PDA

View Full Version : anybody scene this yet?

toopretty
06-04-2011, 10:46 AM
i cant the be first one to have seen this trailer...

toopretty
06-04-2011, 10:47 AM
YouTube - ‪Gun Hill Road Trailer 2011 HD‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwhijbWn5cE)

Stavros
06-04-2011, 11:25 AM
The synopsis below is from www.imdb.com
I dont know the film so I don't know if the father who knows what goes on prison is making a connection to those things with his son's sexual preference: it must add some frisson to the anxiety, look like a film worth seeing.

Enrique (Esai Morales) is a true product of the Bronx, its flavor and its pitfalls have shaped his understanding of the world and defined his sense of manhood. After serving three years in prison, Enrique comes home to find that his son has changed. 16 year-old Michael (Harmony Santana), is not the same boy he left behind when he went to prison. Michael is beginning to explore a sexual transformation that tears at the very core of who Enrique believes himself to be.

The street-hardened father is incensed, but his questions are only met with protective silence from wife Angela (Judy Reyes), who finds herself caught in the middle of the ensuing battle of wills between the two people she loves most in the world. She is desperately clinging to the love she once had for Enrique while trying to protect her son from his fathers unrelenting campaign to force him into the kind of man men are supposed to be.

If Enrique makes one false move, he will be back in the system, but his inability to control his money, the love of his wife or the life of his son have built up a sweltering frustration inside him that results in his breaking the law again. And even though stealing from his wifes former lover, and assaulting an old enemy may brand him a man in the eyes of the street, it will not be enough to Enrique until he can learn to be a father to his son.

Willie Escalade
06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Looks pretty good...I'll see it when it comes out...

flabbybody
06-04-2011, 11:56 PM
This looks like a must see. A serious look at a transgendered kid dealing with rigid Latino culture. I hope the studio puts some money in marketing the film and releases it to lots of theaters.
I love the title. It's the street in the Bronx that I grew up on. (about 100 years ago)

Merkurie
06-05-2011, 01:44 AM
From the preview it looks like a powerful film.
I look forward to seeing it.

MrsKellyPierce
06-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Looks wonderful!

Yvonne183
06-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Yeah,, Gun Hill Rd. BRONX USA.

If it was anything like the Bronx when I lived there then that kid is in for one hell of a whooping, unless she leaves for Manhattan.

I gotta see this movie.

nonnonnon
06-05-2011, 03:15 AM
looks dark

giovanni_hotel
06-05-2011, 04:49 AM
WoW!!!

Looks like this movie is going to be discussed on this board for a looooonnnnnggg time!!!

The movie IMO many of us have wanted to see forever. Too bad the main character is a fem boi, but that's real. Every girl starts from a beginning.

HbgDon
06-05-2011, 04:50 AM
I'll give it a rent. It looks like it will be an emotional roller coaster.

nonnonnon
06-05-2011, 04:56 AM
lol on youtube they're like 'I feel bad for the dad' and 'I thought this was an action movie?! where's the guns?'

ELSAPO
06-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Thats the dude from La Bamba!!

blckhaze
06-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Looks good and tackles an issue most wouldnt touch. cant wait to see it.

giovanni_hotel
06-05-2011, 05:14 AM
BTW, can someone edit the OP's subject line??

'anybody scene this yet??'

Phonetically correct, but scene should be 'seen'.

IMO this movie goes several steps beyond where The Crying Game did in terms of elevating the public consciousness about transgendered women.

I think if people actually can SEE the emotional, psychological and physical transformation every single TG on this board has gone through on film, and the fractures that take place within their immediate families, IMO it will go a long way towards a more general tolerance and acceptance of TG women, and hopefully less bigotry toward str8 men who pursue relationships with trans-girls.

annarose88
06-05-2011, 05:16 AM
This looks really good. Also lol @ some of those youtube comments.

giovanni_hotel
06-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Bump.