PDA

View Full Version : DCCC Demands GOP Condemn What Could Be Most Racist/Sexist Ad Ever

natina
06-15-2011, 06:19 AM
WASHINGTON -- The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee released a statement on Tuesday evening denouncing what could very well be the most outrageously sexist and racist ad in political history.
Earlier this week, the group Turn Right USA released a web ad that could double as a parody of race baiting and bigotry. The spot, targeting Janice Hahn -- the Democratic candidate in a special election to take over Rep. Jane Harman's L.A.-based House seat -- spun a fairly uncontroversial attempt to have reformed gang-members draw current ones away from that lifestyle into tales of demonic violence, taxpayer subsidized rape and drug abuse.
It seemed like a transparent attempt by to hook eager cable news producers for some free airtime. For the large part, however, it went under the radar.
Which is why the DCCC's decision to call on the Republican candidate in the race, Craig Huey, to condemn it is a bit of a head-scratcher.
"This ad does not reflect the values of California’s hardworking women and men," said Jennifer Crider, deputy executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. "Craig Huey’s silence should send a chilling message to our mothers sisters, and daughters that this kind of outrageous and sexist material is tolerated.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/dccc-demands-gop-candidat_n_877146.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/dccc-demands-gop-candidat_n_877146.html

YouTube - ‪Give us your cash, B--ch!‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ3B8WvVjL4)

nonnonnon
06-15-2011, 06:29 AM
sure to top the itunes charts

yodajazz
06-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Wow! And speaking of 'demonizing'; notice how they made her eyes red at the end. Shame on the people that made that.

robertlouis
06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Wow! And speaking of 'demonizing'; notice how they made her eyes red at the end. Shame on the people that made that.

It's been done before. The Tories played it as their last card in 1997 before Blair swept them away with this historic landslide victory.

Only problem was that the bastards turned out to be right in the end. Oh well.

charmant
06-15-2011, 05:02 PM
So who is more responsible? the people that conceived the idea? or the two "actors" that participated in that?
I think everyone is equally culpable.

sharkmizzle
06-15-2011, 05:24 PM
The African-American gentlemen in the ad seem to be quite uncomfortable and have all outward appearances of being unfamiliar with anything gang-related at all. I find it sad that such is the state of politics, but nonetheless it does have a catchy beat and while not up my alley in terms of melodic preference, these two youngsters could really make something of themselves.

joeym75ld
06-15-2011, 05:29 PM
That ad is the most ridiculous, offensive political as I've ever seen, and I am not easily offended.

And Hahn's idea seems pretty good to me - and it's certainly a mainstream, often-used method to help reduce crime and influence gang members.

Los Angeles resident
06-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Where did they get those Uncle Tom oreos for this ad?

Silcc69
06-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Where did they get those Uncle Tom oreos for this ad?

Herman Cain or Michael Steele :)

Kramer
06-16-2011, 04:47 AM
Herman Cain or Michael Steele :)

Dont like black, law abiding capitilists I see. Gee why?

So you prefer the blacks with their hands out asking for freebies? Or gang banging drug dealers? Which is it?

Kramer
06-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Janice Hahn and her ilk is whats killing America! Open your eyes fools!

dreamon
06-16-2011, 05:16 AM
I won't lie, I did get a bit of a giggle out of this. It's offensive, though no doubt. I haven't seen it on TV at all though. Maybe it's because I don't watch TV at 3 in the morning though.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I hope Janice Hahn doesn't win. The last thing this state needs is another Democrat representative.

yodajazz
06-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Janice Hahn and her ilk is whats killing America! Open your eyes fools!
Criticizing people is the easy way. Tell what is good for the America, in your view? And I have to ask you, what's so bad about preventing crime? Are you pro crime? Usually 'pro-crime' people are just for certain crimes, like Blacks hurting and exploiting one another. Its basically supporting what I call "passive genocide".

From what I can see, a 'Janice Hahn' type, is not the kind of person who opened the door of the chain of events, that lead to the median US household losing 23% of its wealth between 2007-09. That was your people, who told us, all we needed was let get government out of the way, and 'business innovation' would bring greater prosperity. Yeah, they innovated us out of 1/4 of our wealth. While your sorry ass, is focused on gang members, you need to be watching out for the Wall Street gang. They are still investing your spare change, in foreign markets, not creating jobs here, like we were told. And since 2000, they are allowed to use your retirement moneys on legalized gambling.

But, what do I know? I still want you to show me an example of something good. Open my eyes.