject since the U.S.'s beloved was nowhere to be seen this weekend. Regardless, there wasn't a single person that could contend with Rory McIlroy for the U.S. Open title. First there was Rory, then there was the rest of the field playing for second.

I admire his professionalism and maturity at the age of 22. I can't remember the last time I saw that in a golfer at that age. And his unselfish nature took center stage when he hugged his father and the first words out of his mouth were, "Happy Father's Day." Priceless moment.

I love how there is a pack of young golfers making the charge to challenge the veterens. Golf's actually become enjoyable to watch again since we get to see more evenly spread out coverage showing what these guys can actually do.

flabbybody
06-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Yanks lose interest if Tiger or Phil aren't in the mix on Sundays. But I must admit this kid played 4 rounds of golf that defy the ages.
Is he a future great or a one hit wonder? The British next month will shed some light.

mikelpo
06-20-2011, 02:43 PM
The boy did good

robertlouis
06-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Yanks lose interest if Tiger or Phil aren't in the mix on Sundays.

America's sporting insularity and lack of curiosity about the rest of the world never ceases to amaze me.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Tiger...Who???

lisaparadise
06-20-2011, 10:17 PM
America's sporting insularity and lack of curiosity about the rest of the world never ceases to amaze me.lol i hear ya what a great 4 days of golf and yes the next one is here finally.

oralboy707
06-20-2011, 11:30 PM
let's hope Rory and several other new young guns can stay competitive at the top of the Tour .. and would like to see Tiger regain his form and fight it out with the kids .. the more competition the better .. who cares what flag they fly ... tee it up and let it rip

bassman2546
06-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Yanks lose interest if Tiger or Phil aren't in the mix on Sundays. But I must admit this kid played 4 rounds of golf that defy the ages.
Is he a future great or a one hit wonder? The British next month will shed some light.

Not too many one-hit wonders have been ranked #4 in the world. He's the real deal. He's played seven great rounds out of eight in the two majors this year. Too bad about the implosion at the Masters otherwise he would hold both titles right now.

He'll be #1 in the world before season's end.

bassman2546
06-21-2011, 02:35 AM

Tiger...Who???

let's hope Rory and several other new young guns can stay competitive at the top of the Tour .. and would like to see Tiger regain his form and fight it out with the kids .. the more competition the better .. who cares what flag they fly ... tee it up and let it rip

It would be cool to see Tiger fight it out with the kids but the networks would spoil it by focusing too much attention on every single shot the bitter bastard hits thus taking away coverage from the young kids that are exciting to watch. I don't need to see Tiger bitching about a shot, ignoring fans with autographs and ditching press conferences after a shitty round. I've seen way too much of that from him over the years. Time for the class act talented golfers to take center stage.